Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
I parked my seamoth inside the Cyclops then went for a journey to Lifepod 13. When I went to hop back in the Seamoth it was just gone. The beacon manager shows nothing (as if I never crafted a seamoth). Is this anything anybody's come across? Frustrating because I had the Mark 3 depth upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Hwurmp posted:

Sounds like the perfect time to craft a Prawn Suit :v:

Ok, so I made another Seamoth, visited the Aurora and ended up crafting the Prawn Suit. It was really fun jumping around for a couple hours but then I think I ran into another bug. My prawn suit will no longer get any forward momentum. If I use the jump/boosters it will only go backwards or straight up. Movement on ground is also very slow-going and it gets caught on stuff constantly. Unfortunately it's also currently like 500m down near the entrance to a great reef biome (or whatever it's called, there's crab squids and warpers and it's very spooky and deep).

Google searches haven't really been any help for figuring out how to fix it.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Are you certain you're not trying to walk through a wall that's invisible or never spawned in?

Like, does it go backwards and strafe normally?

It seemed to go backwards and strafe normally, yes. I loaded my save to check for floaters like suggested above. There weren't any attached. It was still having the bug, but for whatever reason after moving about 20 yards it seemed to go away. Not sure why that worked today but not a few days ago when I had to have traveled at least 200+ meters trying to get to Degasi seabase 3

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Okan170 posted:

Honestly, if the time loop was two hours, I probably wouldn’t have an issue with it. Under a short timer the idea of exploration for me tends to get really compressed into a “need to make the best of the time I have, get the most done before it all goes away thing that really pulls any fun out of exploration. I’ll probably uninstall it and watch/read spoilers for it until such time as any kind of mod becomes available to remove or mitigate the timer. It sucks because otherwise it’s a game that is right up my alley in every other way, but that one thing is totally enough to kill all the rest of it for me.

More than any other game I can really think of that I've played, spoilers are probably the worst thing you can do in terms of enjoying the game play of outer wilds. Its a metroidvania where all of the tools you get is just you as the player receiving knowledge. The worst thing about the game is that I cannot play it for the first time again. Spoilers could potentially turn this from a 16 hour long super immersive game to a 16 minute long game.

On the loop: there was only maybe 2 or 3 times where I felt rushed to explore an area because the loop was ending and honestly it just added to the experience. It was good to feel desperation in an otherwise chill game. There's really only one place I can think of that takes like more than 7 minutes to get to from the start of the loop so its really not a big deal.