Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Me! Dibbsing that pale lemon tulle, #6. I'm going to be a vision in pastel, dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Oh, me?! I'm fine. Thank you all so very much for your concern. Standing up here on stage, presenting because naturally, I'm not even nominated, you'd have to be in actual important roles to be nominated, but at least this gets me in front of an audience, what's the worst that could happen? Other than finding my very first dead body, hyperventilating, screaming on national television, throwing up all over my lovely pale lemon tulle dress, and then dry-swallowing enough Valium to kill a small elephant, of course. Please don't anyone concern yourself about me or my imminent nervous breakdown or anything. I imagine you're all busy.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Samfucius posted:

Hey spacing, where are you.

Who do you think is bad.

Awful app (androud) is absolutely chewing up everything in sight right now. There's "user was banned for this post" stuck between every word. I can ping in once I get to lunch in like half an hour -- my iPad is WiFi only, I'm scribbling this through chrome rn.

This is probably what kash just mentioned.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

So my forums don't want me to play this game

Mine just fixed, did yours? Try refreshing.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

Alright I'm done shitposting for this game let's hunt scum

Ugh gently caress you for that, it's a huge pain to scroll past on my phone, even when Awful was working.

TMMadman posted:

Stop being stupid for one game. Please.

Oh, look, we're just in time for the kash/TMM slap fight. Can't wait for round 47 of this stupid song and dance.

Samfucius posted:

I always win "most improved", how about you?

Least Smelly.

Samfucius posted:

Okay Kash, out of the non-lurkers, who do you think might be scum? Our of the lurkers, who should we kill on principle?

I say TMM is scum, kill imgay.

The game only opened last night; it's a little early to call anyone lurking, isn't it?

imgay posted:

Wow how I even show up on scum radars? When I have ever been scum

Your grammar broke, try rebooting.

TMMadman posted:

So what you're saying is you'd rather have me not defend myself?

You signed up to play this game with the full knowledge that I was in it. I was literally the first person to sign up. And now your going to complain that you don't like my style.

I know full well that everyone who votes me isn't scum, but calling them scum and challenging their thoughts is one of the ways I generate my reads.

So instead of complaining about how I play the game, why don't you offer some reads of your own.

I'm with rarity here. Had I realized both you and kash were in the game, I wouldn't have signed up, because you suck up all the oxygen and make scum hunting extra hard.

(No dig on kash; I only mention him because you're worse when you two start going at each other. We cool, kash.)

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah, that's what I had. Posting in chrome forced awful to reboot, or possibly it cleared up at the same time by coincidence, idek. Annoying as poo poo.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

You guys do understand that the vast majority of my bombastic attitude during a game is just a dog and pony show, right?

No, we get that, we just don't enjoy it.

TMMadman posted:

Essentially, I feel like what you are saying is that you want to play a game that's all about arguing without actually arguing.

Criticizing your particular argument style as combative and counterproductive is not the same as saying I do not want to argue in a game about arguing.

To illustrate this point, I'm going to adopt a new argument style for this game only, and it's going to involve personal insults and as many vulgar terms as I can cram into each post.

Don't like it? Well, you pussy-dicked motherfuckers must just hate arguing. Why even play mafia, I mean, just go back to chugging cock and playing with your dollies if you can't handle a little loving swearing.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Samfucius posted:

We're getting close to my Secret Word, I'm starting to get tingley.

By chance, is your secret word "disingenuous"?

(I'm not actually arguing with you, but as per my new argument style, I'm going to call you an rear end-faced cock smoker anyway.)

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

This fight is dumb TMM is town it said so in my role PM

##vote Hal scum claim!!!

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mafia edit: you cock-gobbling rear end munchers.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm here, let's play this game. I would voting spacing or imgay, with Kashuno as a distant third.

What's with the sudden fixation on me? My vote on you was a joke, and so was the temporary tourettes, but I did have some real content yesterday. I'm lurkier than usual d1 but I've got some stupid RL poo poo going on and it's been hard to get into this game.

Also TMM asking everyone to read you: why? Why do you constantly need to be the center of attention?

I don't have any good reads right now, except that I hate everything and have to go to work soon. Are the votes on imgay serious?

