Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I'm just going to have to build an assload of batteries till I can make a base to recharge them huh? Unless there's an easy way to stay at the bottom of the grassy area longer? It's taken me a long time and I still don't have the base building tool I think I might be doing something wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don't expect the devs to do it but I need a mod or something that searches all your storages for materials and let's you craft it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Subanautica: gently caress the ocean

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The seamoth really needs an arm upgrade to pick stuff up without having to exit.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Is there a way to move the vehicle building platform? Have they mentioned any ones to make the escape pod useful after the initial hours?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I'm jealous, in my game it seems I've harvested all the quartz in the game. Takes forever to find more.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Do any of the wrecks have anything in them? I've been through a bunch and the only one that had anything in it was the cyclops engine pieces in the floating islands.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

PerrineClostermann posted:

Worse: Laser cutting a hatch to get into a room that was already open.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Start with a couple oxygen tanks, new fins, seaglide, then start working your way out. It's actually pretty intuitive for an early access game. Oh and make sure you get the base builder fast cause I waited too long and it slowed me down.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

What happens to vehicles when they get to 0 durability? I haven't had the courage to try yet.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I built my base floating off a cliff and I didn't realize it needed structural support. So I put in a moonpool and docked my seamoth into it. Each pod had a bunch of holes in it with no power and the whole base was flooded while the computer kept screaming at me about low power. That was fun, you probably don't want to do it that way.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I'm kinda done until an update but I have a real hankering to make a base somewhere cool. Maybe I'll go try the island.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Too bad there's nothing to do while waiting, I could understand if there were things to do but it's literally just find materials and make poo poo: the Game. At least give me a Peggle screen to play while I wait.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

No poo poo? I never built one but that seems really dumb.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You should be able to build the base out of the lifepod, like make it a reactor or something.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Does your old saves get erased with the new update?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Aurora is my friend.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Why not just let everything attack your base while we're at it. Being a survival lite game is a plus you idiots. Why do I ever bother with early access?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If they keep it to hard mode that's fine, I still think adding completely new mechanics this late into development is dumb. I want progression in my game not frustration.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It'll just force sane people not to use it. You might as well just keep a ton of tiny bases scattered about.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The only reason to pilot the big piece of poo poo was because it's a mobile base you don't have to really tend to. It's way more of a hassle to have to make a new one than it would be to just make more one corridor locker bases. Mark my words people won't use it then they'll just change it to the point where it's meaningless and a big waste of development time.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Not every survival game needs unlimited play through potential and I wish they would realize that. Exploring the cool environments should be their goal not impeding it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

So what you're saying is that you might as well just slowly run it in silent mode which makes the game tedious and not at all worth it? Shocking

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Ok fine keep the dumb cyclops changes and finish the loving game so I can do a for realsies run. They might as well just put in slender man who follows you constantly if they want to keep tension in their pacifist sea survival game.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Unless it's changed recently your base starts having cracks if you don't give it enough foundation to boost its hull strength.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Man this game is going to be my last early access game. I've only done it a few times and 90% have been a shitshow.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They're spending a lot of time not finishing the game. Fix the performance instead of the Cyclops nobody is going to use now.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea if they want the cyclops to be a portable base that can explode. Make it smaller and just put a bunch of storage on it. The thing is needlessly big for what it does and almost impossible to drive.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It's just the anger phase of early access games. We're getting close to the just release it and cut our losses phase. The games pretty rad which is sad this is going to be the last early access game I'll put money into cause 90% have been total letdowns.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Was that a flying monster I saw? Noice.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

All they have to do is hide load times behind your descent when you can’t see anything 20ft in front of you. See easy, pay me!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea probably but you shouldn't need mods to make your game less lovely. Leave it in the hardcore mode and put toggles into for the casual mode. This isn't hard stuff, just release it already so I can play the full thing and hope they can take time to polish it up later (they won't).

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They are based in San Francisco so it’s probably true. Now we could probably talk a long time about how stupid it is to be a game developer in one of the most expensive cities in the world but this is not the place and it really doesn’t matter.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It definitely was at first I haven’t played it since it went to full release but it sounds a little better. Still probably more annoying than it needs to be.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Early game is still a big bummer, it’s just a lot of searching for resources and I can’t even try the scanner room yet cause I still need a bunch of stuff to get along with desperately needing a battery recharger I haven’t found yet.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Does the time capsule spawn in a specific location?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Where is the beacon plans? I can’t believe how hard of a time I’m having finding plan pieces.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I looked everywhere that was supposed to have magnetite and couldn’t find any. I don’t think my game has any like a previous poster. I can handle some junk but literally not spawning crucial gameplay materials is beyond frustrating.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Not sure why they even need to be hidden. The game barely has any direction as is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t think it matters myself. But it’s super subjective.