Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
give me back my rules :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
ok fine put me in dogbro

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
tommunist i have pms, send me my role

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

i'm currently taking a poo poo while holding a print out of ur avatar

how is that any different from any time at all over the last 3 days or so?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
pls add votecount image to op

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Usually evenings est work best for me.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
9pm is gr8

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

I can!

##shoot Kash

:allears:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also seriouspost it's in the standard mafia rules, please don't fake day actions - it can be seen as a scummy way to shut down discussions and divert town attention. thx

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TheCog posted:

And does voting for people who are inactive and clearly not *doing* anything, actually do anything? I haven't played here much, but I've never seen a day 1 lurker lynch hit mafia.

Its not "voting for lurkers" that's scummy, its the whole "Oh, I'm just doing this to get them *taking*" that's a soft refusal to commit. No lurker is gonna come out because someone said they voted "To get them talking".Ohhh, scary, if I don't talk the town will... lose interest and go after someone else! Yeah, I agree, day 1 is about generating information. Like, for example, what a noose looks like around met's neck.

But seriously, if you have a good explanation about how voting for inactive people helps, l'd love to hear it.

You want to get an inactive to post? Don't say "lets get the inactives out there", target one, and explain how you're going to get him killed if he doesn't get in here. Met's post exerts no actual pressure, it's an easy "contribution".

:eyepop: How many mafia games have you played? I kind of like this post other than the creepy noose bit

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:laffo:

WHAT THE HELL RARITY

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
usercp sniped

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
FYI current deadline is 4:26 AM EST tomorrow so I will not be around.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

this time fine?

no

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Set it to one day earlier please, the current deadline is 2+ days and that's too much IMO.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

I THINK i have it right third try

good dog

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

##vote anon

Elaborate?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Did you track someone to the kill again? :mrgw:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

FYI that vote won't count, needs to be in the ##vote person format

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

actually i will elaborate, she is scum

How do you know?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Met posted:

Hey guys. I'm Cop. Flying Leatherman in a Beast Aligned.

##vote Flying Leatherman

Nice try. I tracked you to Cog last night.

##vote Met

Whoever protected Cog, do not claim.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Yeah, I don't deserve much town cred for that. I just did it cause it was loving hilarious.

I'm not going to pass judgement though. My PM says that I'm town aligned. If imgay had the same then he would know that beast aligned meant something different. The question should have been "is that scum or 3P?"

##vote imgay

Agree with this post, met/imgay scumteam at minimum. Maybe Jake or Anon as well. But met's definitely scum based on lying about his night action.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Mafia Edit: i shouldnt analyze when i just woke up

Met is def the first scum, imgay/jake/anon are possibilities for the second

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Met posted:

Hey guys. I'm Cop. Flying Leatherman in a Beast Aligned.

##vote Flying Leatherman

Also in retrospect this is very clearly a scum attempt to conceal the scum alignment name, cop reads would pretty typically come back as TOWN or NOT TOWN

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Met posted:

I'm an alignment cop. But whatever. We're one ahead right now and you guys know tomorrow's target. I don't know how to explain the tracker other than the fact I let Framers screw up the results of any investigative role, but you might have a fourth target in a couple days if the tracker claim is poo poo.

This is a resigned 'i got caught' scum post, because you know at least one other person (whoever protected Cog) can corroborate my results.

Flying Leatherman posted:

Well that was a thing to wake up to.

Met are you sure your results are accurate? My role PM says nothing about being a Miller or anything like that.

fwiw this is a pretty weak-rear end defense of being copped as scum tho

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That's -1 FYI

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Admittedly I lucked out by picking an useful person to track. This was my rationale:

Met posted:

Long Day 1s are terrible. ##vote AnonymousNarcotics

Let's get this day rolling. Draw out the inactives.

Pushed a fast end to jokephase, and pushing a lurker lynch that early is pretty suspect. I've gotten called out for it in other games so this was a red flag.

TheCog posted:

Yawn.

##vote Met

Met posted:

Who are you?

##vote swag daddy aka G-Funk

TheCog posted:

This is the most generic "HEY GUYS! LOOK AT HOW TOWN I AM!" statement I've seen in a while.

Up there with voting for someone and then claiming you felt they were town all along really.

Cog called Met the hell out on d1, and this was Met's overly aggressive response:

Met posted:

Lynch me. I loving dare you to actually take actions rather than throwing out accusations and seeing if it'll stick with others before committing to a vote.

