Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koschei
Sep 14, 2007

Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.
The forced stealth sections were poorly implemented and the selection of guns was lackluster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mm. Yes. [swirls wine around sippy cup]

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Wipfmetz
Oct 12, 2007

Sitzen ein oder mehrere Wipfe in einer Lore, so kann man sie ueber den Rand der Lore hinausschauen sehen.

Flannelette posted:

Wow so edgy

If it wouldn't be a lovely .jpg, there wouldn't be so many random edges in the image. If it still has edges, I'd suggest working on some antialiasing settings or sth.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wipfmetz posted:

If it wouldn't be a lovely .jpg, there wouldn't be so many random edges in the image. If it still has edges, I'd suggest working on some antialiasing settings or sth.

Ah.. good joke.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wipfmetz posted:

Oh, that's r1ch.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Oh, that's r1ch.

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

Oh, that's r1ch.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Wormskull posted:

Modern FPS AIDS trash.

Wake up youre dead.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Remember how the Nazis insanely brutally murdered loads of Jews because they thought Jews were involved in a massive worldwide plot? Well guess what they were :twisted:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Remember how the Nazis insanely brutally murdered loads of Jews because they thought Jews were involved in a massive worldwide plot? Well guess what they were :twisted:
Assassin's Creed dot wikia dot com slash wiki slash world_war_ii

Vitruvio
Jan 28, 2015
drat straight.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

i hated this game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

bhlaab posted:

i hated this game

I trust bhlaab more than 90% of you so I'm not gonna play it

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
It doesnt loving rule op. It's ok. It gets kionda boring and samey. I dont really recommend it.

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

if you havent played it wolfenstein 09 by raven softwerks is the best wolf game

tno has a level where you swim and solve easy physics puzzles while bj reminisces about previous times he swam and his girlfriend calls him up on the radio to give him audio logs and every audio log is her saying "once i pretend to be whore to nazi scum. i felt his hatefulness inside of me and he cum. zen as he sleep i keel him. i am nazi pregnant" and theres like 8 of those and the level is like an hour long and its just that and swimming. "once i see nazi in alley. i suck his cock. his evilness ooze down my throat. zen i keel him!" one time paw dropped his wedin ring in the pond and i swam then. similrly t'how im swimmin now i recollect

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

bhlaab posted:

tno has a level where you swim and solve easy physics puzzles while bj reminisces about previous times he swam and his girlfriend calls him up on the radio to give him audio logs and every audio log is her saying "once i pretend to be whore to nazi scum. i felt his hatefulness inside of me and he cum. zen as he sleep i keel him. i am nazi pregnant" and theres like 8 of those and the level is like an hour long and its just that and swimming. "once i see nazi in alley. i suck his cock. his evilness ooze down my throat. zen i keel him!" one time paw dropped his wedin ring in the pond and i swam then. similrly t'how im swimmin now i recollect

I dont remember this at all

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

"one time i see nazi vomiting on street. he pull out ten inch cock. i struggle not to orgasm but i do. zen i keel him!!"
i rem'br my pal cooter had a above ground swimn pool. i swum in it. i am swimmin now like

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bhlaab posted:

lmfao but i believe all of this based on the first hour of the game

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

bhlaab posted:

I can't believe I forgot this actually,

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

bhlaab posted:

"one time i see nazi vomiting on street. he pull out ten inch cock. i struggle not to orgasm but i do. zen i keel him!!"
i rem'br my pal cooter had a above ground swimn pool. i swum in it. i am swimmin now like

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bhlaab posted:

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

In Training posted:

I dont remember this at all

if i thought i could find a video of the level without markeplier talking over it id show you

then in the old blood you meet up with this british secret agent lady. guess how she gets information out of nazis and guess what she does to them after she gets the information.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

bhlaab posted:

its a modern fps with the bethesda logo on it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i can accept the games flaws because it lets me slide along the ground duel wielding shotguns

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

trying to jack off posted:

i can accept the games flaws because it lets me slide along the ground duel wielding shotguns

the flaws are that the difficulty is hosed up the health system is busted and its not very fun imo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

its a modern fps with the bethesda logo on it.

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

bhlaab posted:

the flaws are that the difficulty is hosed up the health system is busted and its not very fun imo

i didnt really die until the last level, which was also the least fun part of the game, but found it challenging so im not even sure what was wrong with the health and difficulty?

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

i didnt really die until the last level, which was also the least fun part of the game, but found it challenging so im not even sure what was wrong with the health and difficulty?

every enemy is a hitscanner, so it just makes no sense to have a traditional medkit system. Since it is impossible to dodge attacks, survival is based on mitigating damage instead of avoiding it. This is why so many modern games adopt a recharging health mechanic. TNO wants to have it both ways, it wants to be a modern hitscanned-to-hell fps but retain the classic health system for... old school cred, I guess? It just doesn't work. The two things are incongruous.

then there is the health overcharge system taken from Quake 1. However in quake it made sense because there are monsters everywhere and the pace is set by the player. in a setpiece driven "story" fps it sucks and actively encourages you to gently caress yourself over by picking up all the medkits immediately leaving you with nothing when you actually need it. And because the fights are all setpieces dictated by designer-placed triggers the excess health will almost always wear off before it's of any use. The end result is that actually being overcharged is rarely useful and picking up all the medkits you can to become overcharges just fucks you over later.

On top of that are a ton of stupid minor decisions that cause death by a thousand cuts. Picking up health, armor, and ammo requires you to look at it and press the interact button which is loving idiotic (and probably in place to mitigate the issues with the lame rear end overcharge system). Item pickups don't stand out aesthetically, which makes the game look more 'realistic' and 'gritty' but way less playable. If you're going to put in a health system that makes me scramble to pick up medkits while im an inch away from death and my screen is draped in red jelly don't make the medkits indistinct grey blobs.

And then there's the fact that all the enemies are bullet sponge armor lords and that always sucks.

tldr they tried to cram old school fps poo poo into a modern fps without really knowing what any of it meant, why they were doing it, or what effects it would have

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

if you want to read more hot takes by me visit my giant bomb user review page and upbvote them i want to get mentioned in their community spotlight thing because thats an arbitrary measure of my self worth

http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/bhlaab/reviews/

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Return to Castle Wolfenstein owned

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

bhlaab posted:

wolf 09 is 1000x better than this piece of poo poo

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

bhlaab posted:

if you want to read more hot takes by me visit my giant bomb user review page and upbvote them i want to get mentioned in their community spotlight thing because thats an arbitrary measure of my self worth

i agree with you about gunslinger

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

more people should play that game

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

maybe the dumbest sentence i've ever read

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

a Loving Dog posted:

maybe the dumbest sentence i've ever read

This.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

Return to Castle Wolfenstein owned

I love it a lot.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

bhlaab posted:

Well unless this article is satirical I refuse to read any other garbage you make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

bhlaab posted:

lmfao

• Locked thread