Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Welp decided to give this cool looking game a try that I pretty much know zero about. Download should be done when I wake up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Oh well that's a shame, I downloaded all the translation patches but it still seems to be 90% moonspeak.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

voltcatfish posted:

that's because you probably saw the content they just released 2 days ago?

Is the new character tutorial and the stuff after it new? I've never played this before.

e: pso2 tweaker says I have all the (translation) patches and there are no empty/missing etc files so I dunno.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jan 29, 2016

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

LiquidRain posted:

When you select a character there's an option to start the game in Episode 4 or Episode 1-3. I'm not sure what happens regarding the tutorials.

If all your menus and items are in English you've got what you need.

None of the inventory stuff seemed to be in english but all of the character creation and game menus were. pso2 tweaker still says everything is okay so I'll try and blunder through this new stuff.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I ended up having to enable an item translation plugin, most stuff is in English now so I'm just trying to learn the game. It's nice to have very little lag in an MMO for once.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

nerdz posted:

It only looks like you have very little lag due to how much is actually client side. Unless you live in Japan, that is. Notice how long it takes for the damage numbers to appear once you hit a monster.

Not Japan but Australia. The numbers pop up instantly on hit, seems quite snappy.

e: I am enjoying the hilarious levels of anime.

clone on the phone fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jan 29, 2016

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Hivac posted:

What's your character name so I can pull you into our walking corpse of a team

Character is called Eider. I have a machine gun.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Gunner is flashy and it is fun. Also two machine guns are cool. I have a tiny little robot orb following me around now and I'm afraid to feed it anything.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

MR. J posted:

Just give all the basic archetypes a try so you know what attack stat you want to focus on before you start feeding your mag weapons.

Also use 4, 5, or 6-star furniture items, depending on which stat you choose to keep your mags dex under control.

Is there somewhere I can go to read about what to feed my mag and why?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Saagonsa posted:

You generally just want to feed your mag 9* weapons of the attack type of your choice to boost its attack stat, and once the dex stat is close to leveling up use furniture/mates to reduce it. You ideally want your mag to have 200 levels of one single attack since splitting it up is only gimping yourself in the long run, and dex/defense is pretty useless. Especially now that you get 3 free characters so if you wanted you could have 1 mag of each attack type without paying anything.

Is the low battery warning on my little guy because I haven't fed him? How do I get the 9* weapons? Upgrading or just drops?

I'm only like level 20 and I've been pretty much soloing everything as a gunner. Occasionally people appear in my dungeons or whatever. I guess they joined them through some kind of group finder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Thanks for the help guys. I've never been so clueless in a game before but despite all that it's still fun as gently caress.

• Locked thread