Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

Yeah, I had no idea how used to the ubiquity of autosaves in games I had gotten until I repeatedly lost several hours of progress in this one. My most wanted feature for this game at the moment would be an autosave that triggers every time you get that inventory secured message.

I am very new to this game, though. Just picked it up during the summer sale, so I never played prior to the recent update that added battery chargers. Can't even imagine how irritating that must have been. Would all your bases just wind up with an ever-expanding trash heap of dead batteries or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

Bhodi posted:

The game has ~10h until you hit the early access wall, imo.

Definitely. I built a cyclops, loaded it up with a bunch of food, water and extra power cells and was really ready to start exploring. I found the abandoned sea base in the jelly shroom caves with a PDA that mentioned setting up a further base to the East and deeper. When I went that way to explore, I reached a sudden, pitch black drop off.

Went down as far as the cyclops could go, got out and dove down over 1km and then realized, oh this is just the edge of the map, isn't it?

Once I had the sea moth and cyclops I realized the game world is actually quite small. I've seen every biome but the Koosh Zone and inactive lava I think. I suppose I could build another sea base near a thermal vent and tool around upgrading stuff but otherwise I think I've seen most of what this game has to offer right now.

Oh well, I look forward to forgetting all about this game until a year or so from now when there's more stuff to do.

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

Trustworthy posted:

In my book, one of the little touches that makes this game so much fun is the 100% material recovery upon deconstruction. That does so much to encourage experimentation and eliminates so much frustration. I like tinkering and tweaking and constantly improving my set-up, and most survival/crafting games make that a headache.

Just don't accidentally deconstruct the locker that has all your personal equipment in it, that poo poo will not be recovered :downsgun:

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

My biggest newbie regret was basically forgetting about this-

The dive line is really buggy but still handy for caves.

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

Yeah it's really weird to me having the sea moth dock on the cyclops considering the sea moth has a much shallower crush depth and any time I want to roll around in the cyclops I'm down deeper than I can use it. Do multiple depth-extending modules stack? It's a really cool concept but I can't think of a time I've actually undocked the sea moth since I built the cyclops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reztes
Jun 20, 2003

I haven't played this new exosuit patch yet, just wondering does the exosuit dock anywhere neat with your base or cyclops? I really like the way they did that with the seamoth, and hope you don't just have to leave the prawn on the seabed or something.