Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Then again what even is this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
but podima lol at you pretending you think im scum or something thats precious

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Podima posted:

Like even ignoring the anarc lynch which I see the point of (even if little mac has done nothing this game, thanks anarc) turboing someone who claimed lovers is a dumb idea and i'm dumb in retrospect for agreeing to it

also lol at you blaming me for this while particpating in it. if i thought this was a mafia game at this point id prolly say you are scum and vote you

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Like seriously podima do you actually think I am somehow scum despite you confirming yourself I am definitely a jailer. Am I the only scum just trolling the game by jailing everyone and then acting indignant about how stupid the game is as a ruse to disguise my trolling? That would be great but im not that big of an rear end in a top hat to ruin a game by not trying.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Like at this point i wonder what would happen if we just no lynched forever, nothing is happening at night this is loving stupid as gently caress

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
if i live i will just jail podima until the end of time

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote no lynch

voting this until I die or something happens at night

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
i have the option of just calling the game if people want that

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i wouldn't be opposed

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

Like seriously podima do you actually think I am somehow scum despite you confirming yourself I am definitely a jailer. Am I the only scum just trolling the game by jailing everyone and then acting indignant about how stupid the game is as a ruse to disguise my trolling? That would be great but im not that big of an rear end in a top hat to ruin a game by not trying.

scum jailer is definitely a thing and you attempting to obfuscate that is silly

but re: lack of nks i dunno what the hell is going on, but if beast aligned is in fact scum and they lost their only nk with kash then this is going to be a very slow grind of a game while we steadily vote people out for increasingly spurious reasons. the only other option is that our doc is on point, so either thecog or filth incarnate should claim as doc so we can praise them for pro tier choices and then call the game

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
spurious is right if your posted reason for voting me is I was on 3 town lynches (I guess you are counting Met as town here), none of the lynches were bad besides the imgay lynch but i have given up on this being a real game the second we found out anon was able to modify her role as resurecter to summon someone into the game that didn't even sign up and has no interest in playing

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
;ghost; notice me opop ;ghost;

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
serves you right opop

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

yeah calling this.

The scum were Flying leatherman who was a sort of cult no night kill, and podima, who'd he'd recruited.

little mac was a 3rd party killer but he refused to submit a night kill for two nights because tracker.

having kashuno as the only person with a night kill was a bad idea since he died early and from then on nothing happened.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Welp that was an interesting setup. And thanks for lying to me completely.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

i'd sort of invisioned this as a action heavy game, but it kinda didn't work out like that.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
On mobile, thoughts later. Could we get a breakdown of the full setup?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

little mac was a 3rd party killer but he refused to submit a night kill for two nights because tracker.

very much wtf

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Welp that was an interesting setup. And thanks for lying to me completely.

i felt bad about that, but i really wanted to bring a night kill back into the game, probably not the right idea, if it makes you feel any better, the revive on someone in the game would have done the same thing,

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

TheCog posted:

On mobile, thoughts later. Could we get a breakdown of the full setup?

heres my design sheet l0l

--------
the monster- untrackable/invisible, ]
night kill but can choose to poison player, which makes the night kill happen the next night,
and goes through any protection on the night of poisoning, OPG can choose to "seed" another player,so that if original
monster dies, the seeded player becomes the monster. - wins when all town are dead

------------

cult of the monster:

erik norts: cultist- worships the beast on the train to mars, each night they can indoctornate someone into the cult, who gets added
to a cult/mason doc with the cultist.], and whos alignment will change to cult of the monster/monster

-wins when there are more cultists/the monster then town.