This is going to sound hypocritical, but yesterday when I got into the slap fight with tmm I thought, dammit, I'm just making it worse, this is going to further distract the thread. So on a reread, Sam and Rarity both stand out to me for keeping that mess going. Which, as I said, I did, too, but I can't loving let things drop when I should.

Kash gets a pass here because the TMM/kash slap fight is a regular occurrence and appears to be alignment neutral.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

There actually is a reason and it has nothing to do with wanting to be the center of attention. I've been debating on when I should make an announcement/give the reason, but I think I'll wait a little bit longer.

Oh. I'm sorry, I'm cranky and thought that was just another "hey everyone, please continue to focus on me" sort of moment. If there's a grander purpose to it, that makes me lean more town on you. Sorry to make you tip your hand early?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I went to work and missed all the fun. I think kk's reason for picking sam is pretty wtf, but I really don't like Sam's reaction.

It's time for Overanalyzing Word Choice with your host, Vienna.

Rarity posted:

Not that I'm necessarily doubting you, I just suspect that was an incredibly boneheaded move.

The "necessarily" here is so base-covering. I'm not saying rarity shouldn't be suspicious of a cop claim -- but "not necessarily doubting you" feels like a way to be neutral without looking too neutral, if that makes sense? She didn't outright say "I'm not convinced" or "I can see it, maybe" -- it feels like there's careful wiggle room built in either way once the rest of the thread weighs in.

Kashuno posted:

I think that was a v bad claim and I don't believe it at all. You are under no pressure right now and claiming cop d1 is the least town play a cop can make.

This reads as more legit and less calculated.

Rarity posted:

I only commented cause I'm tired of your overimportant self-aggrandising bullshit and I can't be hosed to not call you out on it.

This makes me want to fist bump rarity over the internet, regardless of alignment.

But anyway, Sam.

Samfucius posted:

D1 cop claim under no pressure, wowie zowie.

I'm sure reacting here, in a carefully neutral way that doesn't make it difficult for me to either buy the claim or not, depending on how the thread goes!!!

Samfucius posted:

Yeah, ##vote KK for shifty post editing and white noise injections.

And here, Sam reacted quite a bit, but waited until kk gained momentum to let himself be talked into voting. The "yeah, I guess I'm persuaded now, to vote that guy" just feels forced and awkward.

Also, ninja edits are not against the rules, and never have been.

TMMadman posted:

Then try to loving hang me. But you can't because I'm town and there has been no counterclaim.

You know, it's entirely loving possible that we don't have a cop, or that you're scum trying to lure the real cop into counterclaiming. Being smug about your really bad decision to claim is counterproductive.

TMMadman posted:

And frankly, if I get killed tonight, that helps too. Or if I get roleblocked. It's a win/win for town.

How is that possibly win/win for town? If you get role blocked, you won't have results, and we'll have no reason to trust you, and ... Your logic makes my brain want to explode.

And now I'm sure there are three more pages ...

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

pretty solid case, Space vagina

There's always space in my vagina. :bigtran:

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

SiV, for once, it would be really nice if people just actually believed me when I've given them no reason to doubt me.

I mean everyone else always seems to get the benefit of the doubt, but when it comes to me I never get it and it's frustrating as poo poo. Kash sits there and throws his vote around to everyone and generally just looks scummy as poo poo, but every game nobody wants to consider him scum. Meanwhile, I'll sit there and tell the absolute truth and people will twist themselves into knots trying to figure out how I'm lying.

It's absolutely ridiculous.

Okay, just to be clear: you're kind of doing what you said earlier that other people were doing, e.g. being upset and hurt that people think you might be lying, in a game about people lying.

Also, whenever someone jumps into their own claim and trumpets that it makes them confirmed untouchable town, that makes me much more suspicious of them. That may be what's happening here; you going "OBVIOUSLY I can't be the scum" makes me doubt you a bit, because scum always know things that town doesn't, so "it wouldn't make sense to do this as scum, obviously!!" and "clearly I'm confirmed now" both make me back up and look the person over more closely.

Overall I buy your claim, but I don't think it was a good idea. And I don't think it's a personal insult that people question claims -- we should. I get that you're frustrated, honestly, but some people in this game are lying, and it might be you. That's not a dig.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

you're voting for Hal though

Yeah, that was a joke vote from earlier, and I'm on my phone so coding is a biiiiiiitch. Gimme like fifteen to grab my laptop and I'll switch over.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Laptop now installing updates. gently caress it.

