Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
My game had been fine with performance and I didn't understand the 'unplayable after 10 hours' posts, but then abruptly it got really bad around 30 hours (no gradual decline) and deleting those cache folders (which I didn't want to do) didn't help. I can't play the save anymore or it will crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
All three pieces are there, but the physical models are three sets of fins, 2 outside and one inside the pod.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
You can have a garden of tiger plants with the reinforced dive suit.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
You can't do/get anything useful without the cutter and propulsion cannon to the point it's not worth going to the Aurora for just sealing the radiation. Hope this helps dissuade anyone who is somehow convinced by rude guy.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I could not access living quarters without propulsion cannon (in the last patch at least).

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
You still need the cannon to go up the stairs in the prawn room unless the crate assets are unloaded for you or you glitch through.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I wouldn't count on that being always possible considering it's probably unintended and hitboxes and such change all the time. I've been able to hop over them with some work in a previous patch, but not in my latest game. Anyway the point is it's much more enjoyable if you just bring the cannon since it's so easy to get.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
The solution is reload your game so the knife reappears in your inventory at 0% and is now invincible.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I think you can bump up the knife damage by like a million with console and hit it once.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
If anything the charge fins should be slower if kinetic energy is being removed for power. I don't use them bc at that point in the game it's easy to stay flush with power or just swap out the battery from a different tool and I'd rather have speed.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Supposedly the experimental branch has fixes for the multiple entity/wreck loading that destroyed performance esp while in Seamoth, but there are other instabilities in experimental obviously.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
This is the saltiest thread I've ever read. Maybe it's the ocean water? The new cyclops stuff looks cool and will induce terror feelings and risk which is half what this game is about. It's not as fun once you can walk around in an invincisuit. It's like you forget there's an easy mode.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
There's discussing changes to a game and there's also incredibly vitriolic circlejerking with no better alternatives lol.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
The mechanic is good because it makes the game more interesting. They have more modules (which is good because there are empty slots on the cyclops) like a shield system which looks badass so there is basically no risk that you get destroyed by low level creatures. It's fine to criticize the game but that's not what's happening here. Read the posts on this page, you can see the blood vessels nearly popping in half the posters. They should try easy mode or just make their stuff invincible using the console.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Look it up on YouTube because it looks cool or the actual wiki. It's definitely going to be in the game. Not sure why you're so hostile. A single sand shark blowing up your sub isn't in the game either.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Also even it was turned into tissue paper (it's not going to be) you can literally get all the materials to make one from scratch in 10-20 minutes. Not sure why people are saying it's expensive.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
The local wildlife is apparently capable of destroying a research facility, though? You will not need to slow down to avoid being destroyed by a tiger plant lol. The Seamoth is fragile and it can't be destroyed by one unless you intentionally want it to be.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Imagine being so salty about hypothetically being incredibly bad at a video game because it mitigates godmode in the unfinished version a little bit lol.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
The sand shark cannot trash your sub unless you're intentionally bad at the game.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Why make up obvious false lies to prove your point about being hypothetically bad at the game? The cyclops is 5 plasteel, 5 enameled glass, some lube, and one chip. That's 10 minutes of work if you know how to get stalker teeth.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Ardeem posted:

Basically this. Current game: Seamoth is for exploring, Prawn is for resource gathering, and the Cyclops for transporting your food and storage lockers, but if normal fauna can destroy it... or running it into walls or scraping the bottom, what is it even for?

(Amusing anecdote: I didn't notice where my Mobile Vehicle Bay had drifted to, and when I built my first Cyclops, I dropped it directly on my base and broke half the rooms.)

Try easy mode if you can't enjoy the game without the placeholder godmode you got used to in the unfinished game. Everyone can be happy.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Crafting new knives and stabbing things more than once is busywork. Building new cyclopes and playing whack-a-mole with fires and damage because a couple mosquitos took a bite out of your cyclops is totally a fun mechanic that will never get old.

A FYAD poster is being an aggressive dick? Whaaaat?

The knife posts were a joke about an inventory bug and a suggestion for an actual reaper spawning bug that has since been fixed it seems. Not sure how pointing out that page after page of whining about the same issue (which won't actually break the game) is tiring is being aggressive? I haven't singled anyone out or kept replying to anyone that didn't needlessly attack me first while ignoring the points I already made - that there are already solutions if you still want godmode, the cyclops won't be so easily destroyed, and that it takes more time to decide how to decorate one room than to get the materials for a cyclops.

Also from what I've seen I'm pretty sure the contents of the cyclops are not actually destroyed.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Zesty posted:

It was from the crafting timer thing, yeah. One guy was doing that to people so I did it to every post he ever made. It was months ago, whenever that was.

I only found out that a mod messaged me because it sent me an email about it the other day.

Good job bragging about being an obsessive weirdo about this game to the point where third parties notice I guess.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
KSP is one of the most modded games and is Unity and there are guides on their forum.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Why does this game break people's brains so easily lol. Looking forward to Section Z's 8 paragraph response that says nothing.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I havn;t played this yet, was thinking of getting it, but the last page of this thread makes me feel like this is a bad game?

It's a good game.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
The game is worth it for the sound design alone.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I encourage people to try the changes instead of being mad at the theoretical shortcomings of not having a godmode sub.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Free note to anyone anywhere near the area though: the moro bay aquarium is fuckin' boss, or at least it was when I was 12. Probably still cool now.

BTW I heard that literally all of our complaints will be addressed when 1.0 releases on the 23rd. True/false?

I think it's at the Monterey Bay aquarium which owns hard. Isn't the Morro Bay aquarium just about selling saltwater taffy?

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I got ion batteries in a time capsule but for mine I put in a screenshot of the player hand reaching for the Markiplier doll and 6 lubes and titled it "It's lonely in space..."

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
There's lots of table coral there but it's green.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Those people don't really exist in any meaningful quantity he's just been maniaposting for years about the same poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Have you checked out the main subnautica forums? Where people used to fight you because you have the opinion that crafting things should not take five minutes. The forums where someone who joined those forums a year after I did accused me of joining just to argue against being forced to wait several seconds to craft something.

Yea I have and you're looking at them with a filter bc it's still a tiny minority of people on one small forum of a game with millions of copies sold. Just about every suggestion there is about adding more vehicles and fauna and fixing bugs. Almost everyone there with anything to say about about finding the thermal plant say that it's too hard to find and it sucks that the signals were removed. I even found the crafting timer thread you mention with the person accusing people of signing up to vote and the vast majority of the votes and people want instant crafting. Seems fairly normal to me.