Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Have the devs stated what their eventual plans for the game are? The website doesn't seem to have much info, nor does the steam page(s). Overall I enjoy the game as I'm a scuba and ocean nerd. Happy to have picked it up on sale, just curious what we might expect to see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
Have the devs made any mention on the fact that you can only "sorta / kinda" kill stuff in this game? Like I know you can knife things to death but otherwise it's a stun rifle and a torpedo that apparently either stuns or blows things away from you (haven't tested it). Just curious since you've got the reapers and soon you'll have the sea dragon things which all kill the poo poo out of you, except in the cyclops I guess.

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006
The way I did it was just get the cyclops and toss on 3 pressure upgrades and then just cruised around. I love the cyclops.

Hopefully they'll have enough success with this game that they'll release something in the coming years that's somewhat similar but with multiplayer and maybe some combat.

I just wish there were more submarine games....though not realistic sub games. :sigh:

lilspooky
Mar 21, 2006

Iznogood posted:

So they claim to not have that much time to add subs. Are against weapons. Are not sure about mods. And made a decision that makes it so the map will remain somewhat smallish for ever.

It will still be a great game. But probably not one I play for hundreds of hours like some other sandboxes. Wich is a shame.

Yup, these are all things that will make this game fun for a brief period, but eventually will be taken off your hdd and you'll move on. That's ok since it's definitely worth the price. I just hope they or somebody else comes up with a similar sub game in the future with more depth and things to do.