Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Hivac posted:

Saturday usually seems to be when people are available but I'm pretty much able to do it whenever if it's in the evening. I'm not really organizing anything yet, just checking to see if there's enough interest to warrant trying to organize something. We usually did Gunne trigger groups on the weekend, but dropping this on Thursday seems a bit early but what do I know. If anyone else is interested let me know when you would be available.

Friend was looking for such a group yesterday, so i could join and bring them too for more people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Len posted:

Is this played better with a keyboard+mouse or a gamepad? And is soloing viable?

Gamepad is best unless you use third person aiming for gunslash or ranged weapons, then mouse helps for that.

You can solo almost every non emergency quest with npc partners just fine if youre decently equipped, just know if you die in a boss fight solo with no scapedolls at the end of a quest, youll fail it (you can die as much as you want before the boss fight though)

Emergency quests however are designed for 12 people so youll have to join pubs, but you can join as a one person party .

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

InfinityComplex posted:

I should make an effort post of why I hatefeel indifferent to Summoner with reasons why, but :effort:.

Go play Summoner everybody, it's a very loving lovely and terriblegreat class!

Every new class seems to start out terrible in this game and then get buffed later on , if braver/jet boots bouncer/original techer, fighter, and gunner is an any sign of a trend.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Hivac posted:

:geno:

well, i finished grinding out my first 200 stones. working on the next 200 stones.

fun

how about trying to set up one tomorrow? I goot 2 other people loking to join one and could try looking around for a few others?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I didnt even end up using half my tickets on my new Character as the exp from unlocking areas and every client order related to them was making me reach the lower level cap before i unlocked the places to even raise it.

I doubt anyone went to level 75 on tickets alone as youd need over 100 just for a single level past 60

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Nice axe.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

TO BE FAIR I don't think I've had the side cover on my PC on in like four years and also it was a very big (read: Australian) roach.

are you sure you weren't just in a mining defence mission?

I mean, its also a horrible roach monster in a giant desert, could be easy to get mixed up.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

always remember to stack exp boosts before doing your bonus missions (and try to do several at once so you dont have to use new boosts each time)

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

level 65+, with:
100% exp boost ticket , 100% triboost, 50% triboost donut from bingo/xie's shop, an emporor axeon with another history+ expboost III (so 20% exp boost.),5% from the team tree boost, and then a premium exp drink boost from shifta drink Z (about 10%ish i think) and the 30% triboost from doing daily orders.

so around 315% boost to exp., and with 2 silver keys and 2 gold, that was 8 sparkdogs and resultingly 8 million+exp and i jumped from level 65 to 70 and then proceeded to hit 71 on the mining base despair run right after.(would have been 72, but pubbies were only able to complete one run)

I had started the day at level 59, the limited quest is pretty great exp.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

voltcatfish posted:

All of my mags are like 145-150 mainstat, 50-55 DEX

How could I.

maybe deep down, you just secretly like equipping gunslashes.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I play the game in a small window so i got a score of 25k , then tried tier six and somehow got a higher score of 29k. I was confused until i remembered i didn't use the default character in the first test, which makes me wonder how much memory the physics on those accesories use if they are more intensive then a whole graphics tier.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

MR. J posted:

Funny how they don't try doing the things that tax your GPU the hardest, when photon blasts are being chained all over the place, or how loving garbage the lobby runs loading every NPC in while it's also for some reason hogging the CPU by downloading the week's lobby videos.

Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode 4: Waiting for our Framerates to Drop

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Emalde posted:

Can somebody break this down from start to finish? Did this person really somehow end up with $18K from people who wanted to buy CashShopFunBux over a rapid period of time and this person somehow spent it all right away, or am I missing a piece of the picture

Aida takes the money orders, sends them to someone else, they buy the codes, sends the codes back to aida ,who then sends them out. After a while, people start reporting delays in getting thier codes , and(according to the posted skype logs) when the other person asked aida what was going on,AIDA listed $20000 worth of orders, and only 1800 in thier account. Aida claims its due to paypal taking fees but thats bullshit.
Someone can clarify what i got wrong.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Segas best joke this update is thinking techers will not only dump points into reverser feild,but grind a ring for it after.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

NextTime000 posted:

Oh boy 13* doublesaber drop from profound darkness; I can't wait to 60% my Double Cannon now!

Aw nuts.

Congrats, you now have some edge with a soul of darkness. You are the idol of 13 year olds everywhere.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

NextTime000 posted:

oh I get it then; the potential boosts wind tech damage, which is one of the only non-conditional potentials that boost Zanverse damage

but Zanverse doesn't scale on T-atk, and since the only extra class on these is Techer; why would you use this as a zanverse pump instead of the piles of Gal Winds I have building up in the corner?

