Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I laughed for a solid ten minutes at the dinner scene and the absurdity of it all.

Loving this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Except he still has super strength, assumes a demonic form occasionally and has a lighter.

And a coin. Don't forget the coin!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Don't forget, his wings are not totally gone. Maze still has a feather. that may be all that it takes.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'm outraged! OUTRAGED I SAY! That a show is good enough to make us all want to keep watching it. :colbert:

So outraged.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

What happened to Lou this week?

On break.

Next three weeks. april 25th is the finale.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

zoux posted:

Here's a weird idea and please, here me out: what if you just showed an episode every week instead of not for no reason.

OH MY GOD, Like, You know! I just can't even, because, like, YAH KNOW! It's just like, so, YAH KNOW! My Life is like, so, Inconvenienced, because, LIKE, YAH KNOW! Like, OH MY GOD! Yah, Know!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Gyges posted:

You know, in all this talk of lying devil's, the nature of divine forgiveness, and the poor forethought of detective coma we've missed the biggest hole in his deal.

How the gently caress is he going to take a physical coin to Hell? Luci brought it up with his physical angel hands. How's detective gluttony planning on bringing down?

And now you understand how the Devil outsmarted a really dumb and desperate human.

bio347 posted:

Lucifer doesn't lie as an honour thing, it's not a literal restriction. The comics have a great line about it:

"When the Devil wants you to do something, he doesn't lie at all. He tells you the exact, literal truth. And he lets you find your own way to Hell."

He even had a line, in one of the earlier episodes, about how the humans in hell brought themselves there and chose their own punishments.

:devil:

Can't find the exact quote, but it was along these lines...

“Why do they blame me for all their little failings? They use my name as if I spent my entire days sitting on their shoulders, forcing them to commits acts they would otherwise find repulsive. 'The devil made me do it.' I have never made one of them do anything. Never. They live their own tiny lives. I do not live their lives for them.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman, Vol. 4: Season of Mists

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Gonz posted:

"You're supposed to be blonde."

"Yeah, I get that a lot."

I laughed myself sick to this. Greatest joke of the series yet.

Titan posted:

I agree too. Lucifer is all about dealing out justice. Death doesn't fit his idea of what justice should be. Like in the pilot with that producer, he could have killed him after he shot Chloe but instead decided to punish him by showing his true form and whatever else he did to make the guy go insane.

Exactly. He's the angel of retribution, of bringing light to the darkest recesses of human misbehavior. Of a guiding path in an oblique perspective. And while he may hate his job, he's the best there is at it, and he knows it.

zoux posted:

The goat thing just being a huge troll on Lucifer that irritates the poo poo out of him is a great gag.

:devil:

I wait with bated breath for the finale.

Between this and Married with Children, I can not choose for a "Best of network" Fox Show.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Blind Melon posted:

Does Jesus even exist in the shows mythology?

Dad is highly amused by his Son's antics.

To the first sentence.

Does it really matter?

To the second. Oh you better loving believe it.

Eddain posted:

It was Jesus. Jesus escaped Hell.

There is.....

There is another way, but, yes.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

odiv posted:

Who the hell is looking after Trixie?

I mean seriously.

Considering the young lass is blackmailing her father and extorting the, literal, devil?

I think she's more than capable of taking care of herself.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
What if being the "Devil" has to be consensual? :aaaaa:

Like, without the angel's, or whomsoever's, consent you can not reign in Hell?

Maybe being the "Dark lord" of the underworld is a choice and not a punishment?

Maybe that's the message here?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Thoroughly enjoy the whole thing....my reaction to the final part.

Mum. :stare: BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAH! :laffo:

Can't wait for next season.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Well THAT's new. Never heard of a "Mom" before. Geez, what did SHE do?!

:laffo: got scorned

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Idiotic fan theory: Maze has been redeemed, for saving Amenediel, with Lucifer's feather.

Thoughts?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Enh... I dunno. If "Mum" ends up being Lilith, and Maze is a demon, she might just be the person that broke her out of hell.

Ooooooo.. I like that.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I love the writing on the show, because it leads to stuff like this in the background :allears:

As much as I despise Fox for its news syndicate, I have the exact opposite reaction to its entertainment division, because of poo poo like this.

