Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
I bought this game when it was on sale on steam and have been really enjoying it. It is a solid 20-30 hours of game play which is more than a lot of AAA games can say. I think I've just about hit the wall of everything I can do now. I believe I have just a few more areas deep down I would like to explore, but that's about it. The only real criticisms I have can be explained by early access / in development. I'll probably play it again after full release or it gets LAN/multiplayer support added.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

The thing about more insidious performance problems (and problems in general) is that they don't tend to manifest universally. A good example of this is Dishonored 2, whose reputation is all but tarnished by its bizarre and uneven performance issues and a vocal minority shouting, "Well I run it on a potato just fine, there's no problem!"

If you run it on a POS computer without an issues, that's very interesting and might be relevant to fixing the problem, but it isn't indicative of the absence of a problem (or an exaggeration of what the problem is). For instance, I've got a GTX 1080 and an i5 6600k @4.4ghz, and the last time I ran the game on a Samsung 850 m.2 SSD the game ran quite poorly--enough for me to uninstall the game and dismiss it to the EA drawer for another few months. From what it sounds like, my PC would probably trounce your PC in most other applications...so the question is, what is going on here that is causing these issues?

You have also have to remember what some people consider "fine" might be 5-10 FPS and intermittent but not constant crashing because they are used to it. I played WoT's at 10-15fps on my potato and thought it was fine before I finally upgraded. It goes the other way as well, some people think a game is unplayable if it doesn't run at >= 60fps.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Shinjobi posted:

They paid money for an unfinished potential dumpster fire. They've got the right to be pissed.

Star Citizen?