EDIT: also whoops I didn't read things right; turns out there isn't any maintenance this week; and Boat is going to go live on the 11th

For someone like me who is making a te/bo for maxiumum MPA buff spam.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Didnt know it had innate moment gale.Well i guess It does hold the incredibly minor benefit that PA+ shift action is faster then charging it and youre doing damage alongside it, but thats it. also having the ability to switch to it in your weapon pallete gives you a double jump when you need it, which is handy for time attacks and megatsu's first phase i guess.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

MR. J posted:

Goddamn Goldrahdas lagaportin outta my gravity wells! :bahgawd:

I dont think ive ever had zondeel work on a wolgahda in a eq since TD2 was released.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 4, 2016

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Hivac posted:

I keep telling people that they're making ep4 p2w but nobody listened

Honestly if they're trying to make it pay to win they're doing a poo poo job, because ive already gotten a ton of 13* rares from the collection files, and there's always been non eq alternatives, though ult was garbage for that (running 1000 runs for rocks, wth)
I dunno, they can keep releasing increasingly powerful stuff and make it so those with cash to burn get them faster, but it all feels pointless when the most recent EQ boss uses mechs with preset stats and equipment anyway.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Saagonsa posted:

EQ triggers or passes or whatever have always been a fairly neat idea as something you can get in order to actually play relevant content with a group of people on your own time instead of Sega's. Tying it directly to real money purchases kind of really ruins that for me, especially since I can see them toning down the EQs available through the triggers on the actual schedule.

Outside of that there's also the star gems scratch that costs 80 gems (400 AC) for 1 scratch, and the items from it are non-tradeable so no way to reasonably get them other than rolling the dice with actual money. I was okay with star gems at first because they were for fairly pointless stuff and not very intrusive. This however is pretty blatant cash grab territory and I really don't like the precedent this sets for the future.

Yeah, the star gem stuff have been pretty terrible and making costumes a 80 gems (400) AC lotto chance is downright bullshit especially when you get like loving 2gems from a costume that costs someone real money to get.

also drat, I feel sorry for people that have characters based on falz npcs, they're going to be hosed hard by this.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 22, 2016

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Hivac posted:

i was talking more about the fuckin straight-from-mobage stamina systems and now the "give us money so you can get stuff at a reasonable pace instead of being subjected to the whims of our schedule" poo poo

That stuff has been around all the way back in closed beta. AC rare boosts before 250% boosters existed, preimum only equipment passes to skip rare hunting,shop passes, premium drinks that give a rare drop boost, the crafting system where you bought cooldowns, and so on. Every time they did it, it eventually stopped working so they drop it and move on to the next gimmick. Now in episode 4 I have literal thousands of excubes, the ability to get as much shop and room passes as i want, free makeover passes and 100+ scapedolls, skill reset passes,3 free 12* passes from titles and more 12* from collect files,triboosts out the rear end, and they're already shoving grathering stamina refills and star gems into bingos and daily bonuses. A new player could easily get a full sakai set and go from start to fully geared up in under a month with just occasional playing if they got any luck with bonus keys and did yamato collection files.

poo poo, it wasnt too long ago es just implemented a feature to let you spend 500 ac a day dice rolling for ult rares and everyone's already forgotten about that. Sega has failed to turn this game into a pay to win hellscape over and over(not for lack of trying), and I highly doubt they will succeed this time with star gem and stamina crap. Sorry if I sound like a jackass, I'm just tired of stuff like this in pso world who have whined how every update is the worst thing ever since the beginning.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Hivac posted:

The terrible secret is that i'm comedically burned out on pso2 and every update seems to introduce more questionable stuff and/or yet another "get 1000 quest points" holiday EQ. I kinda just stopped playing because the game has long since ceased to have any sense of depth whatsoever to me. It's just the same poo poo in a different wrapper every update.

I'd mind it less if it felt like they were doing more than what seems to just be throwing poo poo at a wall at a glacial pace and hoping that it sticks. I've talked with folks about this but it really is just starting to feel like they've ran out of ideas with how to keep the pso2 train running.

pso2's progression is fundamentally hosed when you get down to it. Increasing the level cap or anything would require a new difficulty which seems impossible when they cant even spend the time to add xh to everything. There's so many types of quests and gimmicks that are abandoned because i doubt sega staffs the dev team with enough people to even handle updating it all. They're propably got all dev time spent pushing out story updates and big flashy emergency quests as fast as they can, while overhaulding yet another base game mechanic. (ep4's not even been out half a year and in that time its been added to a graphical overhaul, an overhaul to the equipment grind system , and this star gem crap, and now eq triggers. pso2 is due for a WoW-style cataclysm event where everything is redone,fixed, and the old abandoned systems scrapped so they dont have to be maintained, but thats not likely to ever happen.

edit: if youre burned out on it its propably best to just take a break and try out every eq once in a while when it shows up. even if they'd dump 14* rares and raised the level cap to 100 youd still be able to catch up easily , nevermind that any EQ you join will be able to decimate bosses regardless. All login bonuses are meaningless if youre not actually grinding for stuff.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 24, 2016

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

The risk on advance quests and some of the more challenging extreme quests hit that mark of good difficulty but just hasnt kept up with the gear increase. Extreme quests also have the issue of redoing all yhe easy floors every full run and no one want to spend all their caps on advance quests anymore.

