Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I can't imagine how PVP would work with how much stuff is client side. Get someone with enough lag and you would break pretty much everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

dragon enthusiast posted:

How dumb am I for thinking a MOBA-inspired PVP mode would be dope using the PSO2 engine

i call playing as apprentice

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Elliotw2 posted:

i call playing as apprentice

Which one?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Elliotw2 posted:

I don't know if it's default, but you probably want to click on ORB in tweaker, hit plugins, and check Item Translation.

Thanks now I feel like I can actually play the game.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

3/12, with about 4 minutes left

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Grats.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Gunner is flashy and it is fun. Also two machine guns are cool. I have a tiny little robot orb following me around now and I'm afraid to feed it anything.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Just give all the basic archetypes a try so you know what attack stat you want to focus on before you start feeding your mag weapons.

Also use 4, 5, or 6-star furniture items, depending on which stat you choose to keep your mags dex under control.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Nowadays people normally recommend mates over furniture to keep Dex down since they do basically the same thing and are significantly cheaper to buy in bulk.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
The reason people recommend furniture is because you can just find it on the field instead of buying anything at all; for the longest time this only really applied to R-atk mags, as most of the initial areas only dropped 5* decorations. 6* decos for T-atk mags started to pop up eventually, but it took until Floating Facility for a place that dropped 4* decos for S-atk mags. S-atk mags were a pain since it took a lot of monomates to kill dex vs. T-atk mags just needing trimates or shiftarides

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I've... never heard of anyone doing that. To be honest it sounds like a massive pain in the rear end if you're feeding your mag with any regularity. Now that mates reduce dex by about the same amount as furniture its really probably best to go with that.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
On the T-Atk side, I noticed last night that candies (at least stick candies, didn't check the rest) add pure T-Atk to mags, so that's an exciting new alternative use for all those worthless Blow Resist candycanes.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
furniture dropped regularly enough that you could easily kill the dex on a r-atk mag with them, and making money before TACOs existed was mostly just NPC'ing everything that dropped if I remember

it was nice that Facility drops 4* decos, but that would had been nice like three years before that

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Oh yeah, gear used to vendor for 10x what they vendor for now but Sega quickly realized shortly after release how big of a problem it was with the rampant amount of farmbots cheating outside the map and vacuuming all the mobs to them.

You used to be able to make a couple hundred thousand just vendoring junk in a Skyscape farm MPA for an hour.

EDIT: Come to think of it, it was a huge problem for new players. Healing items costed about 5x as much back then, too, until Sega slashed the price on those in response.

MR. J fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 30, 2016

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

MR. J posted:

Just give all the basic archetypes a try so you know what attack stat you want to focus on before you start feeding your mag weapons.

Also use 4, 5, or 6-star furniture items, depending on which stat you choose to keep your mags dex under control.

Is there somewhere I can go to read about what to feed my mag and why?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Rasmussen posted:

Is there somewhere I can go to read about what to feed my mag and why?

You generally just want to feed your mag 9* weapons of the attack type of your choice to boost its attack stat, and once the dex stat is close to leveling up use furniture/mates to reduce it. You ideally want your mag to have 200 levels of one single attack since splitting it up is only gimping yourself in the long run, and dex/defense is pretty useless. Especially now that you get 3 free characters so if you wanted you could have 1 mag of each attack type without paying anything.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I'm not sure why they even bother keeping up with appearances anymore. There's pretty much no reason to feed a mag into an alternate build.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Saagonsa posted:

You generally just want to feed your mag 9* weapons of the attack type of your choice to boost its attack stat, and once the dex stat is close to leveling up use furniture/mates to reduce it. You ideally want your mag to have 200 levels of one single attack since splitting it up is only gimping yourself in the long run, and dex/defense is pretty useless. Especially now that you get 3 free characters so if you wanted you could have 1 mag of each attack type without paying anything.

Is the low battery warning on my little guy because I haven't fed him? How do I get the 9* weapons? Upgrading or just drops?

I'm only like level 20 and I've been pretty much soloing everything as a gunner. Occasionally people appear in my dungeons or whatever. I guess they joined them through some kind of group finder?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The low battery just means he's empty on his feed meter (and his skills will proc waaaay less often but eh).

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Thanks for the help guys. I've never been so clueless in a game before but despite all that it's still fun as gently caress.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Rasmussen posted:

Is the low battery warning on my little guy because I haven't fed him? How do I get the 9* weapons? Upgrading or just drops?

I'm only like level 20 and I've been pretty much soloing everything as a gunner. Occasionally people appear in my dungeons or whatever. I guess they joined them through some kind of group finder?