VendaGoat fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 28, 2016

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

counterfeitsaint posted:

Yeah, it got renewed thankfully.

Yah, but they are changing the actor playing Lucifer. :(

BOO!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Loving everything so far, except for the bullshit two week wait for the next episode. :twisted:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I just finished this week's episode.

Mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Win me back Fox. Win me back.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Eddain posted:

Probably more due to his actions and conduct than anything.

You're much to smart to be posting on this site.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Aleph Null posted:

The only character who doesn't evolve is Lucifer and that's part of his charm. Even Maze is growing as a person / demon.

Also, Mom seems to have "subtle" down whereas her son, Lucifer is all about being blatant. I still do not trust her or anything she says.

Oh....Oh he is evolving, it's just in a very subtle way. He's already light years ahead of everyone else, so any change, on his part, goes as coincidence. He isn't the detective or the douche. Trixie or Amenadiel. His Mother or Maze.

He's left hell, but he understands what it is he does best and does willingly. He's evolved from fire and brimstone, to justice and irony. It shows.

As for "mum". I agree. I trust her as far as I could throw her narrow rear end. Nor should you.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I want to watch it again, but yah, I thought this weeks episode was meh.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

spooky like this! posted:

The crime of the week stuff is definitely the show's weakest part and it doesn't exactly inspire confidence when you have your main character consistently get bored with it and just wander off.

This.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Uriel......

You know brother, you were the reason Adam and Eve understood the nature of reality. As such, brother, you're the reason Father is so angry.

Ok, I really enjoyed ladies night out and this episode in its entirety.

I'm good again Fox. I'm good. God damned Christopher Moltisanti.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Absolutely just watched this week's episode for the fourth time.

I have a question, much like Amenadiel. Mine though, well...

What does god/Father want that he himself can not provide?

Otherwise, why keep Lucy and Chloe around?

:twisted:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

What's it like for people in coma when they come back? Do they say how they experienced it? Was it like a dream for them or super quick? Or just nothingness?

Ever been knocked unconscious?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Holyshoot posted:

No but I had a short seizure(10-20 seconds i think) when the nurse hosed up putting the needle on the top of my hand before a surgery. I started to get a sharp pain in my stomach put my head back and I instantly felt like I was sleeping almost and woke up super sweaty and a nurse saying my name.

Being knocked out is nothingness. You do not remember anything.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Dad Damnit!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

FRINGE posted:

The sword was bad. The character was cast badly. The part was written badly.

Yah, it was a whiff.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Eddain posted:

Do you think Amenadiel and Maze see Lucifer's true face all the time or just whatever form he currently uses? And the mom too. Cause I don't know how anyone could look at that face all the time.

Turn off your monitor.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

tarlibone posted:

Maybe for his divine species, he is beautiful, you racist.

I just want you to know I appreciate this.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I am skipping ahead from the place of this thread simply to communicate something.

"Drink mostly, you ponce."

:lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo::lol::laffo:

Now Go gently caress yourself. :v::)

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Having read this thread I lost it at "It looks like a movie prop."

:lol:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

Really need a gif of that demonstration.

:agreed:

Also, Hello Mum. It's been awhile.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Snak posted:

Azrael's blade prop got a makeover already. That horribly ugly oversized guard got downsized and now it looks much better.

Yup, they even said "It looks like a movie prop."

Be proud thread.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Rappaport posted:

This episode was hilarious :haw: Awesome word-play.

That said, what the Devil is Mum plotting? :ohdear:

Another war on Heaven.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Snak posted:

I know that, but we don't know what plot points are going to get co-opted, and maybe I'll want to read the comic some day. I don't think it's too much to ask.

A BRIDGE TOO FAR! :supaburn:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

evilbastard posted:

Of course, there is already one small dark-hair girl on the show that came out of nowhere, maybe there's a shocking twist coming up...

Ella is Azrael? Small, dark haired, punky girl, believes in god, understands the test of faith, accepts Lucifer, obsessed with death.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. :v:

Edit: Has Five Brothers.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Azhais posted:

Would seem odd that Lucifer wouldn't recognizer he tho seeing as how he instantly recognized Uriel

Good point. What has been said about Azrael so far?

She could just be, "under cover".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
The baby angel of death....

• Locked thread