Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you choose Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle
I chose you, Bulbasaur
I chose you, Charmander
I chose you, Squirtle
View Results

• Locked thread
Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

some guy in this thread did not just call bulbasaur a loving frog

Change your name to Bulbous gently caress Frog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

:eyepop:

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

I taught my lv100 bulbasaur CUT like an idiot

man you better get a heart scale

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

In the world of Pokémon American space dominance is never in doubt

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
You couldn't forget hm moves in gen 1 I thought

I don't remember poo poo

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Business Gorillas posted:

Change your name to Bulbous gently caress Frog

Pretty good

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I picked the one that turns into a dragon and eats people.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my pokemons, let me show them to you

yes that's potato chips, I'm american
these are all um legit

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

ChairmanMeow posted:

these are all um legit

Thanks for sharing but the proper spelling is pokemen (that's right, liberals)

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
pokepersons

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

ChairmanMeow posted:

these are all um legit

those aren't all really shiny are they which method do you use? the whole idea of having them be rare or special is weird because we're always replacing one game with a remake with a new game with a new remake

which game do you store them all on and why? also mew is free on wifi in february get fukt

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
My lv100 mewtwo that steamrolled all of stadium with psychic is lost to the rivers of time

Same
For that 100 venasaur

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
I was too busy playing real games like Tribes and Diablo II to worry about some girly collect-stupid-poo poo-with-retard-names game.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Jesus Christ posted:

I was too busy playing real games like Tribes and Diablo II to worry about some girly collect-stupid-poo poo-with-retard-names game.

:psyduck:

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

extra stout posted:

those aren't all really shiny are they which method do you use? the whole idea of having them be rare or special is weird because we're always replacing one game with a remake with a new game with a new remake

which game do you store them all on and why? also mew is free on wifi in february get fukt
I bring all my pokemans with me every generation I play I move them up
the ones in the shiny boxes are shiny but few are legit, they are all stuffed in pokebank now, you have to to get the 750. it killed me how much work you could put into getting something and then the next game boom it's like freerange in the grass.
there was like wondertrade wed or whatever you would get so much cool stuff for people trying to be on this show, tons of fakes, but pretty.

I know the thread is a honey pot, but the game was fun.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
New Pokemon games need a speed up system like bravely default or the ff7 ps4 release with no encounters and triple speed at will

loving grindy poo poo is too much in 2016

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
or something different, how many times can you play the same game

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Hector Beerlioz posted:

How many of you bought the magicarp from that one dude?

I did because it's an easy way to get a Gyarados right off the bat instead of waiting until like the 3rd town to get the Old Rod.

:edit:

I actually just started a new Pokemon Yellow game on my modded OG XBOX. It loving owns bones playing Gen 1 Pokemon on a big screen LCD TV with a wireless controller. My party is Pikachu, Primeape, and Sandslash and I just finished the SS Anne and the 3rd gym.

Edmund Sparkler fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 25, 2016

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

ChairmanMeow posted:

or something different, how many times can you play the same game

True I don't think I've finished anything past gen 2

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Charmander - It was a loving dragon
Helix fossil - It sounded way cooler than dome fossil
Jolteon - Thought it looked the coolest
Hitmonlee - I thought it was stronger and preffered the look of it
Space shuttle was hella boring

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

some guy in this thread did not just call bulbasaur a loving frog

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I never knew how to play the game but I sure did buy a bunch of cards. I once spent $15 on a Chancey card cause a kid I didn't much care for more or less had every one but that. I rubbed it in his face and he got mad which made me feel good.

Doctor Discomfort
Jan 4, 2015

It doesn't matter what I pick as a starter because I always ditch it for a Nidoran male as soon as possible and then Nidoking my way through the rest of the game.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Doctor Discomfort posted:

It doesn't matter what I pick as a starter because I always ditch it for a Nidoran male as soon as possible and then Nidoking my way through the rest of the game.

