Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«266 »
EimiYoshikawa
Sep 12, 2017

Defective, dumb, and self-destructive.

This metaphor is getting a little heavy-handed.

Megamarm

A lot of people leave common tools behind as a way to leave Ion batteries or Cells to people, as you can't just leave them by themselves.

Even so, I always appreciate a good heat knife in a time capsule, as it really is useful to a lot of early players being able to eat on the go more easily, and symbolically, as a way for them to leave behind their only weapon now that they'll no longer need it on a return to civilization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Once i realised you can just use a scanner to find any resource, resource shortages became a nonissue to me.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised

EimiYoshikawa posted:

A lot of people leave common tools behind as a way to leave Ion batteries or Cells to people, as you can't just leave them by themselves.

I'm pretty sure you can, though.

EimiYoshikawa
Sep 12, 2017

Megamarm

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm pretty sure you can, though.

I think they patched out being able to leave Ion stuff by itself a while ago, they just disappear out of the Time Capsule, but if they're in a tool when you add the tool, they aren't detected.

At least, that's the way it seems to be in my game, right down to time capsule messages saying 'here's some ion batteries/crystals to help you out!' then bam, empty time capsule.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

EimiYoshikawa posted:

I think they patched out being able to leave Ion stuff by itself a while ago, they just disappear out of the Time Capsule, but if they're in a tool when you add the tool, they aren't detected.

At least, that's the way it seems to be in my game, right down to time capsule messages saying 'here's some ion batteries/crystals to help you out!' then bam, empty time capsule.

I had no idea about this and stuffed a capsule full of ion batteries, oops.

Well, 3 ion batteries and a cuddlefish. The message was along the lines of 'the real power is friendship' so that still works, I guess!

EimiYoshikawa
Sep 12, 2017

Megamarm

They patch out hatched cuddlefishes, too, but the eggs are okay. Other fish are fine to stuff inside already hatched.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I LIKE TO MAKE VAGUE THREATS TO PEOPLE ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE I AM TOUGH GUY. P.S. ASK ME ABOUT THE TIME A GIRL BEAT ME UP IN GRADE SCHOOL. HER NAME WAS SUZIE SHE DREW A BIG WEINER ON MY FOREHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just leave an ion-powered stasis rifle.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

KAWAIIII~~~

Serephina posted:

I think the nickel thing is just you, the ebb and flow of what's in shortage is really variable on playthroughs. I had an awkward moment when goofing around in lategame that I realized I had run out of copper of all things and had basically stripped the safe shallows of the stuff, took a bit of embarrassed scrounging to get back on track.

Nickel was really strange for me though. I literally found one multi-nickel node in the entire game.

But I had a fair amount of gated things really, and I think that's part of what caused the nickel shortage. As I mentioned, I did not find a vehicle modification statement until probably 80% of my way through the game, which made it real fun to try to go to the lost river, etc.

But then once I did, the remainder of the game was pretty much over in a snap.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

Too bad you cant leave prank hostile crashfish in a time capsule like a fun "surprise".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Thanks for recommending Outer Wilds earlier. It's not Subnautica but its close enough to do until below zero comes out.

«266 »