Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

Ghosthotel posted:

Lucifer the comic is a fantasy epic about free will vs predestination that they turned into a procedural cop drama.

And thank Christ they did, because trying to emulate the comic on network television would have been an unwatchable mess. The best issues are the ones where Lucifer appears in a single panel to go 'Oh, what are you guys doing in here? Get out of my house' or whatever and that won't fly when you're trying to get an audience invested in a lead. I'm perfectly content with 'the devil solves mysteries' as a television show concept, and my only dumb comic book nerd complaint is why would they even use the name Mazikeen for whatever this awful bartender character is, fuuuuuck. I understand that budget constraints mean you can't have that kind of make-up/cgi treatment for a character that is likely relegated to being a glorified extra, but goddamn. Maz deserves better. It's not even like Mazikeen has name recognition for the general audience; they could have used any drat name.

I have the sinking feeling that this show is going to go the way of Forever and I'll make the mistake of watching its first season, get invested, and then it will be gone :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread