Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I picked this up on a whim yesterday, and I'm kicking myself for never having paid attention to it earlier. This game is dope as heck. Work proceeds apace on the Lotan:

Bladderfish and Reginald breeding to port, storage to starboard. I'm not sure where to go next with it, probably something up on the second story where the observatory is now. I haven't progressed much through the game proper, like getting the Seamoth and what-have-you, mostly because I spend all my time looking for quartz.

This poo poo is really tempting me to drop a hundo on a Gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Not much of an observatory with that poor view. Put some windows on the ends. :colbert:

Ok.

Solid Poopsnake fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 28, 2016

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I hope this is an adequate number of windows.

E: While those particular signs are from signals, you can also craft beacons and leave them places with names attached, to easily find things again. For example, there's a beacon at this base that broadcasts its name. It's suspended on the far side of that rear t-section.

Solid Poopsnake fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 28, 2016

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
dream the impossible dream

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
24 is correct, but it made walking those halls a real pain in the tuchus, so I took them out. If you're having trouble finding enough quartz to support your glass habit, the caves in the shallows should have all you need.

So I entered and welded the Aurora, what's next? I'm curious where I can find more Seamoth fragments.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Cojawfee posted:

The blood kelp is filled with quartz. Build a cyclops and a seamoth, park the cyclops above the blood kelp trench and collect with the seamoth.

You can also do this near the Aurora with a Seaglide, a bunch of extra batteries, two O2 cans, and a lot of patience.

E: And no sooner said than I found two more Seamoth fragments. Yay submersibles!

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Captain Scandinaiva posted:

Also, I've been to afraid to try, does depth do damage to yourself? I have the depth upgrade for the Seamoth, if I dive to 300 m and get out will I get squished by the pressure? I got out for a short wile at around 200 m once and the depth indicator was red but it didn't seem to do anything.

For some reason, your soft, fragile human body is incompressible.

To that end, I am considering building a station below the DSL as soon as I find enough bits and bobs to bring submersibles down there.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

double nine posted:

What's the dsl?

The deep scattering layer. Though on the Subnautica planet, it seems to occur closer to 150m down than 300+. Still, crushing depth, haunting darkness, gently caress yeah.

E: Actually, what's the maximum depth with flat land to build on? Wanna get deep.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Experimental subscribers, beware. There was just an update and uh this might be a problem.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Trustworthy posted:

I really wish the dive reel could be fastened to wreck walls. I don't die often, but when I do it's usually because I got turned around in a big wreck. I'd love to be able to explore them more methodically, and a reel would help with that, both in a practical and in an immersion sense.

Also GOOD GRAVY GIMME MY EXOSUIT UPDATE ALREADYYYYY

Can you attach it to the ground, maybe? I still can't load a goddamned saved game so I can't test it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
An update was just posted in the experimental build that fixes the savegame selection issue. Hooray!

E: Just another day at the office.

Solid Poopsnake fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jul 31, 2016