Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Oh man, the little asian girl who successfully managed to creep out the lord of darkness himself. That was amazing :allears:

Anyone else thinking "They are talking about Maze" when they started discussing the girl with the death stare and creepy vibe?

Not really because ever since she started doing the bounty hunting thing Maze has been ridiculously cheerful, even when she blew up Amenediel's car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I think that Lucifer really, really wants people to like him, and it's the reason he's so upset that basically none of his past partners really cared about him at all even though he remembers every one of them. His bisexuality is a part of that (also the fact that he's a massive horndog).

Also, according to the writers episodes 11-13 are supposed to be a trilogy so I would expect the next two will have a lot to do with figuring out what sort of relationship Lucifer and Chloe will have as well as what mom's actual plan is for Chloe.

Edit: "I wanna build a cat sanctuary" was great.

grack fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 18, 2017

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Or they're desperate and delusional

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Maze has basically been turned in to 95% comic relief and it is awesome.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Yea, the episode plot was poo poo, but the meta plot was pretty good.

The cases are rarely any good but that's really not the point, they exist to give Lucifer a reason to interact with other people. Also it was nice to see CSI chick back.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

Confirmed. Although i'd let Tricia Helfer spank me like a dusty rug.

I can't lie, the little interactions between Amenadiel/Lucifer and Mom are some of the funniest sub-plots this season. Especially Lucifer being such a horndog that he can't resist checking her out, then realizing a second later what he's done and just being totally disgusted with himself.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Snak posted:

Not only was the case of the week garbage, but what the gently caress, Dan? You had one job: protect the person from hurting themselves. Way to not bother taking the most basic step of not letting them out of your sight.

Dan being a not particularly good cop is kind of his thing.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Fantastic episode but I thought the setup for the (very Winter Finale-esque) ending was a little forced. They did tie together a lot of storylines though, and for such an emotionally-charged episode I appreciated that they took time for humor.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

All that and none of you mention Ella being awesome?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I was talking more about her showing up to the precinct in jammies and granny glasses but whatever.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Astrofig posted:

Don't stare, it's rude!

I don't think either of them would mind.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Some serious acting chops on Helfer too.

Among other things....

Also as far as I know there's a fair amount of improv on the show and a lot of the funny little scenes are a result of the actors being surprised or amused by it.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

Ugh. Please, can we just stick to the topic of her acting prowess? :v:

I was just going to say her body language and posture were excellent as well, especially in the scene with Uriel and the post electrocution fall.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

algebra testes posted:

Really dumb question, but that's a wink wink comic book thing right?

Absolutely.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Ah, Lucifer. Perfectly capable of manipulating everyone around him, still too dumb to figure out his own feelings.

grack fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 2, 2017

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Azhais posted:

He referred to her as his bride, so likely they actually did get married for the ruse

If you divorce the Devil do you get half of Hell?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Aww, Chloe and Maze make the cutest couple.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I'm guessing there is going to be a whole lot of crazy next week.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Well, that was... :stare:

Also, Dan you are officially the dumbest human being on the planet.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Also we need to start a petition to get Timothy Omundson on to the show on a regular basis.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Zebulon posted:

Oh my god, this "date" is amazing.

As is Lucifer's unintentional cock-blocking.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

"You're trying to Parent Trap God and the Divine Goddess?"

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Interesting episode. Maybe Amenadiel will finally get his balls powers back.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Just proof that Canada is better than the US. I mean, if the Trump thing didn't make it obvious this really does.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

So is it just me or has Mom, Amenadiel and Lucifer kind of skipped over exactly how they're going to get to heaven in this grand plan?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Well that was certainly... something.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

Crane and Lucifer meeting would actually be pretty funny. But that show finally got cancelled.

Loved the season finale. Very relieved that they didn't kill the doc off, would of been a mistake.

I'm actually surprised that Maze didn't get written off for a while considering that Lesley Ann-Brandt is pregnant. I'm wondering what the "throw stuff at your TV" comment was for, or was it Lucifer finally being willing to show Chloe his true face and then getting bonked in the head and dumped in the desert?. I mean, he has his wings, he can just fly back to LA in a manner of seconds.

It was nice to Amenadiel get his powers back, and the doc trying to patch up Mom with duct tape was great.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Medullah posted:

Also, the end was kind of a nice nod to the comics which ended with Lucifer abandoning reality to create his own universe.

This was a major plot point to the comics but it certainly wasn't the ending. In the comics Lucifer finds a successor to God, has a heart-to-heart with dear old Dad (which goes about as well as you'd expect), and then leaves behind all of Creation to fly in to the infinity of nothingness for all time.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Yeah, right up until they started continuing the series again last year, brought Lucifer back for shenanigans in a sub-par continuation of that comic.

I just pretend it doesn't exist. I think that's the most reasonable course of action.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Titan posted:

Wait how does this happen? At the end of the original comic series Lucifer gives all of his power to Maze

I have no idea. I haven't read any of the new series and don't intend to for the very simple reason that it fucks up what is a fantastic finish to the original run.

FRINGE posted:

They could compress Chloe into Ellaine (weird, but still...), and bring in Michael I guess... but thats probably was too complicated and a long arc for a show that tries to avoid long complicated arcs.

I doubt they'll go this route, not because the show is averse to long story arcs (this season proved that), but for the very simple reason that the show and original comic run have very little in common besides names and the odd shout-out to specific events.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

sbaldrick posted:

His an archangel just without his wings he doesn't have his powers really

Not really true? In this show, at least, the angels seem to all be strong/fast/tough and have one unique power. Lucifer can find someone's deepest desires, Amenadiel can slow time, Uriel can act like a whiny poo poo and dress horribly see and manipulate patterns, etc.

Lucifer didn't lose that power when he cut off his wings, but Amenadiel lost both his power and his wings when he lost faith in himself.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

ShakeZula posted:

Well Amenadiel also used to be able to teleport and stuff, right? Lucifer prayed to him that one time so he'd appear and stop the bullet and he showed up out of nowhere. That seems like the primary ability granted by wings.

I'm guessing he just, you know, flew?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

They've also announced Tom Welling joining the cast as Decker's new boss/love interest.

gently caress that noise

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Counter-counterpoint: I'll need to rewrite all of my fanfiction

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I'm surprised Dan is still alive given that, you know, he banged Lucifer's mom a couple of times.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Snak posted:

Dan didn't rape anyone. Goddes pulled a Zeus and took over thebody of a mortal dor her own devices. Also, I'm still fuzzy on why she's alive, since the whole reason she was eligible was cvia "heaven can wait" rules, aka "she had just died and no one knew". So the fact that Charlotte is magically alive, despite the fact that Goddess explicitly possessed her corpse, is baffling to me. I

It's very explicitly mentioned that when someone returns from Hell and takes over a body that body is healed of whatever killed them in the first place. It doesn't explain how Charlotte is back when Mom left, but it's a start.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Tom Welling is a loving lump of dirt compared to the rest of the cast.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

drainpipe posted:

It was good but they really need to go somewhere with the will they/won't they of Lucifer's reveal to Chloe.

They need to figure out the whole drat thing, not just that part.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I'm pretty sure that the point is that Lucifer doesn't want to tell Chloe in fear that it would scare her away. He could've shown her his wings after they grew back the second time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I'm amazed we had to wait until the second episode for a premature ejaculation joke about the wings. Incredible restraint by the writers.

• Locked thread