Whoa

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Doctor Discomfort posted:

i hope you also got beaten up for wearing light-up sneakers in high school

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Hello there. I made this thread a while back but was criticized and called names for not having a poll. Now that I have the ability to make polls, I want to get some hard data on this.

When you were a kid did you choose Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle?

I chose Charmander nearly every time, but bulbasaur sometimes as well. I never used em much after I got my sandshrew and Abra. Level 100 kadabra ducked poo poo up.
Helix fossil because it always sounded cooler.
I never evolved eevee. I could never decide.
I never got the hitmo-species. Oops.
I did not.

Okay op there's your data. Now how much did you spend time at the game corner.

Doctor Discomfort
Jan 4, 2015

symbolic posted:

i hope you also got beaten up for wearing light-up sneakers in high school

You're just jealous of my Boulder Badge. Bet you wish you had one. Smell ya later.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I wasn't a kid and I played it mostly on breaks at work. I got Pokeymans Red at the same time I got Xenogears for the PS1.

I took Charmander because he is adorable. I don't really remember much else other than completing it and not buying another one till Sapphire on the GBA which I didn't like much. I guess it was just one of those games I liked once and that was it.

I got one of the Mystery Dungeon games but it didn't grab me much either.

So Charmander is cute but I don't really remember or care about the rest of it. I do recall making the dumb floppy fish turn into giant sea monster though.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo
Bulbasaur had the needless hybrid Grass/Poison rather than just Grass. Many added weaknesses for a very minor resistance.

Lol if you used anything but Psychic types, though.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I never played that game but I would pick the fire thing.

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
I don't remember who I first picked because I was wayyy too young, but I remember on replays always getting Bulbasaur because it was strong against the first 3 bosses (grass took ˝ damage from electric or something)

Vaporeon, Dome Fossil, I don't remember the rest of the questions

Also I remember using the missing no glitch and cheating my way to a swole rear end slowbro

Now if you were to ask me about Pokemon Silver..... Because I went about as hard as a 7 year old could with that one

Linnear
Nov 3, 2010
I chose Bulbasaur because I thought it was the sensible and conservative thing to do.

Charmander was for those wild and feckless people that just chose whatever looked cool. Oh look, FIRE and DRAGON.

And I don't know about Squirtle because I hardly ever used Water types. I think it had two guns its shell when it became blastoise so make of it what you will.

I don't remember the fossil.

I don't remember the evee

Hitmonlee because kicks are cooler than punches

I don't remember the space shuttle

It was a fun game though.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
what in the gently caress how is the awesome turtle pokemon in last place

who the gently caress looks at the turtle and thinks "no I tihnk I'll take the retarded flower dinosaur instead"

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
I chose bulbasaur because squirtle had a dumb name and I can't remember why I didn't choose charmander

I chose the dome fossil and never used the resulting Pokemon because it looked poo poo. And I didn't evolve my eevee into anything

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Bulbasaur 4 lyfe.

I chose the dome fossil because I loved Kabutops's look.

P. sure I evolved evee into flareon.

I don't remember the space shuttle.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Pound_Coin posted:

a houseplant a water pistol OR A loving DRAGON HOW IS THIS EVEN A CHOICE

Aug 4, 2010

i had red so obv i picked charmander but brock kicked my rear end so i rerolled squirtle. thats my pokemon story

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I chose Bulbasaur, no regrets

Also isn't Bulbasaur supposed to be more like some kind of dino thing? It even has the name 'saur' in it

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Bulbasaur is the best, that is why he is #1. He's also super good against the first 3 gyms!

The other correct choices are Omastar, Vaporeon, Hitmonlee.

Really though all the pros just get the Mr. Mime from the trade early on and do a solo run with that, fucker gets bonus xp and psychic is brokenly strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

gannyGrabber posted:

Really though all the pros just get the Mr. Mime from the trade early on and do a solo run with that, fucker gets bonus xp and psychic is brokenly strong.

Yeah but then you have to look at Mr. Mime's horrible design for the entire game.

Like who the gently caress decided that a dumbass clown would be a cool thing kids would want

• Locked thread