-------------

town:

Pad tie: monster hunter and probable food, once per night can submit either "track" (see who a player visits) or "lurk"
(see who a player visits) - wins when all threats to town have been neutralised

sexton compass: train scientist- each night they can test someones genes to see if they contrain monster genes. they get back a
human/monster alignment (testing someone with the seed destroys the seed)

nogart flushown: door operator - can lock down carrages in the train, insuring that no night action can effect a player.
on the other hand said player can't go anywhere

busta rhyme: gun owner - OPG can type ##shoot <player> in thread (kills player)

pasta brez: cool boy necromancer: once per game during the night phase pasta brez can choose someone to revive in the game
(if he revives the monster whos seeded someone, theres now two monsters) anyone he brings back is an insane killer

merkin gattica - vanilla town

manny vance - vanilla town (secret lover (knows the lore name of lover, but not the player name)

pingas bert - vanilla town

yarden oiveits - vanilla town (secret lover (knows the lore name of lover, but not the player name)

kashuno-the beast
thecog- pingas bert
podima -pad tie, monster hunter
rarity: busta rhymes: gun owner
nogart flushown- jakeP
pasta brez: anon narc
sexton compass: met
flying leatherman: erik norts: cultist
imgay manny vance
FilthIncarnate merkin gattica (hasn't recieved PM)

night 1: podima tracks met
leatherman recruits met
jake jails anon narc

night 2:
jake jails anon narc
podima lurks himself
leatherman recruits podima

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why'd you make lovers who dont know who they love?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

imgay posted:

why'd you make lovers who dont know who they love?

i thought it'd be amusing

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
It's hosed up for you to explicitly tell me my summon would bring someone in as town. Not that it made a difference because little mac basically didn't play, but I wouldn't have used it if I knew they might not be town.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
so one note is that tommunist did limit cult recruitment, so that leatherman could only have one additional recruit at a time. thus i was ready to scumclaim if things got bad so leatherman could live on

but the lack of nk was really frustrating! gently caress u little mac!!!!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

It's hosed up for you to explicitly tell me my summon would bring someone in as town. Not that it made a difference because little mac basically didn't play, but I wouldn't have used it if I knew they might not be town.

yeah it was a bad decision

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwsGmorGDhBJdVUHGvMZMaHPwuQyakJZW2UkrGpeAAA/edit?usp=sharing

scumdoc where you get to see me break down who has roleclaimed

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
good try tommunist, creative setups like this can be fun but sometimes you just have to know when its not working out rather than try to put a bandaid on it mid game. good call ending it

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
like no one was ever going to lynch lilmac, a flipped townie confirmed him as town based on information provided to her by you

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

That sucked. I really thought I could slip by getting another person lynched and then start murdering tonight. Kinda lame. Like, technically me not killing ended the game but I think it was the most sound tactic.

Kinda bummed. I think I could've pulled off an SK win.

In fact, let's call it an SK win.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
nah

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Tom, a couple of tips:

1. In future don't design a game around one special role because if that role gets taken out early (as it did here) it throws the game into chaos.

2. While it's tempting to do things for your entertainment, the priority is making sure that the players have a good time so putting in roles that could frustrating (like secret lovers) should be done with caution.

Thanks for the game, I'm never going to stop talking about my badass takedown of the beast.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
In general terms, I think that the setup was really interesting, I've always liked the idea of traitor like roles, where there's an anti-town faction with no KP trying desperately to find the mafia to cooperate with them.

That said, cults are insanely difficult to play against, especially with no knowledge that they're in the game. I love the idea of cults, but I have yet to see a fun cult game. Generally speaking, its best not to amend anything on the fly. Sometimes that means your game becomes stupid, so be it. I enjoy the setup, but here's how I'd run it if I were trying to keep the flavor I'd do something like this

11 players:
2 Traitors (Mafia aligned, can talk to each other, no night kills)
- 1 traitor is a role cop
- 1 traitor backup beast - (Gains a KP when the beast dies)
1 Mafia Beast -
- Picks one between 1 shot bullet proof, untrackable, or godfather at the begining of the game, also has night kill
8 town players
- 1 tracker
- 1 jailer
- 1 day vigi.

It'd still keep the quirks of the game, but avoid the pitfalls of "no mafia team" and "recruiting! argh!"

I liked the game, and had fun playing in it, so thanks for running it.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Weird owl has life all figured out

Tommunist posted:

the monster- untrackable/invisible

FilthIncarnate posted:

I don't understand why we're all assuming that a game that had a mutating serial killer role designed to jump from one player to another is going to be cracked wide open by traditional rolecops or trackers.

:colbert:

This was fun. Thank you all very much.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
cant believe I died instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~