Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Titan posted:

I must have missed that part. I thought the obliteration comments was just Luci being Luci and using hyperbole.
He doesn't tend to use hyperbole, unless he's speaking in vague terms.

As far as I can tell, he hasn't ever told a direct lie for the entire run of the series. He may dip into sarcasm, or misleading wording, but everything he says is true, if not always the entire truth. At this point I'm not sure if it's only a point of pride for him (as he says), or if he's actually flat-out incapable of telling a lie. His Brothers and Mom lie almost constantly, so it's not a general angelic/divine trait. I know in the comic it's all about his pride, but aside from borrowed names and a few scraps of premise, this show doesn't follow the comic much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

wormil posted:

As for killing God, going after the king is always risky, especially when the king is omnipotent or nearly so.
Or God has already been dead for millennia and everyone just assumes he's doing his usual mysterious silence bullshit this entire time, with the Heavenly host just bustling about doing whatever they think he wants. Uriel seemed to fit that pattern, at least.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

counterfeitsaint posted:

I wonder if the blade destroys human souls too? No one seems to think it's even worth mentioning that all those human souls were murder stabbed out of existence.
Lucifer doesn't really have anyone to talk about it with. The idea of souls being a real factor isn't something his cop friends will believe, and it's not something Mom or his Brothers seem to give a poo poo about now. Maze would just consider it a waste that she won't get to torture them when they get back home, which is a dead-end conversation. His Therapist would probably just have another blue-screen-of-death moment when her recent confirmation that people actually do have immortal souls is updated by the news that a bunch of those somehow just got murdered.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Titan posted:

Amenadiel probably just made the impossible possible. A couple couldn't conceive and he just made it happen anyway. Nothing funky.
So is it going to turn out that God also arranged for Chloe's Dad to be murdered, on order to set her on her path to be a Detective and meet up with Luci?

... Oh poo poo. God was trying to create Batman.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Snak posted:

what the gently caress, Dan? You had one job: protect the person from hurting themselves.
The kindest thing to do would have been for Dan to tie her to her chair until the timer ran out, thereby lifting the ethical decision entirely off of her shoulders. She'd be safe from self-harm, and any guilt should at least be lessened by the choice being taken from her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com
My guess is that Kain and Lucifer will fight over Chloe, it'll get nasty, but neither one can actually solve the problem with violence and they both know it.

Kain will come to Chloe with severe (secretly self-inflicted) injuries, saying "Look what Lucifer did to me, because he says you belong to him. He's crazy!."

Chloe won't believe Cain at first.

Cain will then provide video of one of Lucifer's earlier attempts to kill him.

And suddenly it's Chloe vs. Lucifer.

• Locked thread