Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bacon In A Wok
Jan 27, 2014
Might as well sign me up -- I have mucked around with Realmspeak before so am willing to go with Woods Girl, Elf or Witch (in roughly that order of preference, but specifically willing to vacate Woods Girl if that should be reserved for a less experienced player).

EclecticTastes posted:

Wow, I've been trying to play in Realmspeak, and I gotta say, I'm glad I'm probably going to be partnered with more experienced players, because I'll need all the help I can get. I'm guessing the White Knight should be capable of surviving fights on a consistent basis, and so far that hasn't really been happening, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I mean, I need to get my Hiding game up I guess, but even then, enemies just seem to wreck me without me being able to do much, so I could use the advice on how to best utilize the first few turns.
White Knight should mostly be going after large enemies - Trolls, Dragons and sometimes Giants - in Mountain hexes. Hiding is very important; Alerting your weapon is equally important, and can be done either as an Alert action during the day or (more commonly) during the prep stages of your combat round. The starting Greatsword, un-Alerted, is a Speed 6 weapon - which means the speed of your Fight chit is totally un-important, you're hitting only if your enemy is either a Speed 7 (there are no Speed 7 enemies in the game) or if you match direction (odds of 1 in 3, and your enemy probably still gets in the first shot.) Alert the Greatsword, though, and its Speed 6 goes away - which means that your Fight chit speed takes over and allows you to hit at T5 or H4 and outspeed many of the larger enemies on the chart.

(The smaller enemies, though - packs of Goblins, Spiders, Trolls and especially Bats - are too fast to hit, except with a lucky shot. Only thing you can do there is pick a direction to swing in, hope the 1 in 3 luck of the dice has them line up with your strike, and see if you can connect before they peck you to death. Or else Hide, and run away before combat starts.)

Also play around a bit on bartering with the Order on Day 1. Trading the Greatsword for a Morning Star is almost pure upgrade (exactly why is an exercise for the reader); trading Armor for a Warhorse is a bit less intuitive (and one I have never successfully pulled off myself, in mucking around with solo Realmspeak games) but potentially makes Goblins and Bats much, much less of a threat. The White Knight is one of the most powerful characters in the game, if you play to his strengths. And his strengths are beating up on big monsters, not getting chewed up by packs of smaller monsters or engaging in PvP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon In A Wok
Jan 27, 2014
Sorry for the delay. (Ask me about the ten hours of work I did this weekend for a year-end deliverable that didn't exist last Thursday!)

Victory points:
Great Treasures 1
Fame 2
Notoriety 1
Gold 1

Starting Spell is the ever-reliable Control Bats, and Starting Location will be the Inn, because gently caress facing off against the Soldiers on Day 1.

Bacon In A Wok
Jan 27, 2014

disperse posted:

You can find this on your character card or page 102 in the rulebook. Ignore the development levels, we aren't playing a development game so you start will all chits and the spells listed next to "Witch."

The Witch starts with nothing but 10 gold coins, and 3 spells.

Just to expand/clarify on this slightly - 'nothing' does not equate to 'unarmed'. Every character is assumed to have a dagger to fight with if absolutely necessary - doing the same damage as whatever Fight chit you play, plus Sharpness against unarmored enemies.

(It is a lousy excuse for a weapon, mind you - the Witch should avoid combat unless+until her magic gives her firepower. But it is a weapon.)

Bacon In A Wok
Jan 27, 2014

disperse posted:

Bacon in a Wok, LLSix, and TheNabster please PM me your day one moves.

Thanks!
So yeah, about that...

Hire, Hire, Hire, Hide.

For the first two Hire actions, only accept if Pricex3 or less is rolled.
If I reach the third Hire action and have hired no Rogues, accept Pricex4.

Good enough?

Bacon In A Wok
Jan 27, 2014
Rogues follow the Woods Girl.

Woods Girl - Hide, Hide, Move Borderlands 2, Move Borderlands 3.

Combat actions to depend on what monsters show up at end of day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon In A Wok
Jan 27, 2014
Seriously? Seriously?

I guess I loving die.

(For those keeping track at home, roughly 1.6% chance of something like that happening, between two Hides both failing and the Octopus plus a whole mess of goblins happening to show up.)

Thanks ever so much for hosting.

• Locked thread