Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Section Z posted:

Before anything else, make a builder device. Just throw down a single room or even just a single straight corridor, near your Lifepod. Just so you can put proper storage lockers in it. Worry about a proper base when you want to make a base, but more convenient storage will really help matters.

also an alien containment aquarium with a hatch; put 2 airsacks in there and it'll greatly mitigate your food/water needs as they breed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Speaking of close encounters, Mesmers are apparently going to be reworked soon and are gonna be a lot creepier.

:catdrugs:

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah salt+coral can be turned into bleach which is then converted into purified water. Purified water gives twice as much h2o as the ones you get from airsacs iirc

airsacs are renewable a lot earlier than salt is (by which point you've made that water-making machine anyway)

President Ark
May 16, 2010

got a link to that

i mean, depending on how big the dev team that is an actual consideration - it's one thing for a huge dev like ubisoft to say that sort of thing but if it's just one dude then yeah that might be a lot of work put into it.

the way you put it is still pretty passive aggressive and lovely but i'd want to see where that came from, not seconhand

President Ark
May 16, 2010

re: saving the sunbeam: i've been told that in order to do it you need to turn the gun off before the countdown timer telling you when the sunbeam arrives even shows up; once the timer appears, the sunbeam's fate is already decided