Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BluJay
Oct 1, 2004

I've got my eye on the finish line
Just finished this yesterday. I ended up playing it obsessively over the past couple weeks. I wanted to be Jacques Cousteau when I was a kid and this totally scratched that itch. Generally didn't run into any bugs until right at the end I fell through the floor when heading back to my cyclops after getting all the ingredients for the hatching enzymes. Stuck in the wall staring at the emperor leviathan. Ended up needing to load my game and find those plants again. My little girls would sit on my lap as I played, and I wish my eldest knew how to read so she could play it herself (she's five, she's working on it). It was great to explore the oceans together. My three year old always wanted me to ram my sub into the reefbacks. It doesn't do anything, but she would laugh and laugh. Seriously, it was great as some family time.

I think I'll wait a bit on Below Zero, let them get the game close to finished before I dive in, but I'm excited there's going to be more. Makes me wish there was a way to randomize the map, but I'm not surprised they didn't. That's pretty drat difficult to pull off and have all those caves work right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU