Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
So I've been just dicking around for what's probably way too long and now there's zero fish around the escape pod. Is it possible to repopulate or am I just screwed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Game's really good, only sad part for me is that it's probably never getting multiplayer. It's exactly the kind of game me and my friends like to play together.

Rotten Cookies posted:

You can make a giant aquarium in your base, catch some fish, put em in the aquarium. Two of the same fish will populate the whole aquarium. Then if you wanted, you could release all but 2 of them into the wild and repeat.

I ended up making an aquarium of reginalds and one of airsacks so I effectively have an infinite supply of food and water now.

e: I also basically have 3 billion titanium and probably enough everything except lithium to build a cyclops, but I still haven't found a goddamn seaglide blueprint. :argh:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
You need to open the fabricator with some magnetite in hand and compass will show up under equipment. IIRC it needs 1 magnetite 1 computer chip.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I think I've pretty much built what there is to build in this game... except find a sea glider fragment. Are these supposed to be so rare? Wiki says they're found in kelp forests, but I've scanned >100 kelp forest fragments now, none were sea glider ones.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yes, it's not in fab, and it's not under blueprints. I don't even have 1 scanned, much less 3 or whatever is needed :v:

Maybe I just started the game while new game was bugged.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

GlyphGryph posted:

Also, when you say say "built all there is to build" do you have a seamoth/item updrage consoles working? I just got to that point after thinking I was done and hot drat it feels like a whole new world is open to me!

Yep, the recharging fins and double capacity oxygen tanks are really nice. And on seamoth, the sonar and cargo upgrades are really nice. I run with 2x cargo, a sonar and a depth upgrade unless I want to go really deep (lava caves are really big)

Good info on the fragments btw, I was thinking there was a pattern to it, because I'd often find a lot of fragment a or b near each other, rather than them being scattered completely randomly, but I never narrowed it down more than "search in biome". I'm starting a new game today and I'll see what I can find.

Also, on cyclops, I actually dislike it right now. It's a slower (much bigger, sure) moth, that can't get power from a solar or thermal sea base, and while making powercells isn't a big deal, it is a fair amount of busywork IMHO.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

GlyphGryph posted:

For my own part I'm looking for Modification Station blueprints and thinking the same thing, so if you know where any might be...

I found these in caves under koosh zone.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

GlyphGryph posted:

Thanks didnt realize their were caves down there. Hopefully I wil have sone better equipment soon.

Yeah I completely stumbled upon them while making GBS threads my pants running away from the electro things. Then I got lost in them and came out with 10% seamoth energy left because I spammed sonar so much to get an idea where I was. Good times.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Can I recharge cyclops yet? :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Last time I ran the game, all my saves were gone completely, not just broken :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
It's in fact quite easy to get self-sufficient. You can make huge indoor aquariums in bases and put 2+ of the same fish in it and they'll start reproducing fairly quickly, giving you an infinite source of food.

Then you also build a water filtering thing, giving you infinite water for drinking, and salt, which you can use to cure food so it doesn't spoil on longer trips.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
If you stack a fish tank to 2 high, plant kelp in it, infiite free kelp and that rubber pods thing.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'd love more Geocide simulators. Factorio is awesome, but it's also not 3d or underwater :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://trello.com/b/KbugnSRJ/subnautica-roadmap

They're preeeety open with their roadmap. No exact date though.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Honky Dong Country posted:

Yup. They're power hungry as hell though.

4 solar panels will run a purifier indefinitely. Build 5 so your fabricator doesn't die if you fab a lot at night and you're good.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

DONT CARE BUTTON posted:

I should maybe update the OP. I also feel silly about not making a more elaborate thread title.

If you do have the title updated, please make it Thalassophobia Simulator, thanks :3:

e: obviously beaten as hell

Truga fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jul 1, 2016

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Paracelsus posted:

Stalkers will break their teeth on the Seamoth, without damaging it. Bother some for a bit and you should be able to get some teeth.

This is how I used to get teeth in the past, but I've been playing a bit yesterday, was doing this for 20 minutes with 0 teeth drops, and getting a grand total of 2 teeth since I started playing the save.

After that I just spawned them in with console commands. I hope this gets fixed.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a light switch for bases yet? I love that I can turn off the lights in the cyclops, makes subbing about much more atmospheric.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Hauling all my storage will be a pain in the dick though.

put a ton of lockers around cyclops walls. The thing can carry a shitload of crap if you just cram wall lockers in as tightly as possible, and still stays very spaceous.

