Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Pea posted:

The LP wouldn't have the same charm without all the stuff you ran past. :five: :colbert:

Well at least I'm playing about as well as professional games media people would!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Friendly neighbourhood vegetable

mikeycp posted:

Also since nobody took up the challenge I made a gif

This gif is magical. In my head, this accurately describes how things went down when you first saw the posts about the missed potential hostesses. :allears:
Maybe it's just me, but it seems the guide on this game has been inaccurate several times? Whenever it says to go someplace in particular, it seems like they actually picked a random spot that was up to a quarter of the map away from where the objective really is. :confused:

Unrelated, but I'm no fan of this endgame. Ryuji goes down like a chump, there's a big reveal about the big bad and the bad guy's plan is too ridiculous for words. And don't even get me started on getting yet another bit of new info on the night Fuma shot a bunch of dudes 26 years ago. So many reimaginings! :argh:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Both the guide and the endgame aren't great! After this LP I don't understand the stance people take that this game is head and shoulders above the rest of them.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
It is head and shoulders above Y1. But I am going to say nostalgia is a big part of what makes people love Y2.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

It has to be. The story isn't that good it's the same goofy stuff as in all the other games. So unless people really mean it's the least bad story...

Anyway, the final episode is going to be a bit later today because i hosed up and left a bunch of dead air at the beginning, so i have to cut that and re-render. :(

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Here it is. The final ep.

Episode 58 - Emerging A Dragon

and here's a little something to get everybody ready for our Yakuza 3 LP, coming early 2017 (January maybe?).

Game Kiwi Watches - Yakuza 3 Trailer

I hope everybody enjoyed! I'll leave this open till like Wednesday morning in case anybody has any last words for this LP. Then I gotta close it up so I can submit it to the archives.

Thanks for watching everyone!
Keep It Juicy!

Pea
Nov 25, 2005
Friendly neighbourhood vegetable
I should have expected a few more twists, I guess. This ending was sufficiently silly and dramatic. It wasn't without bullshit moments, although your reaction to them was pretty priceless.

During the final fight with the Jingweon, there was a health item behind a crate that stood next to the blue container. You could only see the item's aura shine between 4.09 and 4.17. :stare: It's the final fight, what's the point of hiding the health items, devs?!

Anyway, great LP! I enjoyed watching it very much and will be there for the next game. Happy holidays!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Pea posted:

During the final fight with the Jingweon, there was a health item behind a crate that stood next to the blue container. You could only see the item's aura shine between 4.09 and 4.17. :stare: It's the final fight, what's the point of hiding the health items, devs?!

what :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Okay, I am usually the master (mistress?) of disbelief, but the blond guy being fine with a shot clearly going straight through his heart... Why?
Why not have it just a little bit further up? It just threw me.

Ignoring that though, I have enjoyed this LP immensely and am looking forward to Yakuza 3 very much.

• Locked thread