[Challenge mode is also fun but has nothing to really do with your current stats]

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Specifically, lazyspamming the harokotan ta for the weekly klotho paycheck

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Just wait until they make a weapon who's +35 affix is lucky rise IV, or the Mark affixes. This has the potential to be really dumb.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

NextTime000 posted:

the all-class Tact will allow you to use pets with Summoner as your subclass, but I don't really see a point in that myself
Te/su would be pretty good support as you could use shifta strike/deband toughness on your pet to make them stronger, and deal with techer's issue of having poo poo for attack range/the healing class having to put themselves in danger to actually attack.

thats the only practical application i can think of, however, since i think the damage switch skills are summoner main only.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Got the all Class tact from the christmas eq and shifta strike/deband toughness does indeed effect your pet.

So if you wanted to still do buffs as a techer and do some actual damage, you can go te/su and use wands for mobbing, and pets for bossing, or just the occasional ability to chuck a merron or two to assist in boss dps/murder a wall in Tower defence..

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

NextTime000 posted:

PSA: Starting today, do not use Magatsu Bonus Keys until after next maintenance on the 11th. They are buffing the amount of Star Gems you get from them, so you might as well sit on those and cash in later

Same with any new costumes you bought but havent collected star gems from. Now, if they could just increase ES's login bonus i might actually ya know, log in.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

NextTime000 posted:

Last place: Techer (From what I've heard, you literally cannot even clear it without the wand from Las Vegas)
You can , youre just either
A: A te/su fighting with shifta strike boosted pets
B: going all in on tech and spamming ragrants as force-lite.
If you want to wand smack however youre gonna need to push your stats as far as you can take them.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

nerdz posted:

Holy gently caress, PSU's 10th anniversary? God

Also lol at the beast face makeover. Probably means it will never be an official race.
they used to be in the data but I believe a long while back they said it wouldn't due to lack of popularity. I'm doubtful we'll ever get another race, I don't know what they could do to make one visually distinct without just being something an accesory or bodypaint doesn't already do.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Levantine posted:

Should I worry about client orders from the various NPCs all over the place or is that mostly a waste of time in the face of the Recommended stuff?

If youre doing a non final boss eq fill your client order spots with hans and revelle's that include any that spawn in the eq since youre going to be doing it anyway. Always get holiday ones as they typically give out event items and decent exp. also dont forget team orders, they give good exp out, are typically easy, And help the team out.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Hero class looks like sega just having a do over on the class system, taking out the impossible to balance subclass system and giving existing weapons revamped movesets. This sounds great but i hope we we get more advance classes sooner than once per year

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

NextTime000 posted:

oh right also some stuff about ep5's story:

ep5 story progress is shared across all characters on your account. To me this sounds like they would want to give out better items for story progress, but not add in more titles or give players with multiple characters an edge

Right now, you can score a real decent amount of stargems and triboosts per character with ep4's story missions. Could easily farm it using a new character, some exp tickets, crafted gear, and doing easy mode missions. They probably want to stop that.

NextTime000 posted:

Minor conversations between NPCs in Episode 5 will use a Visual Novel format like the Phantasy Star Portable games or PSO2es

:words:lore stuff:words:
Parallel Universe Omega was created from the remains of the Akashic Record, Xion's memory, after she died. It's an amalgamation of people, places, and things she had experienced over her existence.
Man how bad did the budget get cut from ep4's bust? Maybe they just decided to stop forcing the animators to work 12 hour shifts animating patty and tea flailing thier arms while talking to you.

Also this xion's memory stuff is how they're going to justify popular characters they've removed, and maybe we'll get to see more of the original photoners then.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

NextTime000 posted:

From what I remember, the first 6 episodes had absolutely nothing happen, to the point they were basically teasing it. the 2nd 6 episodes would have been not terrible if they were on their own; not good, just something passable to watch. but the first half weighed it down too much
"Hi Im a student as sega acadamy, let me read you my paper on how Phantasy Star Online 2™ can build proper teamwork in students."

A plot point in one episode was the main character staying up late playing video games made the video games look bad.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jun 26, 2017

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

MR. J posted:

Oh right, despite acknowledging the trope, the stupid thing still has a loving hotspring episode. :cripes:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

PSO2 Episode 5: now a fantasy, like your chances at a 14* drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

PSO2 episode 5: A Hero & a Loser play DnD together.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 29, 2017

• Locked thread