Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Gonz posted:

I think that's the first time an Eiffel Tower has been referenced and/or described on network TV.

Scandal talked about it with the Presidents daughter being recorded in one.

One of the moments Scandal really went off the rails as the parents of the boys involved then tried to blackmail the murder President over the tape

GuyUpNorth posted:

Just what exactly is it going to take, Mr. Lux flexing his status as Lightbringer and vaporizing something?

I kind of hope it's because he cut his wings off like in the comic book, which means tv budget multi-dimension road trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
In all honestly, I find this show captures the skevness of the character better then Constantine did last year.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Titan posted:

Didn't Luci say in one episode he hated being evil and punishing people in hell since his father was forcing him to do it? Now he enjoys seeking justice for victims, but on his own terms so I can buy that he's not the evil son of a bitch people think he is.

I would love to see him go full Archangel on someone and show his true power. I also want people to refer to him as Luci. I can picture that bothering him and it'd be amusing.

It's not that he's evil or hates punishing people he's just bored.

Lucifer is the comics is one of the standards for the bored of immortality in modern era.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Chasiubao posted:

I mean, I haven't seen the entire episode yet, but Christian forensic lady is going to end up in Lucifer's bed isn't she

She's so going to bone Lucifer and figure out he's the real devil because unlike Chole she's not an idiot.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Aleph Null posted:

He's a character we are supposed to sympathize if not empathize with.

And it was so drat affirming to see a bisexual dude on TV who isn't "confused" but just "yep, some dudes are hot; whatta gonna do?" Like, I couldn't shut up about it. I was so happy.

Of course, they immediately, in the same episode have him swear off all other partners for Chloe. So there is that.

But it was still nice.

Him being monogamous is fine, I would have loved if he wasn't just sleeping with models

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
The best part of this show is the fact they have made Lucifer scary without ever him really doing anything

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Titan posted:

Have they even said in the show that Luci is an Archangel? He is just a normal angel isn't he? They haven't mentioned Michael or Gabriel either. Amenadiel seems like a mash up of both Michael and comic version of Amenadiel.

His an archangel just without his wings he doesn't have his powers really

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

grack posted:

The show really needs to dial back on Ella. Really, really annoying.

She seems to have been turned up to like 20 this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Just going back to Lucifer as BTK, his also an immortal superbeing whose kind of beyond human mortality. Half of his thing is the fact he doesn’t understand why is Father the co-creator if the universe punishes people for being the way he created them.

• Locked thread