Then, park it next to your base storage and get cranking, and never unload it. Do build a base in a nicer locale, not because you need it, but because you can :v:

Also, powercell charger on the cyclops is pretty hilarious. It charges a nearly empty powercell with like 10 power drained, if that. Talk about perpetual electricity.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Reginalds and bio reactors

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Section Z posted:

Maybe it got confused and unlocked my Cyclops mods early?

No, you probably have Cyclops unlocked. The blueprints screen gets broken often, I scanned all 9 parts required, my cyclops is still shown as 2/3, but it's also an unlocked blueprint I can make.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

Fish Ingots?

http://ftbwiki.org/Raw_Meat_Ingot

Hell yeah

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Cojawfee posted:

I wish they'd swap gold and silver. I have so much gold that I have barely any use for but I always need silver.

They should just make them interchangable, don't gold and silver have very similar electrical properties?

Alternatively, gold plating substitute for titanium for the subs/bases. Lower speed/HP, but a large increase to BLING

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'd totally play a mod that started you in the stone age and ended with automating reaper breeding for resources and pleasure :v:

Which I'm sure someone will make eventually.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I was thinking more gloating about your technological superiority while watching them be hatched, raised in a hypernutricious environment and then reprocessed for fuel by the dozen, but who am I to deny people's kinks

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Well whatever xbox optimisation work they did, I no longer get gigantic stutters as poo poo pops in. Game runs very nice now.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
An optimization pass just happened. That's why your laptop is overheating, the game is actually rendering at decent frame rates now :v:

e:

Bhodi posted:

Note: you can build solar panels underwater and they seem to work fine.

I build my first base close to surface, and put a foundation above water, then put panels on that. This hugely increases their efficiency. They also get progressively less efficient as you go deeper, and after some 200m they'll take like half an hour to charge the 25 power they can hold.

Truga fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 9, 2016

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

PerrineClostermann posted:

I can't break ~45FPS with a 1070 on experimental. Is that normal? 1080p

I want to say it should be higher, but I honestly don't know how much I'm getting. (I'm on a 980Ti so pretty much same thing) I'll check later.

Also, a good way to make a "trash bin" is to create a locker, fill it with poo poo, then deconstruct it. (ask me why I know this, I totally did not accidentally deconstruct a cyclops efficiency module once while moving things around in my first game :v:).

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Floaters anywhere within a mile of your base will punch holes in it :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
You can easily put a flower bed thing into your cyclops and plant 4 of those trees in it and never worry about food ever.

Which is kinda lame, but if you don't like that you can also not do it :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Away all Goats posted:

I could have sworn this feature was listed on the roadmap (with a screenshot even) but now I can't find it. I think this was the screenshot

It was, possibly scrapped in favour of battery charger?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
It got cancelled in favour of being funded by subsim. It's still the same game, but it'll be a type 7 uboat instead of a fantasy uboat. Dunno yet if that's good or bad, but there's a shitload of documentation and pictures of type 7s around so it'll probably look a bit better than their old demo did at least :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
My last game I had 8 panels and 2 filtration things in my shallows base and it was enough surplus to also run some pretty heavy fabricating. I think I managed to deplete it once after docking the seamoth with low power and also doing a lot of fab.

That said, seamoth now takes a lot more power to charge, so that's a new consideration.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Just build more fabs. :v:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

GlyphGryph posted:

I loved the most recent guy explaining that a complex configuration menu that allows us "cheatrts" to use traditional craft times if we want is obviously the superior option.

He's right though. Space engineers works like that. When you hit new game, you get a shitload of settings including but not limited to: assembler/refinery crafting speed and efficiency

You can be a a masochistic retard like me and create gigantic ships and bases with a hundred refineries, and empty in an entire planet worth of ore, or you just set everything to 10x one refinery and assembler.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
The settings already exist, you can disable food/water or go into creative completely. A separete option for "instant crafting" would be just fine.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
The excessive aggro is definitely a confirmed bug, so there's that.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
On that tangent, is there any talk of there being mods for this game? I'd love the poo poo out of an underwater game with dumb industry minecraft mods too.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Unfortunate, but also unsurprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
5 seconds might be just long enough to profit off a second fab, if you've got quick fingers.

:effort: though