Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

So will they involve Chloe for his denouement or will it go back to the fact that dude murdered his brother for some petty reason and he ends up having to make peace about that?

Also, do you lot think the show "breaks" if Chloe gets the curtain pulled back and knows all the stuff Dr. Martin has been shown?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I wonder why they backpedalled so hard on the Chloe makes the devil weak/hot and bothered/desperate to figure her out plotlines. If this show didn't have such good secondary characters it would be extremely bad right now without it imo.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

There Bias Two posted:

Although, he might just keep waking up over and over again only to die seconds later.

That would suck.

Probably the case given his comments about how much spending 6 months in lava sucked

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
He's not going anywhere.
Cain was condemned to walk the earth so the spaceship would explode and a chunk of him would regenerate.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really enjoyed this week's episode. Now that they're actually hanging out together the whole Cain/Lucifer dynamic is really popping.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I ship Pierce and Lucifer for sure.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Lucifer: confirmed for bi
Cain: confirmed for flexible

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Ubiquitous_ posted:

I ship Pierce and Lucifer for sure.

They have better chemistry and Lucifer and Chloe. Hot drat.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

it's pretty obvious - cain will die from chloe shooting him or something. i will be happy if i'm wrong because i hate figuring this poo poo out before future episodes air

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

it's pretty obvious - cain will die from chloe shooting him or something. i will be happy if i'm wrong because i hate figuring this poo poo out before future episodes air

why is that obvious?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Aleph Null posted:

why is that obvious?

something something chloe's mom was an angel which is why she can kill lucifer or whatever is the reason is behind that, therefore same with cain. my hope is that they don't go an obvious route with this plot line

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They already showed that Chloe has no effect on Pierce seeing as he was standing right next to her when he got shotgunned in the stomach.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The storyline will probably be resolved by something involving Abel, or some relic that belonged to Abel.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Fun Bible fact, I've been reading a book about the Apocrypha (books that were not used in the Bible/Talmud) and one version of the Cain/Abel story has it that they're actually half brothers and Cain was the son of Eve and the Devil.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

muscles like this! posted:

Fun Bible fact, I've been reading a book about the Apocrypha (books that were not used in the Bible/Talmud) and one version of the Cain/Abel story has it that they're actually half brothers and Cain was the son of Eve and the Devil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpent_seed

eve gave a serpent access to her cooch

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Maybe Adam should have stuck with Lilith and just accepted a strong independent female partner, instead of whining to God that Lilith wouldn't do what he said.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
That would also take out easily half the elements that drive the entire plot forward since the very beginning. Source material anyway, show has gone entirely different direction.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Trouser snake

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Great episode, but why the hell do we have to wait 3 weeks for the next one? US tv schedules are hosed.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

The Lord Bude posted:

Great episode, but why the hell do we have to wait 3 weeks for the next one? US tv schedules are hosed.

Winter Olympics is about to dominate the airwaves.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Last couple of episodes have been much better. Really liked this one, even if there was a lot going on.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

grack posted:

Last couple of episodes have been much better. Really liked this one, even if there was a lot going on.

I feel like Tom Welling is killing it so far this season. He's a thousand times better than the garbage he was given on Smallville.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Those shoes don't go with those pants.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Gonz posted:

Winter Olympics is about to dominate the airwaves.

THAT'S why I'm not getting new Bob's Burgers? I loving hate TV man

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Gonz posted:

I feel like Tom Welling is killing it so far this season. He's a thousand times better than the garbage he was given on Smallville.

Now that he's actually got interesting poo poo to do, sure. Welling's character did basically gently caress all through the first half of the season.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Was anyone else hoping Ella would get shot? And then instead of a big weepy funeral for her she'd just never get mentioned again?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

grack posted:

Now that he's actually got interesting poo poo to do, sure. Welling's character did basically gently caress all through the first half of the season.

I kind of like how little of a poo poo he gave about everything that was going on with everyone.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Man that was a really good episode.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah it was.

I am not that up to speed on my Bible history/knowledge but the 'space vagina' thing went right over my head.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tide posted:

Yeah it was.

I am not that up to speed on my Bible history/knowledge but the 'space vagina' thing went right over my head.

I'm pretty sure he was just referring to the rift in the season 2 finale

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Anyone else happy they aren't white-washing Cain?

In Supernatural it turned out that Abel was getting tricked by Lucifer, so Cain killed him because if he didn't, Lucifer was going to end up owning Abel and Cain loved his bro too much to let that happen.

Here though, they are just like "Oh yea, I killed him. You think I give half a gently caress about some rando in a scarf at a bar?"

And I am loving it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

In Supernatural it turned out that Abel was getting tricked by Lucifer, so Cain killed him because if he didn't, Lucifer was going to end up owning Abel and Cain loved his bro too much to let that happen.

Here though, they are just like "Oh yea, I killed him. You think I give half a gently caress about some rando in a scarf at a bar?"

And I am loving it.

Well, I mean, if you really want to get bibley about it, the story of Cain and Abel really doesn't picture Cain as *that* bad a guy. God liked that Abel gave him a blood sacrifice and all Cain gave him was produce. :D

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Medullah posted:

Well, I mean, if you really want to get bibley about it, the story of Cain and Abel really doesn't picture Cain as *that* bad a guy. God liked that Abel gave him a blood sacrifice and all Cain gave him was produce. :D

Once again, we see more irrefutable proof that veganism, and by extension vegans, are just the worst.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
On a side note, Lucifer trying to rub the mark off with a little spit and his fingers was perfect. "Worth a try, right?"

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

something that I read is some work of fiction I don't even remember anymore was that at this time no human had died before, and so Cain decided since God didn't like veggies than Cain sacrificed what he cared most for...his brother, not really understanding what that would mean.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I like how offended Lucifer got when Chloe called him cheap, even if it was a ploy just to see what as going on in the jewelry store. Also, we really hadn't had a good Chloe Decker eyeroll in a while.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

And I am loving it.

For a hot minute I thought Cain was going to reveal that he was framed for the murder and we would get a new mystery. I'm also happy with this version.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

hangedman1984 posted:

something that I read is some work of fiction I don't even remember anymore was that at this time no human had died before, and so Cain decided since God didn't like veggies than Cain sacrificed what he cared most for...his brother, not really understanding what that would mean.

"... so you see, Lord, that is why I sacrificed my dear brother! Art thou buying thiseth, oh holy one?"

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

sassassin posted:

Was anyone else hoping Ella would get shot? And then instead of a big weepy funeral for her she'd just never get mentioned again?

I have this far out theory Ella is God, having chosen to be born and live a human life, but doesn’t know she’s God. And that’s why Lucifer never gets an answer from God when calling him out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

latinotwink1997 posted:

I have this far out theory Ella is God, having chosen to be born and live a human life, but doesn’t know she’s God. And that’s why Lucifer never gets an answer from God when calling him out.

Nah it's Chloe's kid.

• Locked thread