Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Paracelsus posted:

The biggest problem with the fragment distribution for me is that the locations don't make any sense when compared to your tech progression. I'm drowning in Seamoth Upgrade Console fragments gathered from the Grassy Plateaus long before I can get Moon Pool fragments from the Grand Reef, even though the Console Fragments can't be used until I can build a Moon Pool, and the main reason to pursue this line of upgrades is so that the Seamoth can survive the pressures of biomes like... the Grand Reef.

Yeah, I got stuck in this loop. No moon pool =/= can't upgrade seamoth to find moon pool parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
The problem is that the majority of users, who probably agree with you don't post on their forums or whatever.

It's the same reason most games get ruined by the autistic screeching of the minority. Normal folks don't make this poo poo their life.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
So I built my rocket and said goodbye to my cuddlefish. Do the lockers serve any purpose before I push the big, red button?

My time capsule:
Cup of coffee, cuddlefish egg, ion cell, ion battery, arcade gorge toy, and the "Don't panic" poster.

Dongattack posted:

The don't take your Cyclops into the endgame facilities advice is so loving stupid and i wish you guys would stop telling it to people.

Not only is the Cyclops great as a mobile base and immune to damage if you turn off the engines and let go off the helm for when you get attacked (the first hit NEVER does damage, it's coded that way) then wait like 5-10 seconds for the leviathan or whatever to gently caress off.
You also have to craft down there to unlock the big ol' story chamber unless you want even more tedium by going back to your base to do it either by backtracking to your nearby base or hoofing it through one of the portals, while the Cyclops can ferry all your materials, all your food needs, all your battery recharge needs, recharge itself when it's a tiny bit hot around you AND craft almost everything in the game.

You would have to have actual braindamage to not be able to get it through the caves or to get it damaged let alone destroyed.

:bahgawd:

Also, it's fun. Why play games if you don't like fun? I felt like a badass maneuvering that thing around and avoiding all the big nasties and stuff.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Alright, which of you was this?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Back Hack posted:

Well now I feel stupid, because I thought I had the upgrade already. Thanks anyway. :v:

E: Also, gently caress you lava leeches, get off my ship!

The shield upgrade is really useful for that. Peels em right off in one go.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Elendil004 posted:

Are the last two achievements bugged? fire off a time capsule and beat the game didn't trigger for me. No cheats or anything used.

Yes

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

Seconding this just because I want to swap to creative quick because I'm getting really, really tired of going out collecting my weight in metal, going back and having to repeat that.

Also, collecting bladder fish and others in non-survival mode is still hella fun because you just get to swim around holding a fish in your hand. Some of them make funny noises every time you swap to them in the inventory.

Is there a limit to how big your base can be? Like, can I make a massive complex that spans the whole world if I go crazy enough?

F3, F8 to enable mouse, check the box for the console.

item <item name> #

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Yeah, the edge of the safe shallows where the kelp, red kelp, red grass, mushroom zone, mushroom cave are all like within 200m is the best place to start your first base. You'll be some ways away from the mountain island but everything else is close and abundant till you reach the point where you need to start delving deeper.

You dont even need thermal reactors. Solar provides with enough energy for most things and a bioreactor gives you a buffer for when you start adding things that consume more energy.

I powered my base through the whole game with solar panels. Started out with two, ended with eight.

That's with a moon pool, water purifier, scanner room, fabricator, etc...

I was built right on the edge of where safe shallows drops down into the lower area that leads to Jellyshroom caves. It had a nice view and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I can't think how you would do that. You'd have to haul around all the parts for a tube base + power and just build it every time you need O2.

I guess you could fill your inventory with Ultra High Capacity Tanks but I doubt you can fit enough to get to some of the end-game areas. Especially without even a Sea Glide.