Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

7c Nickel posted:

Man I like UW's concept work.

Yeah, their artists are fantastic.

I hope they consider dropping the depth of the shallows and increasing the size of the map somewhat if they're going to add sea treaders, the first few biomes already feel really crowded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Incidentally, you can't harvest stuff from inside the Cyclops, right? How are you supposed to grab stuff beyond suit crush depth?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
They've posted a few times on the Steam forums to say that they don't plan on adding any guns or anything like it to the game, but that the final game should have more ways of warding off predators.

GlyphGryph posted:

A video of the new scanner room in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UH9Z0uFfSY

Looks good, and hopefully the requirements for it aren't too steep.

I like the placeholder NS2 sound effect. :v:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Antoine Silvere posted:

also re: killing stuff, i appreciate the way things are now but i would also really like to be able to kill those big green gas fuckers because theres one that's always circling my seabase and is constantly making GBS threads out gas pods when im trying to make upgrades to it :mad:

You should be able to just knife it a few times to drive it away, normally?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Thor-Stryker posted:

The devs are splitting their time between Natural Selection2 and this, so updates will slow a bit.

AFAIK they actually handed NS2 over to a community dev team a while ago, so UWE are actually on Subnautica full time these days. I'm sure there's a couple of guys who still contribute to the NS2 repo, but they're not really actively maintaining it any more, I thought.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dyna Soar posted:

will this game run on a mid-2009 mac pro running windows 7

Probably not.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

malhavok posted:

How closed to "finished" is this? I don't wanna ruin another early access game by playing it to death before it's even done.

Not that close.

The basic gameplay systems are mostly in place so it's playable and fun, but it's also very buggy and the entire endgame and all the stuff needed for it isn't in yet.

It's a good game regardless, and should be great when completed.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Solomonic posted:

I wish there was a Dark Souls edit of this.

"There is nothing in this Belfry worth dying for."

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Looks like the update's out:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/264710/announcements/detail/800899932806760211

http://unknownworlds.com/subnautica/prawn-update/

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Paracelsus posted:

Gold, despite being of limited use, is found in more types of outcrops than any other resource. It's one of the strangest decisions in the game.

I mean, it's an alien planet. It's okay for gold to not be rare on an alien planet.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Mehrunes posted:

Nice. One of the devs posted an extensive look at the Cyclops changes at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuDqRbTETS8 (upgrades are in experimental but enemy behavior doesn't seem to be) and the lead designer put up some internal feedback here (performance is unsurprisingly the largest complaint).

These features would be really fun in a multiplayer submarine warfare game.

They're not fun in a single-player exploration/survival game.

Also, the Cyclops PA system should actually tell you where it's detected a fire since you can't both be in the cockpit looking at the map and putting fires out, and fires spread. :downs:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Tombot posted:

Heres an idea: and upgrade for the sub you can make that acts as fish repellant. One bite and ZAP, would be way better than just a shield.

Yes but is it ~~~realistic~~~