Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
City of Glompton

lava lamps are really great accessories but there's a few things you should consider before you buy, such as, make sure you have plenty of room for the lamp so the heat it puts off doesn't burn everything up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

City of Glompton

display your lava lamp in a secure location or chance your floor really becoming lava (you should probably practice just in case.)

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

City of Glompton

if you live underground, you can't have a lava lamp. sorry.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
lava lamps are soothing to watch because lava is really violent

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
lava lamps are a real problem in the post apocalyptic world because on one hand, deadly lava. on the other, free cap

----------------

RudeCat

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

In Hawaii they have pahoehoe lamps

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
when the world was young, it was god's lava lamp. they forgot about it and left it unplugged for millennia, just like everyone else, and here we are

----------------

City of Glompton

do not joke about sacrificing roommates, pets, proselytizers, etc to the lamp. that only makes it homesick.

City of Glompton

Qwerinty posted:

when the world was young, it was god's lava lamp. they forgot about it and left it unplugged for millennia, just like everyone else, and here we are

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
my landlord isn't responsible for the heating, but he is responsible for the electricty. heh heh.. fool, these babies were buy one get one free *face is lit up with pulsing colors from dozens of lava lamps*

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

City of Glompton posted:

do not joke about sacrificing roommates, pets, proselytizers, etc to the lamp. that only makes it homesick.

i find that lava lamps are more effective than bug zappers, because the bugs will start leading other bugs to the lava lamp

----------------

City of Glompton

install a lava lamp in your pool for a diy hot tub.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
Volcano (1997): Disaster film or PSA? You decide.

----------------

RudeCat

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

If you let your lava lamp get cold you're left with a piece a shist

Manifisto

In the ruins of ancient Pompeii, preserved for centuries under layers of volcanic rock and ash, lies a void where a human being once stood. His form is frozen in a tableau depicting his last earthly act, hand poised directly over the novelty lamp he switched on immediately before his death. It is unclear whether his mouth was opened to laugh or scream, but one thing is certain: he knew exactly what he did.

ty nesamdoom!

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

Manifisto posted:

In the ruins of ancient Pompeii, preserved for centuries under layers of volcanic rock and ash, lies a void where a human being once stood. His form is frozen in a tableau depicting his last earthly act, hand poised directly over the novelty lamp he switched on immediately before his death. It is unclear whether his mouth was opened to laugh or scream, but one thing is certain: he knew exactly what he did.

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
every lava lamp has a real world counterpart that is linked to their actions, that's why no one buys them anymore

----------------

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!

UnwiseTrout posted:

City of Glompton

Manifisto posted:

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
city health officials shut down local taco bell after it's discovered they've been using lava lamps for their volcano sauce

----------------

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
Krakatoa, 1883.

A young boy lets curiosity get the best of him. He stands over his groovy lava lamp, bottle opener in hand, ready to satiate that need to know. What is in the lamp? His eye twitches involuntary. Soon, he will find out.

City of Glompton

illegal lava harvest is leaving countless lava monsters and podoboos without a home. please make sure all your lava lamp purchases are cruelty-free.

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
Lava Soap gets you clean by melting away the dirt. And you.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
the worst part about owning a lava lamp is that eggy, patchouli scent created by the lava

----------------

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
if a mutant gets zits, the other mutants will laugh at the glowing pockmarks and call them lamp face

----------------

FreshCutFries

Manifisto posted:

lol

bacalou

why would they cap it with a bottle cap if they didn't want you to drink it

Piso Mojado

Qwerinty posted:

ScrubLeague

Just a lil tip for you guys the lava contained in the lava lamp is NOT the same as the lava contained in Lava brand soap. If you try to wash your hands with the lava from the lava lamp you will burn yourself and not get clean.

----------------

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

UnwiseTrout posted:

literally a fish

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
i lava good pun

ScrubLeague

lmao

----------------

Furia

like the ancient romans I believe volcanoes are a myth perpetuated by superstitious people and I chose not to believe either in the "lava" substance or that it may be contained by so-called "lava lamps"

you just have to believe in yourself, there's a little skeleton inside of us all

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
i put a water tight tube over the opened lava lamp, poured in some water, and in a few years I had some primordial fish in a bubbly water tube

----------------

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

City of Glompton posted:

if you live underground, you can't have a lava lamp. sorry.
it's ok I have a maglite

City of Glompton

DeepQantas posted:

it's ok I have a maglite

google THIS

doesn't anyone have wifi around here?

*sees a spencer's gifts with several lava lamps lined up in a display window*

oh hey looks like they have a hotspot

DeepQantas

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Add mentos into a bottle filled with jello and voila...

your own homemade lava lamp!

Incomplete Fish

pop that bad boy open and drink the liquid for a wild ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic

lava lamp in bedroom? groovy person with a fun personality

plasma ball in bedroom? twisted loving psychopath. sever immediately

• Locked thread