##vote Sam ugh gently caress coding on this app

Hey TMM. Why did you want people's reads on you as a way of determining if you were going to cop them? I think I missed the reasoning.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

I pity the floor who'd think I post like this as scum

Serious question, are you drunk or are you hinting at something, because you keep loving up your words in interesting ways. Like floor to fool here, and in most of your posts. Is auto correct loving you?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

But it will be if you elect grand overlord trump as the savior of our country. Hail donalx

there is no way autocorrect changes donald to donalx. seriously, is this some da vinci code messaging because that decoding that sounds all

gently caress we still have two hours and change until deadline

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

Want to avatar bet that I'm town u pussy?

p sure this counts as toxxing, dude.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

OK I read all that, it was delightfully uninformative.

I suppose spacing made a couple of posts that weren't horrible, but I'm not entirely sold on her towniness yet.

Sam seems like a reasonable vote, but I need to try and think for a second. Before I die.

I'm crankier than usual this game & that might be throwing you off. There is not enough midol in the world today.

Am I your only scum read atm? You may have said earlier but if so I forget.

I don't actually think all those pages were uninformative -- I think KK managed to get the game running again, which is huge, but it's devolving into slapfights and ugh I need more midol.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why am I a better target than PBSCapps or Opopanax if you are just randomly picking a lurker

PBS's vote on you is garbage, I agree on that point

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

Nah. I've decided that I'm going to believe his VT claim since I think people should believe my cop claim.

Are you currently experiencing a head injury? Is your vision blurry? Do you smell burnt toast?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

No, it's called not being hypocritical.

I have been saying that you should all believe my claim, so why should I not believe his claim?

This is a game about lying to people. He might be lying. You might be lying. I'm ... I do not even ...

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Samfucius posted:

I'm not scum, really.

I'll consider other cases I guess but I still really really do't trust KK

Convince me. Who's scum? Who is town? Who should we vote instead?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sorry I took a nap. I'm here lemme wake up.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ugh I don't like voting Hal but I'll do it to avoid a no lynch. Anything else we need to talk about first or should I end this insanity?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

Then vote KK and put him at 5 votes and see if Kash will switch. If he doesn't then Kash/KK are the scum.

i think they're both town and that you've been huffing glue.

##vote Hal

good night, sweet prince
may flights of angels wing thee to thy rest

time to find out what happens when you mix liquor and midol

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

Just FYI, I have a result, but I am not inclined to share it at this time. Instead, I'd like to see how the first 24 hours of the day plays out, so I'm going to try not to make very many posts or give strong opinions during that time.

Unless something drastic happens, I will announce my results at some point Sunday afternoon.

How on earth does this seem logical to you.

The only actual legit reason I can see someone who has already claimed sitting on an investigation is to see which way the wind blows first, and that's more a scum mindset than a town one.

Unless you're waiting for whomever it is to post first, but in that case, why? You've already said your result was town.

TMMadman posted:

Once again, I want to see who is going to argue is scum.

Townies make cases against townies all the time. I am not following here at all.

TMMadman posted:

There are 2 real life days in this game day. So saying I'm going to try not to post strong opinions for 24 hours isn't completely excusing myself from the game.

If you think your investigation matters, you're keeping us from efficient scum hunting by withholding it. If you don't think your investigation matters, why go through this claptrap?

TMMadman posted:

You mean since I am flat out town and the cop.

You are not confirmed town. You are an uncounterclaimed cop. Those are not the same thing.

TMMadman posted:

Stop being stupid

Anyway. PBS was my new scum theory annnnnd that got hosed. Sam (samfu not ssv) do you still think kk is scum? I felt like your vote on him was carefully framed as "gosh, those people are right, you ARE crazy for voting me" as if you were faking letting someone talk you into voting -- that's the reason I was on your case yesterday. What was up with that?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TMM, you're dancing around hinting that you think I'm scumbros with KK. You want to accuse me, at least come out and say it.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

I bet his town investigation result was me, and that's why he's trying so hard to push Kash as scummy for his last minute voting

My guess is kash, so that's why he switched to it being a you-me conspiracy instead of you-kash yesterday.

