Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Are the complexity 3 characters too complex for first time players? Black Knight looks cool, but I have no experience with this game other than your LPs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
I guess I'll be the Black Knight!

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Black Knight

Starts at: Inn

I don't have PMs, so
Victory Points:
Notoriety: 2
Fame: 2
Great Treasures: 1

I'll take my equipment from the Company.

If anyone doesn't want to side with Sir Vanilla, I'd welcome some comrades in arms. Note that we'll be picking up some native friends as well, if all goes as planned.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Bacon In A Wok posted:

Just to expand/clarify on this slightly - 'nothing' does not equate to 'unarmed'. Every character is assumed to have a dagger to fight with if absolutely necessary - doing the same damage as whatever Fight chit you play, plus Sharpness against unarmored enemies.

(It is a lousy excuse for a weapon, mind you - the Witch should avoid combat unless+until her magic gives her firepower. But it is a weapon.)

If you want a more fight capable friend, the Black Knight has yet to gather any allies. Come aboard the native recruitment train!

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Hmm. Giant bats look pretty scary. Since I'm hidden, is my ability to get in an alerted attack likely to swing it in my favor, or is the bat still likely to avoid and then poke me to death?

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
So, given that I don't have any native goons yet, and this hex is about to become a nightmare, does it make more sense to try and angle for an ambush on something, or explore another Hex that's not so full of potential dragons?

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
I'm game for trying to survive the hex together! How soon can you get your shining armor down here?

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Meet ya there day four!

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
No Kamekazi-ing

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Guess I'm sticking around the Inn and hoping for the Company to show :\

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Gutter Owl posted:

If I were you, I'd just hire some Rogues and wander off to find some dosh.

You have to hire the Company as a group (same with any natives other than the Rogues and the Order), and even a Price x1 Hire is 16 gold. You'll need startup capital.

Ah, that's another case of my poor rules understanding. In that case, I'll move to Borderlands 2, and Hide x3.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Borderlands 3 is the only in-Hex clearing I can move to, correct?

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Urgh. I guess I'll just hide x3 and move to Borderlands 3. I'm really at a loss for what I can do that's actually useful. My apologies for holding up the turn.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Trying to move through was indeed my plan, but if the Sorcerer would like a friend I'll come hang out and hunt gobbos. Hide x 3 and then move to high pass 2.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
I'm down for gobblin' bashin'! Going to Follow the Sorcerer.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
I've cast my lot in with this raggedy magicker, so I'll stand firm! (Yes and Yes)

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

LLSix posted:

Restx2
Enchantx2

Anyone want to meet up in Borderlands 2 next turn prior to taking a shot at the crazy mass of monsters the turn after that?

I'd be tempted to go visit the scholar, but I think I need more gold before I have a real chance of buying anything from him.

Can do! Think it would be more useful to try and buy a great axe off one of the rogues, or hire one of 'em? I can't use the axe with my shield, but it would let me hurt heavy stuff more easily and has a much better Length than the sad Mace.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Oh; looks like I misunderstood. Well, trade X2 to try and hire a rogue, and then hide X2 in case someone gets angry.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Trade X3, and then a desperate hide x1 just in case.

Will sell naked to get dat company.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Followers are just going to Follow.

Loot x3 Aww yeah patrol goodies...and also my stuff back.

For looting my pile of stuff, do I get that all with one loot entry, or do I need to hit it multiple times?

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Loot x4 for me
and Lootx4 for CHQ!

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Not going to fight; too many H's on those Rogues.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Need my helmet back, soooo
Me: Loot x4
My dude: Loot x4

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
No. There are nasty customers in those rogues.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Me: Search x4
My Dude: Search x4

IF THE DWARF CAN HAVE A HELMET, I CAN TOO

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Magic Realm: Ye olde helmet repository is surely curst

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
My apologies.

My followers and I will move to Borderlands 2 to rid us all of a troublesome bat.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Did the bat have any chance to hurt anyone with C5 luring?

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Any thoughts, Dwarf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Bouquet posted:

Ok, how's this for a plan Black Knight?

-Dwarf lures one snake.
-Great swordsman lures the bat.
-Another minion or the Black Knight lures the other snake.
-The rest of Team Black Knight kicks rear end during their surprise round.

Sounds good to me! I'll lure the other snake. To keep my dudes intact.

• Locked thread