Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Wahad posted:

Chloe Decker.

I never understood goons' tendency to forget show characters' names just 'cause the show isn't great.

I don't remember anybody's names, TV or otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Titan posted:

I could buy this if they ever said that Luci was an Archangel or really any one of the other familiar higher Angels (Seraph or Seraphim) and Amenadiel is just a common Angel.

Since Luci used to be Gods favorite son, it would make sense that he has the prettiest wings ever though.

Lucifer is an archangel in the Bible. Described as being the most glorious and beautiful since he was intended to forever be in the throne room and needed to be perfect next to the perfection of God.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm perfectly willing to accept that Amenadiel has jedi mind tricks similar to Lucifer

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Parrotine posted:

How's this show doing in the ratings department?

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/03/01/fox-renewcancel-standings-week-23-the-last-man-on-earth-looks-a-little-better-now/

Looks like Lucifer is one of Fox's stronger scripted shows and they think it is probable for renewal

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Etalommi posted:

I think Amenadiel healed the cop for a play, not out of the goodness of his heart. There is no indication the confrontation took place near where the cop was, there is a hospital full of sick and injured around him. Unless he healed them all, he chose that cop for reason.

Amenadiel shot the cop and is now feeling guilty about it

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Twozzok posted:

I reckon he revived the cop to be the one to shoot Lucifer to send him back to hell. Except that's when they'll reveal he is immortal and it's only Decker that can hurt him because reasons.

The power of love

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Season will end with Amenadiel falling then next season will be all about him throwing hell residents at Lucifer "Reaper" style.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Snak posted:

Did we do High School Homicide yet?

Alternately the ever popular "Chloe Decker high school reunion" episode

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Maybe he can only save people destined for hell

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Better examples might be "The Fall' or "Bosch", but even those don't really get into the trial stage

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I am literally guessing 100% blind but...Dexter?

Angel's sister?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

wormil posted:

I wish they wouldn't show Lucifer's devil face, or hire an artist that could make it scary. First time he looked like bacon, this time he looked like an amateur version of Freddy Krueger. Minor complaint though, I really like this show, especially the last two episodes.

He looked like Lorne from Angel. Only red.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
He got a little par broiled in hell

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

VendaGoat posted:

Ella is Azrael? Small, dark haired, punky girl, believes in god, understands the test of faith, accepts Lucifer, obsessed with death.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. :v:

Would seem odd that Lucifer wouldn't recognizer he tho seeing as how he instantly recognized Uriel

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

counterfeitsaint posted:

It would be inconsistent for him to recognize Uriel, the widdlest angel, and not Azreal, unless she's being all sneaky on purpose.

I think they said Lucifer was the youngest and Amenadiel was the oldest angel, so she really shouldn't have been "young" before Lucifer left

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
"But in Latin, Jehovah starts with an I..."

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Robot Hobo posted:

Or God has already been dead for millennia and everyone just assumes he's doing his usual mysterious silence bullshit this entire time, with the Heavenly host just bustling about doing whatever they think he wants. Uriel seemed to fit that pattern, at least.

Lucifer at least thinks that his visions were from dad, so at least there's someone out there pretending to be Him

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

tarlibone posted:

No, you're thinking about the Ford LTD. The "scion" is a real-sounding fake thing created for the movie Dogma.

A scion is just an heir or descendant. It's not really all that made up.

It's also a car manufactured by Toyota

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Haven't seen this show, but what is "Lux"? They're filming this show at my workplace this week, and all the signs say "Lux" on them.

Lucifer's nightclub

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Probably would have been awkward bringing in his shrink

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

hangedman1984 posted:

Tim Omundson should be in literally everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_5UZfwX0ss&t=37s

I would like to know more

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Red Oktober posted:

Also, I've never even had a waste disposal unit (they're not common in the UK) and the second she walked off I turned to my partner and said "She's going to put her hand in the waste disposal unit."

Dan is not a good detective if he didn't immediately think the same.

