Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
This game was designed to be fun and went on from there. The sprinkle of humour in the writing (an afterthought, really!) is a nice touch. I know a friend who didn't like using the Crosslink but it's a tool at your disposal that just so happens to let you mess with guards. And there are many ways of messing with guards. :allears:

Tom Francis posted on his blog (has some interesting reads on game design) all throughout the whole development of the game. He even quit his job at PC Gamer to learn how to code and work on games fulltime. It was pretty neat to see the different aspects of the game fall in place. The people responsible for the art and the music sort of fell into place too, they were people who followed the game's progress on his website.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also, the music in this game is great, but Leviathan (final stage) is easily the best song in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNv19ITqHJI

I like the soundtrack but the ethereal pulsing layer (for lack of a better word) in Leviathan doesn't fit with the rest of the game. Personally I associate it with Endless Space as the type of ambience you'd hear in a space 4X.

• Locked thread