Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Also, I think the mayor will say something about how much trouble the Sharks are giving him if you talk to him before beating them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

The strategy guide that came with the game said that there was another use for condiments, although I never managed to make it work. It seems that certain items, when used in combat, will consume the condiment but not consume the item itself, letting you use the item more than once. This isn't a big deal for most items, but a particular rare stat-increasing item would be a really good one to duplicate...

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Paul.Power posted:

Isn't one good reason to do Lilliput Steps with Paula in the party that she can use it as an opportunity to gain experience?

That's why she comes with a Teddy Bear - it's meant to take the hits while she gains a few levels and becomes able to survive on her own. And she definitely makes the boss (and the cave itself) MUCH easier.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I usually go ahead and grind here if necessary to get Flash Alpha because it's really effective on moles. The higher levels of Flash can even kill boss moles outright, if you get lucky.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fell a bit behind due to recent events, but the way fixing broken things works is that there's a minimum IQ requirement to fix any given item, and if Jeff/Alex's IQ is high enough, there's a chance he'll fix it any time you rest for the night. I don't know whether that chance improves with increased IQ or Luck, but sometimes, you can just rest several times in a row and he'll eventually repair something.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

The various status healing items are equivalent to the Healing ability at various levels. I believe Refreshing Herb is the same as Healing Beta, Secret Herb is Healing Gamma, and Cup of Lifenoodles and Horn of Life are both identical to Healing Omega. I never bother with Refreshing Herb because you get Healing Beta right around where most of the statuses it cures first show up (i.e. right here), and crying only lasts for one battle anyway.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I never bother with Wet Towels because Healing Alpha is cheap and cures sunstroke just fine.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

You can actually walk all the way from the Winters drugstore to Dr. Andonuts' lab. There are some pretty tough enemies in one area, but it's doable. I recommend having the Pencil Eraser, though.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Good luck - it's pretty common to spend a while searching for the sword, but I once reached a level somewhere in the 80s while trying to find it. And fighting as few enemies other than Starman Supers as I could - you have to get past a fair few just to get to the lower levels, and then I'd make a beeline for the Exit Mouse, fight for as much time as I could spare, and leave to go save. The rest of the game posed little challenge, and I probably didn't even need the Sword of Kings after that.

But it seems really unfair to make a unique weapon a rare drop from an enemy that ceases to exist after a short time and not put a single clue about it in the game anywhere that I know of. No wonder the game came with the strategy guide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Well, Pokey does tell you to call for help before that phase starts. If you don't catch the hint, you have only yourself to blame. I doubt I would have figured it out, but then, I was pretty much just letting the strategy guide play the game by this point.

• Locked thread