Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Is there an option to disassemble all these waterproof lockers I've made by mistake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Are there any cheevos related to Survival mode? Because I'm some way off automating a food and water supply and I'm getting sick of these Bladderfish.

It's blatantly obvious that there are no surviving human NPCs, because that would completely shift the game into something more linear and overtly story focused.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Is 5 hotkeys the max or is there a toolbelt upgrade?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

How exactly do I get inside the scanner room?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

What's the reason again for why I can't add any base pieces to a structure when I start up? It's just the one unit with the bare essentials (Air, power, fabricator) but I can't it make any bigger and the game doesn't give any feedback as to why I'm not allowed to expand it.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Just deconstructing the fabricator and locker that was inside fixed the problem, but those weren't clipping through any wall-space. Is there any option to move modules around or do I have to recycle an object if I change my mind?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

What would be the best map of the Lost River? Because I'm trying to find the disease facility and it's a bitch to navigate.

Also how much of the main story requires crossing path with reapers outside of the juveniles?

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 22, 2018

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Started afresh on Freedom. Never touched a radio. Finished building the Rocket, which I started early because I knew the keycode to the captain's quarter from the previous aborted playthrough. Got the Blue tablet. I hear that the scavenger-hunt to cure the disease is supposed to be really short. I know it's a rarity for these survival games to have an end goal, but the last act seems anti-climactic if I'm almost finished.

I wonder what the receptions is to replays of this game because your starting lifepod is the only thing that changes.

There should be the option to dissemble non-habitat items like water-tight lockers, tools, and even vehicles.

Magnetite can gently caress off. A dull-looking mineral found in that Shroom cave you barely glanced through?

Is the Sunbeam like Solaire in that if you go out of way to ignore them you can save them from a nasty fate?

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I must confess to being a total scrub and just looked up the material location for the hatching enzymes. Sometimes I just want to skip to the end when it's in sight. I completed the ship long-beforehand and I appreciate any game that lets me finish the mandatory scavenger hunt well in advance. That said the last act of the game is just "eh, you're done".

Is fixing the Aurora's drive optional?

Those Sea Dragons aren't intimidating at all when you're in the Prawn. The lava zone is pretty straightforward, you need to find the two facilities and mine enough Kyanite on the side.

I piloted the Cyclops for all of 30 seconds, and only because the game mandates you build one.

I have to pity whoever got to the Primary Facility and forgot to bring the Blue Tablet. This game can be frustrating if you go on an expedition and you're 1300 metres down when you realise you're an upgrade short. It's like Metroid if Metroid forced you to hold only half your tools at any time.

I can be very conservative and boring, like using only a tranq-gun in a stealth game, and I never once encountered an adult Ghost Leviathan. Notably the game doesn't have any Reapers on the critical-path.

I would have to said goodbye to the cuddlefish but I couldn't find the little bastard again. Probably stalker-chow.

Inspector Gesicht fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Mar 24, 2018

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Sadly there are no Leviathans in Russian waters.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

So what would be the absolute shortest path of the game? Disregarding glitches and skipping everything optional?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Absolute minimum path to end:

Get Blue Tablet found in Thermal plant. Craft one extra.
Access Sea Emperor and craft Enzymes. Get healed.
Disable Gun.
Get Rocket blueprint from Aurora after it explodes.
Make Cyclops to enable fabricator.
Leave on Rocket.

You can skip a good 75 percent of the game's content on a rerun. I never used a watertight locker or those air-pumps.