Met posted:

It's your first game here, Kid, and your first vote was accompanied by "Yawn" as if so nonchalant. You're a good vote for today and no one should give you the newbie's leeway.

This reads as trying to unnecessarily mafia dad-intimidate a newbie into dropping a lucky case.

I thought Cog's case was good enough for a n1 track and went with it. I mean I wasn't expecting Met to be dumb enough to immediately try to NK him, but here we are. :shrug:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That being said there's no need to rush into a turbo, we're very likely to still have at least 1 scum remaining after this that we need to find regardless.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Met posted:

Jeez, Pod. You afraid myself or Flying Leatherman are not going to be lynched today? One or the other will reveal the truth of my claim and we'll be able to move on.

You're ascribing a lot more vigor to my response than what's there, dude. I saw some questions and took a moment to explain my thought process for why I tracked you last night. That's all!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

You're right that is dumb. But that's not at all what I said or what happened. I summoned someone completely new, not a scum who died.

It's interesting that you say that though And I'm wondering if you have some extra setup knowledge. My given role was that I could return someone to life. But since everyone who died was scum, Tomm said he reworked some setup stuff and I could instead summon someone new.

lol what

i refuse to play against the mod but that's ridiculous!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also even if Met was apparently not lying about being an alignment cop, he was beast-aligned and lied about who he visited so :shrug:

The lack of a NK makes Jake's way of thinking seem pretty legit.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

FilthIncarnate posted:

I'm a little rusty: are votes reset at the end of the day or am I still voting Anonymous?

Votes get reset at the end of each day yeah.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
actually hang on a tick

FilthIncarnate posted:

I disagree; I think that, unless there's a mechanic somewhere to prevent beast seeding, this game might actually be unwinnable.

But I guess we'll find out.

FilthIncarnate posted:

I suspect this game is unwinnable, but goddamn if I'm not going to try.

but... we killed two beast-aligned people in a row? :confused: This comes off as a very strange opinion when you actually think about the context of the game and who might be concerned about unwinnability

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

The thing is we vigged the beast day 1 before he could have seeded anyone. If this is just some stupid gimmick disguised as a mafia game where the mod is just loving with us I will be pretty disapointed that I didn't sign up for a real mafia game. I am confused as to how Met could have been turned unless there were multiple beasts, or the mod just didn't want to let go of their gimmick and beasted some rando.

I'm just as confused as you are - but occam's razor, we vigged someone with a killing role on d1 and you jailed the same person n1/n2 and there was no kill

Either anarc is a second killing role or, as someone else said, the doc has been batting 1.000. scum could be withholding kills but that seems tremendously unlikely 2 days in a row.

if anarc flips beast, cool, we nail little mac and we're done. if she flips town then we lynch tommunist

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also if ANarc flips beast this will be the second time you've personally solved a game largely through lucky night action choices!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
A thought I had along those lines - do dayvigs usually end the day? I haven't seen town dayvigs do that, and it seems kinda anti-town to remove the town's ability to lynch for a day.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Opopanax posted:

I don't know man, I think there's too many variables here

Play the game then. Who's scum?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

Based on my play yesterday it should be pretty obvious that this wasn't just something I decided to make up today, I never run silly gambits like that anyway, and how many concurrent beasts do you think there are in a game where no one has been NKed yet? You are trying really hard to rationalize not making the logical move here.

And even in some crazy world where I am metting you here, if anon flips town Lil mac is confirmed town, and we all know this mod is taking crazy liberties with this game based on allowing anon to change her roles function on day 3 of a game

What part of your play yesterday should we be looking at to confirm your jailer claim?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Pod, have you claimed your track for N2 yet? I don't think I saw it but I might have missed it.

I hadn't claimed it yet, no. At this point I think it's worth being open about this since it potentially validates some information - I can track OR watch each night. Last night I watched myself since I figured I might get a visit from both the doc and the scum NK since I claimed a power role and could narrow the field based on that, but nobody came and hung out with me. :(

Rarity posted:

Also Met was train aligned instead of town aligned. I want to say that means he was scum before turning but part of me wonders that Tom is a bad mod who set up two separate town alignments.

I didn't catch that! Hmm... Rarity, what does your PM's win condition say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

JakeP posted:

My certainty that anon was scum and my alluding that it was role related, in addition to me not countering mets cop claim

ah, I see what you mean. but you called me a dumb turtle :argh:

• Locked thread