Hey, SSV. What are your thoughts on all this? The game in general, I mean, not just this clusterfuck.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

I doind read the last bazillion posts since day open butt read this

That's sure loving stupid ok by I read later

TMM announced he has a result, and that he will unveil it in 24 hours real time, because ?????

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Samfucius posted:

Also KK knows better better than to push the narratives he has been pushing. I still wanna ##vote KK

Sam, you didn't answer my question.

Khris Kruel posted:

SiV, this is the post I was referring to.

TMM is still trying to throw suspicion on Kash. I don't think he'd say this with a town result on Kash

Oh, see, I read that as him asking you why YOU were so sure kash is town, as in, "only scum know who town is." But I'm still riding the midol train so my brain might be goo.

Khris Kruel posted:

ding ding ding.

Everyone is coming to the same conclusion that TMM is scum. Hooray

To be clear: I have zero ideas on his alignment. Were he someone else, i
I'd assume he was scum, but tmm tends to do things that are completely against his own alignment and best interests regularly. I have given up trying to read him.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Tommunist posted:

I really want to say you, but i always read you as scummy, and you've never been scum, so i'm holding off voting for you for a little bit.

i wasn't here day one, so i've been focusing on on day two discussion while i re-read day 1.

Did your reread turn anything up yet? The game was very lurky until kk showed up and started splashing around, which has led me to lean town on him; generating discussion is always pro-town to me.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hey, TMM. If you want to hold on to your result, that's fine, but how does that exempt you from making cases? You got a town result. You can still call other players scum. (Or call that player scum, and explain that you think you hit the godfather, if you do.)

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Tommunist posted:

considering theres 11 people in this game, and roughly 800 posts, and kk has 220 posts, TMM has 170, and kashuno has 130 my brain has turned to poop, i've skimmed a bit over stuff, and i'd agree KK reads town while Sam reads slightly scummy to me.

Any particular reason for those vibes?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

just be like me and ignore meta bullshit and punish scummy behavior. It's way more fun

Ecco gambit? That could be fun.

Have any of your opinions changed on a reread?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Tommunist posted:

Hal seems a really weird vote, he just didn't seem in the game, and i really don't get why he was the vote, over say PBS who had even less content then HAL.

The Hal lynch sucked. The vote-sam and vote-kk factions couldn't get enough numbers, so they (we) settled on an unhappy compromise.

This makes me suspect that kk and Sam aren't both town, or one of the lynches would have gone off more easily.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

right now, I think you're scum. Your handling of your cop investigations is horrendous and not town positive in any way. I know you're not going to agree, but I could really give a poo poo less what you think.Not feeling good about SSV right now either. I cooled on KK because the amount of tunneling is just dumb over the top obvious if he is scum, so therefore he is much more likely to be town. I don't find samfu particularly scummy and involved in a stupid pissing match with KK.

Here's the thing: I think if TMM was scum, he'd claim to have exonerated some townie he likes, or claim that he got a scum read on KK -- I don't think he'd undermine his own claim by going "okay, I got town on him BUT I STILL THINK HE IS SCUM."

I just think he's playing badly (because: TMM).

TMMadman posted:

Also, why in the hell would lurking scum kill lurkers? It doesn't make sense because lurking scum almost always want the game to continue lurking. I think it's way more likely that scum are active posters in this game.

As scum, I kill lurkers because (a) gently caress lurkers and (b) it gives fewer hints as to drawing connections between players. I often get outvoted on that, though.

As scum I also don't lurk, because I'm generally a talkative person as scum or town, and it'd be super noticeable if I faded into the background.

There is nothing that scum universally Do or Don't Do. it's all WIFOM.

If Samfu and KK are both town, then scum are just sitting back and letting them slapfight.

imgay, what's up with you this game?

Okay I have an idea for helping the thread get active again, hrm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Khris Kruel posted:

I think scum killing lurkers just means the scum is dumb more than anything

Who do you push to kill when you're scum?

This is curiosity, not related to the current game. Everyone has different reasons for who they off, and I like hearing other peoples' reasons. (Also I have been NK'd N1 in like 2 games in a row, and I'm always curious why I was a target.)

I'm working on a huge effing megapost in the meantime; nearly done.

• Locked thread