Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

U.T. Raptor posted:

Admittedly, I only pulled this off because it got trapped in that arch for some reason (after I'd chased it like half a mile from its spawn point south of my base), but I finally killed one with my Prawn :kamina:

I did this too: I got my prawn with grappling hook and drill arm and attached myself to its head and let it drag me around the ocean until it finally died in the safe shallows. Glory to the prawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Does anyone else find it strange that you can take a Seamoth down to its crush depth, but then get out and swim yourself deeper? I tried taking it in the jellyshroom caves for one of the Degasi bases, hit its crush depth and went "Welp, time to get out and swim deeper."

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

To be honest, I can't imagine how unfun the game would be if you couldn't swim wherever you wanted regardless of depth. If they ever manage to add the bends I'd be done.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

There are also the maps you can find online that use the console names.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I've definitely killed a warped before after stasis gunning it.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

The Prawn is cool, but I really wish I had the choice to use the Seamoth at the same depth. I just like it more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

Don't take that from it. Get a prawn suit, grappling arm, and drilling arm and reclaim the sea.