Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Titan posted:

The times where he is the most intimidating IMO are when he just lets his eyes turn. Combined with the barely restrained anger the subtle eye shift just comes across as more terrifying. The quick flash of his warped face adds a little flair but I'm glad they don't ever show him in that form for longer than a split second.

I think the best parts are when he's legitimately scared or surprised. When Chloe touches the scars on his back, when the therapist hits a nerve, etc. it feels like we get a glimpse of the real guy buried in there beneath the theatrics.

Not a terrible show so far, but really not super. It's the little things that are keeping me watching like the moments I mentioned above or the ex not being a cardboard cutout. Really hope they stay away from a will they won't they thing and also stray from the procedural format as well as Limitless has managed to. (seriously, whoever gave up on it after the first few, give it another shot).

Normally I've got a bit of a problem with police abuse/overreach in procedurals, but this is the literal devil, so can I really complain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I'm sure therapists never vent about their patients to each other.

They're fudging it a bit because it's a TV procedural by having the angel come in directly loving after Lucifer leaves and not having the therapist make at least a token effort to conceal his identity. But yeah therapists are people who talk shop sometimes.

Someone on another forum was saying how great it is that Lucifer is totally up front with everyone and the angel is the one who is being deceitful and manipulative. Totally didn't really think about it until I read it, but it's super obvious and I'm a bit embarrassed I didn't see it earlier. I've been turning my brain off for this show though.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Yeah, I take that to be the therapist equivalent of how cops are shown in all these shows, "Well you can come downtown to talk to us or I can let Bruno cave your face in with a tire iron."

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Snak posted:

It specifically established that angels can't necessarily distinguish divinity by any sort of ESP. It sets up the possibility that Luci could have burnt the fake wings (although I don't think that he did) as well as reminds us that Chloe could have some divine aspect to her that Lucifer and Amenadiel can't perceive despite being angels themselves.
He does literally say that only the owner would know the difference, so that seems like a really deliberate choice.

Also, finding dirty cops is easy. You just look for the longest IMDB resume of non-leading roles.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

WarLocke posted:

So am I alone in thinking that that one quick scene with Maz pulling out a Luci-feather from her little jewel box might imply that she had something to do with the wings being stolen in the first place?

I don't think that's what the scene implies, but I do think she was involved in the tip off.

Also, how the gently caress are satan's wings so flammable?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Zebulon posted:

This may not be the best show ever, but it has fun character interactions at least.
"Hey detective! You need your roots done!"

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

The Dan reveal this early makes me think he's not actually "dirty", but has some super convoluted excuse for why his actions in shooting the other cop was justified. If he were actually the bad guy here, it feels like they would have let us wonder for a few episodes.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

The woman was in the middle of the bed and Lucifer made the Eiffel Tower reference earlier that episode, I think, giving everyone some plausible deniability. Of course Lucifer would go for both though, imo.

They could have done a lot worse with Security guy since the brush off Lucifer gave him was something like, "My dance card is full right now." But yeah, tricky situation, I agree, since if you make him too interested then people might infer you're saying homosexuality is sinful. Though right now he seems to be ignoring it, which is probably worse.

odiv fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 16, 2016

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Tell me, Tiggum, what do you desire?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Maze continuing to work Lux is confusing after she and Lucifer are done, but I guess it's expected given how TV show casting works. Either that or they've been "done" many many times over the course of their relationship.

Is this show saying Catholics have it right?

Zebulon posted:

Priest playing Knockin' on Heaven's Door is great.
Not a bit much?

edit: Oh, and I keep hoping rear end in a top hat cop will just tell Amenadiel to gently caress off. Is he even allowed to kill a guy?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

The music choices in this have all the subtlety of a punch to the face.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

We've seen super strength at least twice. The sports agent and the priest killer.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

His wings also aren't totally gone because he burned the replicas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Who the hell is looking after Trixie?

I mean seriously.

• Locked thread