Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

The White Dragon posted:

my vita isnt hacked because as i was doing the mimana iyar chronicle exploit, literally AS I WAS LOADING THE ROOTING DATA FROM MY COMPUTER, sony threw out a big update to everything

that hack is from 4 years ago! Things are way easier now, we haven't had a firmware patch in months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
My VitaTV's hacked, but only a few of the games aren't from the PSN store, and they're rips of games I own physical PSP copies of.

This setting aside of the web store isn't much of a surprise though. Since the pandemic hit, I've had more time to stare at things I wish were on sale, and the PSP/Vita library has barely had anything on sale in the past six months. Just seems another sweep of the broom to push it under the rug.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’m gonna miss remote play the most unless enterprising modders somehow get that to work on PS5

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Aww I was hoping to grab the Cold Steel games on sale someday.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I was hoping to get a VitaTV but I can't find one anywhere that isn't excessively priced.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ignis posted:

that hack is from 4 years ago! Things are way easier now, we haven't had a firmware patch in months.

shiiiiit maybe i'll check it out. i do want to play bugfixed suikoden 2 on my vita

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Give it a whirl, vita.hacks.guide is the guide to follow. Every firmware is hackable, but the recommended ones are 3.60 or 3.65. Recently we got a plugin that enables native resolution on a lot of psp games, it's still being developed but the quality increase is huge. Plus you get to use a micro SD card, and that alone is worth the hack imo

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Yeah lemme hack this thing to get

Umm

Well

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

A portable emulator console with a quality screen that can run a good deal of PSP and PSX games on a higher resolution? :shrug: I do get what you mean though

But seriously look at the work TheFlow's done with his GePatch https://youtu.be/a7z2j_lyW44

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The Vita store/license server has been offline (at least in the EU) for nearly 48h, so no downloads for anyone who needs them. Possibly a mistake, but even so, the writing's kind of on the wall.

Good bye, old friend. Sony did not respect you at all.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:rip:

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
No, it's not dead! It's just... sleeping!

Yes, taking a well deserved nap!

Vita means life!

:cry:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Used my Vita last night, had fun, would recommend. Vita means life.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Been thinking about playing Drive Girls recently. Vroom is hometown.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
looks like it's back

:gbsmith:

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Just started playing Trails of Cold Steel 1 I don’t need a PS5 at all.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Healbot posted:

Yeah lemme hack this thing to get

Umm

Well

Long ago I had sprung for the extra big Japan-only memory stick. Once it died I was like "screw this" and hacked the Vita so I could use MicroSD cards.

tbf I also did the mandatory "play with an emulator for 5 minutes and forget about it" bit. But 99.9% of the motivation for hacking was simply to have usable, easily replaceable storage.

Minidust fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 8, 2020

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Is there a possibility of the Sony memory card dying if it’s the 1000? I have everything important on the SD card. Just scared of having the Sony card die again.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

hadji murad posted:

Is there a possibility of the Sony memory card dying if it’s the 1000? I have everything important on the SD card. Just scared of having the Sony card die again.

Yeah they can fail. Especially the 64gb ones.

If you’ve got Enso installed though there’s nothing to worry about and you should never need the official card again.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

hadji murad posted:

This is always a possibility, regardless of model.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

In 2020 there is no reason to be loving with the Sony cards any longer. If you have a 3g unit get the 3g sd adapter. If you have a later one get a sd2vita and be done with it

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I got an SD2Vita, best decision I ever made

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I bought an SD2 Vita and hacked mine, and then realized there was nothing I wanted to play on it. Lol I'll miss you Vita you coulda been so much more than you were

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
please play persona 2

you can play both parts on the vita and maybe if enough people play it atlus will remember it exists

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

please play persona 2

you can play both parts on the vita and maybe if enough people play it atlus will remember it exists

Sir' I'll have you know I've not only beaten both parts of persona 2, including buying Innocent sin on release, I"m also one of the chosen few whose beaten persona 1. Not the Snowqueen quest though, I'm not that masochistic

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Lol and today I started getting low battery warnings at 30% charge. FMV.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah they can fail. Especially the 64gb ones.

If you’ve got Enso installed though there’s nothing to worry about and you should never need the official card again.

Isn’t this only for the 2000?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

hadji murad posted:

Isn’t this only for the 2000?

No, works on both versions.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The gist of it is if you use Enzo and a sd2vita, you can’t use normal game carts because taking out the sd2vita breaks things.

If you use the 3g sd mod, your game port remains open and you can use game carts too

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The gist of it is if you use Enzo and a sd2vita, you can’t use normal game carts because taking out the sd2vita breaks things.

If you use the 3g sd mod, your game port remains open and you can use game carts too

If you eject the SD2Vita when it’s mounted as your memory card then it’ll just make you reboot the console like when you remove a regular memory card. The benefit of using Enso is the fact it’s a cold boot mod, and you can use it to install all the necessary poo poo directly to the memory on the 1000 that we’re not supposed to be able to install things to so you don’t have to worry about not having the SD2Vita in if you want to play a normal game cart.

Basically the key difference between models before Enso was on the 2000 you have “official” built in memory to fall back on if anything goes horribly wrong with your setup, whereas on the 1000 if anything hosed up you needed an official Sony card to get back on your feet since you would have lost the ability to mount the SD2Vita/PSVSD where your plugins were stored.

Once Enso is installed the problem goes away since you can write the plugins and configs directly to the memory on the console (because the 1000 has writable onboard storage it’s just small and Sony didn’t want you to use it).

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Dec 10, 2020

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
You all should be using NoNpDrm and dumping all your cartridges to SD anyways.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I beat lords of thunder today. It was good. Also played a link to the past. I've never played it before. I'm on death mountain

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Holeeeee poo poo

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/release-flycast-vita-dreamcast-emulator-for-psvita-pstv.32449/

Apparently it’s mostly a proof of concept, but Mr Driller runs perfectly so far!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Holeeeee poo poo

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/release-flycast-vita-dreamcast-emulator-for-psvita-pstv.32449/

Apparently it’s mostly a proof of concept, but Mr Driller runs perfectly so far!

Oh I remember posting this like..six months back where it could kind of only play Crazy Taxi at 15fps or so. Glad to see it's still alive.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

thank you for these way back in time by the way. I still kind of love this machine unhacked still

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Time to dust off the Vita, San Andreas got ported

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYpxxi-RaoQ

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also GTA 3 and VC, which I didn’t know

Apparently Bully is on the short list since it also has an android app

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Portable bully would be the absolute death of my free time. Absolute top five game of all time to me.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
It's silly that (iinm) all of this is done entirely on the CPU, because the GPU remains an inaccessible black box.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Rinkles posted:

It's silly that (iinm) all of this is done entirely on the CPU, because the GPU remains an inaccessible black box.

nah, this hasn't been true for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I do not think they could run SA at all without gpu access.