Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Dyz posted:

Those seaglide changes are going to actually make the seaglide usable outside of "dive" or "poo poo poo poo get back to the sub".

Is the power drain reduction enough that you can seaglide perpetually with charge fins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
There are two entrances (not counting the one in the side, which is gone.) One has crap in front of it that needs the prop cannon, which I think leads to the lab? The other does not. They are both in the front of the ship, and are both accessed by going up a slanted floor stewn with rubble and both look very similar, so its very easy to think there's only one. You can go in one and out the other, but that requires swimming through a maze in the prawn bay that isn't super obvious how to get through. The one with boxes in front of it is only a barrier to entrance, you can go out that way by jumping.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
Started a new game for 1.0, rushed to build the scanner room right away because it sounded cool now, figured I'd do it on the edge of the kelp forest to find silver nodes.

The fact that stalkers steal your camera drones and run away with them is hilarious.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Trustworthy posted:

The stalkers don't think it's so hilarious when I chase them down and stove their skulls in with heavy machinery

They just want to play fetch, you monster!

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

priznat posted:

I took the seamoth into the jellyshroom cave and pushed my luck, depth wise and it exploded. :sigh:

I did the same but leapfrogged from high spot to high spot in the cavern cieling, jumping out to repair the crush damage. Managed to get to the base that way. Maybe not terribly smart, but it worked and was very exciting

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
Also, word of warning, do not run your seamoth up the ramp, park a few meters and swim. It gets stuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

InsertPotPun posted:

SO THAT THING JUST GRABS YOUR SUB AND DRAGS YOU AND IT TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA HUH?? COOL. COOL. TOTALLY SAW THAT COMING AND DIDN'T PANIC.

Ah yes, this is why I have this thread still bookmarked