Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
according to the production codes listed on wikipedia the episode we just saw is episode 10 so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get much ongoing reaction to last episodes events for a while. Every other episode is being screened in order, which is pretty good by Fox standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

This is probably a very stupid question, but why would a network do this?

See the above, but Fox in particular has a long history of not giving a poo poo when it comes to this sort of thing, airing shows in near random order - even stuff with a certain degree of serialisation, developing character relationships, etc and then cancelling them - see for example the finder, and almost human.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

So did Lucifer get hurt by the fire because he was carrying Chloe?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'm ok with Hercule Poirot solving murders then moving on and if it's good enough for a Belgian it's good enough for the Devil.

To be fair Detectives in England usually get 90 mins to 2 hours to solve their murders. And they only have to solve 3-4 of them a year.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

"Did you know anything about this whole room with staircase and actual windows facing outside on your property?"

"Nope!" :haw:

I got the impression that it wasn't his property - it was his daughter's place and he was just there packing up her things. It confused me for a moment too but he wouldn't have said 'I should have called her more often' if she lived with him.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

You know it just occured to me that this is on the same network as Sleepy Hollow. They should totally do a crossover, it would make far more sense than the Bones one.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Pan Dulce posted:

It would have... had they not cancelled the show.

And as for God and Lilith, couldn't it be a titan? Like Gaia, but with God having taken on many names over the years?

I can't find any evidence that sleepy hollow has been cancelled. It's still likely, but it hasn't happened yet as far as I can tell.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I hope nobody has forgotten that season 2 starts in 2 days.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

MiddleOne posted:

2 days??? I thought this wouldn't be back until winter.

Nope. September 19.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

It's a crime that every episode of this show doesn't have Lucifer singing something at his piano.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Some procedural are much better than others. American ones tend to be super formulaic, although Forever, despite being a kinda fantasy show like this one, managed to have unusually good and clever cases. In this show the cases are worse than normal, because they run alongside the supernatural stuff.

British procedural tend to be much better, in part because they have a tradition of detective shows that air 3-4 feature length episodes per year, with relatively high production values. Watch an episode of Inspector morse, or the spinoff Lewis someday - it's completely different to an American procedural. Other British shows have normal length episodes, but span one case across multiple episodes.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

This show is just so consistently great, the cast is amazing. Could anyone have imagined it when they first announced it?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

You've got it backwards. Dan is going to be horrified and lucifer will be teasing him.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Lucifer would recognise his own sister. And also hopefully not be quite as interested in loving her.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

His mother needed a body because she didn't have one. Angels already have bodies.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

According to Wikipedia episode 13 is on January 30, and episode 14 is on May 1. I guess they've been slack in filming the back half of the season?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Never forget that Fox is a network of evil Arseholes, and that's why the devil chose them for his show.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

SiKboy posted:

Wrong Deadwood alum; Timothy Odmundson, Lassiter from psych/Cain from supernatural/The king from galavant, not Olyphant (Raylan from Justified).

Even better!

I hope he gets to sing a duet with lucifer.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

VendaGoat posted:

Ok, I'm good again.

Ah Dad Damnit, next week is the finale.

No it isn't, the show is just taking a break till the beginning of May.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Don't tell me you all forgot.

That was a great episode, go watch it.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

It's still hilarious that the mystical flaming sword is a modest dagger.

Edit: OMG have you all seen the promo for next episode? I'm thrilled to have Timothy Omundson on my TV again. If we don't get a duet with him and lucifer I'm going to be very upset.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 9, 2017

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Good episode, but I'm disappointed it wasn't actually god. I would have loved omundson as an occasional guest star

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

And lucifer can have two duchey dad's to be mad at.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Lucifer has outstanding taste in Icecream

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

If you've seen the show Life with Damian Lewis, it's a lot like that, except they do a slightly better job of occasionally tying the procedural aspect of the show to the main plot.

I loved that show so much. I was devastated when they cancelled it.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

They should do a scene where someone buys him a new suit, and he throws a temper tantrum and refuses to wear it.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Counterpoint: you get to watch lucifer tear Welling to shreds with his razor sharp wit.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

drat that episode was good.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

-Blackadder- posted:

Perhaps I should have used BTK instead. I guess I was just saying that the Devil is technically a vicious torturing rapist and any attempt to whitewash his actions to make his character more sympathetic and palatable is objectively laughable. There's a standard narative for this; that he's somehow misunderstood, reluctant, heavy-hearted, and not really responsible for his actions or the actions of those under his command.

Next up, "Lovable rascal and misunderstood Nazi War Crimminal solves crimes with cop side-kick, Fridays on USA."

The devil is a fictional character. This may be true of other interpretations of the character but it certainly isn't true of the character in this show. It's been made pretty clear that he has a pretty strong moral core and sense of justice, and that he is motivated by a need to punish wrongdoers. The narrative also explicitly made clear his revulsion to anything vaguely in the same ballpark as rape - when he realised that chloe was deliberately created as part of God's plan for him, he immediately severed any chance of them having a sexual relationship, because he could never be certain that she was truly operating on her own free will.

Yes, he's hedonistic, and bisexual, but there's absolutely nothing wrong like that despite what hate groups like the Catholic church have to say about it. Have you even watched the show?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Dongattack posted:

I think it might have, ahem, aired a day late or something? At least the um tv-station... where i watch it didn't air it yesterday, but err it was there this morning!

I liked the episode, it was pretty emotional, but i find myself wishing for more supernatural and more advancement to the "lucifer is the actual devil" plot and less drama/cop stuff.

The show used to air a day earlier than the US in Canada, which was why it appeared in... alternate media sources... before the US air date. As of this week's episode, the Canadian channel that was airing it has moved the show to Monday night, same as the US.

It's really annoying to me as well, because it's already my most overstuffed television day, and now I have 4 shows to watch.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

wormil posted:

This episode is out of order. Not sure when it should have aired, I don't pay that close attention.

No, according to the production codes the episode we saw this week was in order. The next two episodes however are from the ones they had filmed at the end of last season.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I totally thought he was going to turn around and reveal that he had Lucifer's Devil face.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I thought last week was the midseason finale for some reason, so it was a pleasant surprise to discover an episode this week.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I think this episode was well worth doing, but I don't think first episode back from midseason finale, after you left viewers on a big juicy plot twist/cliffhanger is the right time for it.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Why is there no episode this week?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Gonz posted:

Because the National Championship game was last night and airing new episodes of anything on any channel would’ve been pointless.

Never heard of it. Some sport thing I take it?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

"Everybody has a Kryptonite Lieutenant"

I guess they had to go there eventually.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Great episode, but why the hell do we have to wait 3 weeks for the next one? US tv schedules are hosed.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

grack posted:

Get Timothy Omundson back as a permanent cast member, have him channel God every once in a while. Just a little bit.

And if they could find a reason for him to sing every once in a while that would be great. Preferably in a duet with lucifer. Actually there has been a disappointing lack of singing this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

He’s fabulous in Galavant; If you haven’t seen it you absolutely must.

• Locked thread