Maybe he's aware of the way garbage disposals work and putting your hand in one wouldn't actually accomplish much

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

VendaGoat posted:

Ugh. Please, can we just stick to the topic of her acting prowess? :v:

If she didn't want people talking about her vegan tofurkey chops she shouldn't have brought them up on twitter :colbert:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Snak posted:

they literally cut it out of the show in favor of repeatedly finding excuses for Castle and Becket to hate eachother. And other bullshit.

Fillion and Katic hated each other, so that didn't help

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

DoggPickle posted:

Solidly mediocre? Methinks you don't include the 90% of TV that is unwatchable?

He'll probably tell us all about how he doesn't even own a TV next

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Yeah, isn't one of his things that he never tells a lie? I kind of want to do a full rewatch and see if it's all word games, lies of omission, and letting people draw the wrong conclusion.

He referred to her as his bride, so likely they actually did get married for the ruse

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

muscles like this! posted:

Anyone else notice the really big Supergirl billboard in the opening crime scene? That was weird.

Yeah, I saw that right away. Seemed weird to have an ad for another network's show unless someone just messed up and didn't edit out a real billboard

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dongattack posted:

edit2: huh, it is, i had no idea. well, i hope Barry Allen never makes it here

It's on FOX, you'd have been more likely to get a sleepy hollow crossover

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

grack posted:

I'm actually surprised that Maze didn't get written off for a while considering that Lesley Ann-Brandt is pregnant. I'm wondering what the "throw stuff at your TV" comment was for, or was it Lucifer finally being willing to show Chloe his true face and then getting bonked in the head and dumped in the desert?. I mean, he has his wings, he can just fly back to LA in a manner of seconds.

Depends if that's supposed to be the Mojave or something like Purgatory.

It also wouldn't shock me if him waking up in the desert ends up being a "6 months later" type thing and there's going to be flashbacks at the start of next season

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Basically, Dan's a necrophiliac raped her and the show is just going to ignore that tidbit.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Everyone should just pay attention to his red text.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ShakeZula posted:

He probably thought it would pigeonhole him and make it harder for him to get high-profile work after the show. Good thing he dodged that bullet!

He didn't want to get typecast as superman, but all he managed to accomplish was typecast himself as an rear end in a top hat nobody wants to work with. I have vague recollections of him being a prima donna on Cheaper by the Dozen too, but I can't be bothered to go look up the veracity of that memory

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

counterfeitsaint posted:

Wait, does this air tonight? Have people already seen it?

I think it airs on Sunday in Canada or something

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

grack posted:

Can we just call Blackadder stunningly retarded and move on?

As long as we're referring to the poster and not the series

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jade Mage posted:

Just watch an episode and form a proper opinion before saying stupid things on the internet please.

That's not how TVIV works, just look at the early parts of the Orville thread where it was just star trek people talking about how terrible it was without ever watching an episode or planning on ever watching an episode.

"Crime fighting devil you say? How do you guys like your serial killing rapist tv show, eh?"

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pesmerga posted:

I'd say he's actually more like a celestial civil servant - given a job he absolutely hates and doesn't see the point of

So more of a celestial Al Bundy

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

There Bias Two posted:

I'm digging the sinnerman. I didn't really dig the fact that Lucifer was stopped by some thick steel. It just seemed like they nerfed his strength for that bit.

I didn't really like that the mysterious never seen all powerful sinnerman is just waltzing into restaurants to murder everyone himself. He'd have been a far more effective from the shadows villain

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Medullah posted:

So, does this mean that Sinnerman is Abel? Or just a random guy Cain knows. I know we've diverted pretty far from the comics at this point but Cain and Abel were pretty big characters in the Dreaming, and though the "Cain kills Abel when he's bored" running gag could continue over here, I doubt it.

Also, I would probably like them going the Cain route of Supernatural hadn't done it semi recently with Detective Lassiter as Cain.

Cain is sinnerman. "Sinnerman killed my brother" is sort of a self own

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nuebot posted:

The whole series has actually just been Cain reliving his torture in hell like that one episode.

Lucifer's mom never actually got him out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

There Bias Two posted:

Although, he might just keep waking up over and over again only to die seconds later.

That would suck.

Probably the case given his comments about how much spending 6 months in lava sucked

• Locked thread