Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

I had fun trolling you guys.

I obviously hosed up with Samfu, but he could've fought for his life a little more. It didn't help he went all lurker.

I suspected Tommunist when he put a vote on TMM day 2, and Kash was going nuts. Samfu dying didn't lose the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Nah I can play a good scum game (and the way things were going might have won here) but I am just not thinking as much before posting these days and it's partially because I'm in so many games but also partially lack of effort

I'm sorry, but I don't think scum win this game unless you had killed me N1/N2 or counterclaimed and gotten me hung on D2 but sacrificed yourself on D3 to do it.

Here's my thinking for claiming on D1:

1. I remove myself from the lynch candidates because nobody is going to hang the claimed cop on D1 regardless of when I claim.
2. I almost certainly assure myself one investigation that I can reveal to town. Now obviously this is somewhat dependent on the setup and correctly choosing an investigation target. For example, if there is a Juggernaut, then I'm likely to die on N1, but that's ok because two townie are going to die anyway (which could happen to me randomly without claiming) and investigations are really there to help but shouldn't be counted on. Or I might just choose to investigate one of the players who turn up dead and that doesn't help town at all anyway.
3. I can also slightly influence the kill targets on N1 by naming two people and saying I'm going to investigate one. I know I said I wasn't going to do that in the middle of the day, but that was a lie and I was always going to name two people. Of course, this involves a bit of WIFOM, but as I said when both of you turned up alive on D2 I knew that one of you had to be scum. If both of you were town, scum would likely want to kill one (or both) of you and hope to ruin my investigation as well as point at the other (if alive) to say they must be scum. Regardless of how scummy anyone looked, scum don't really want someone to be confirmed. Sure, I still thought that KK was the godfather, but there was no way I would have voted him on D2.
4. Without a counterclaim, I also remove myself from the lynch on D2. And if there is a counterclaim it has to come on D2 because it's a simple 1 to 1 trade. Think about it. If I'm scum, the real cop claims on D2 (hopefully with a result on someone who is alive) and it's an even trade because town either believes the CC and hangs scum (pushing lylo back a day) or doesn't believe the CC and hangs the cop which means the scum dies on D3 during lylo. Also, if the doctor is alive, the cop doesn't have to fear a scum NK if he isn't lynched because the doctor most likely protected the claimed cop or himself during D1, which means the real cop gets protection on D2. And even if the doctor did protect the real cop randomly on N1, the scum wouldn't know that and the remaining one wouldn't likely take a shot at the now proven cop. Again, obviously some WIFOM stuff there, but still pretty good odds.

There is no way I claim if it's a closed setup, but knowing that there are two scum who each have night kills made claiming the correct action imo.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I didn't read all that, but yeah I think Tomm should have killed Madman.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

I didn't read all that, but yeah I think Tomm should have killed Madman.

No, Kash should have sacrificed himself and counterclaimed me on D2 and gotten me hung. It almost certainly would have worked because he could call anyone except Tomm town and then have that person killed at night. Sure it means that Kash gets lynched on D3, but that's lylo and sets Tomm up for a chance at the win.

And Tomm couldn't have killed me on N2 because SSV protected me. I don't know if SSV decided to not protect me on N1 because he guessed the scum would take a shot somewhere else or not, so maybe he can chime in.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I watched TMM both nights

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

imgay posted:

I watched TMM both nights

I saw that in the mod doc. :hfive:

I'll just assume you knew my claim was true all along. :)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
ninjas are good and cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

ninjas are good and cool

Tomm still would have had to kill me on N1. And it's hard to take that chance when the cop claims on D1 and there is almost certainly a doctor out there.

• Locked thread