You can buy 9* weapons for cheap in the player shops, or they can drop yeah.

If you're in a multi party area that isn't locked anyone who uses the quick start option is able to join your map.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Yeah, a lot of maps in this game support up to 12 players (three parties of 4 is the general idea) so you'll sometimes find randoms wandering around with you.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Just did a rare train trigger run where 26 triggers were used. In total 39 13*s dropped, so it is definitely worth it to do if you are able

E: though, of course, this is the only 13* i got

Saagonsa fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jan 31, 2016

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Better use it.

I accidentally joined someone's triggered run and they didn't spawn the bloody thing until half of the quest over. Got a Seiga launcher out of it.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
you definitely want to make sure your pet has the personality you want before upgrading it past 7*; otherwise it is a horrible pain to change it

each pet has 2 main personalities, and improved versions of them that also have an item drop boost attached to them (I think like Lucky Rise and/or Umbella Stick)

For Wanda:
晴れ好き/Enjoys Sun: boosted attack during sunny weather
超晴れ好き : same Enjoys Sun but with the item drop boost
こんじょう: Iron Will
超こんじょう: Iron Will, Never Give Up, and item drop boost

Torim's Personalities:
おりこうさん: Chase Advance Plus
超おりこうさん: Chase Advance Plus and item boost
がんばりや: Boosted PA damage but higher PP costs
超がんばりや: Same as above but with the item boost

Cery/Sally/whatever:
やさしい: idk something about healing benched pets it sucks
超やさしい: bad but with item drop boost
てきぱき: boosted Attack PP Restore
超てきぱき: Attack PP Restore and item boost

I don't think I needed to point out the differences between the better ones, but the one on Wanda does gain a Never Give Up effect on the item boost version.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
To be certain, that's "item" drop boost like Lucky Rise, yes?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Saagonsa posted:

Just did a rare train trigger run

:geno:

well, i finished grinding out my first 200 stones. working on the next 200 stones.

fun

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Hivac posted:

:geno:

well, i finished grinding out my first 200 stones. working on the next 200 stones.

fun

how about trying to set up one tomorrow? I goot 2 other people loking to join one and could try looking around for a few others?

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

kirbysuperstar posted:

To be certain, that's "item" drop boost like Lucky Rise, yes?
It sounds like it is saying "item drop rate" and not "rare drop rate", so I would assume so.

Given that the pets seem to be moreso the weapons of summoner, and that I don't think you can even affix a tact, this being the Lucky Rise equivalent would make sense

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Tengames posted:

how about trying to set up one tomorrow? I goot 2 other people loking to join one and could try looking around for a few others?

That would make 4 people

we'd still need 8 more

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'll see what I can do tomorrow; I'll have :shittydog: at level 70 soon, then I'll figure the least painful way to drum up a trigger if I don't already have the coins for one

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

jesus next are you trying to be world first 75

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
If you think there weren't 75 batonmasters within hours of the servers coming up.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

voltcatfish posted:

jesus next are you trying to be world first 75

Schubalts posted:

If you think there weren't 75 batonmasters within minutes* of the servers coming up.

i was doing tokyo with 75 summoners on day 1

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

NextTime000 posted:

It sounds like it is saying "item drop rate" and not "rare drop rate", so I would assume so.

Given that the pets seem to be moreso the weapons of summoner, and that I don't think you can even affix a tact, this being the Lucky Rise equivalent would make sense

Yes, you can't affix a tact. Actually tried to add exp boost iii to one and nope, never even showed up.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
People literally farmed millions of Challenge Miles to buy enough 15000 EXP tickets to instantly reach 75 without even stepping foot in a campship

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

With ES rewards and daily stamps most probably didn't even need to do cm to get enough xp tickets if you started saving early enough. Though that meant they all had to go into XH with level 1 pets which I'm sure were super useful.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

NextTime000 posted:

People literally farmed millions of Challenge Miles to buy enough 15000 EXP tickets to instantly reach 75 without even stepping foot in a campship

I'm honestly not surprised by that.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
nah I had been getting my tickets regularly enough that I could tell you that from all of the login sources alone that would have only gotten you to MAYBE 55 if you got them all since they started handing them out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

NextTime000 posted:

nah I had been getting my tickets regularly enough that I could tell you that from all of the login sources alone that would have only gotten you to MAYBE 55 if you got them all since they started handing them out

Oh, I had heard someone Mathed it out and when you combined all the xp tickets you got for free with those "kill 99 X" dos you would hit XH without doing anything.

• Locked thread