Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

I'm in and wearing #2.

Because I'm classy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Opopanax posted:

I'll take 3.

The name's Anus, Aprolapsed

Ftfy

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Can't we all just get along?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

imgay posted:

##vote tmm no

Over a simple question?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

imgay posted:

i take off my dress and run around in my underwear in panic

Perhaps we should all just calm down.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Dude, that was really unnecessary and it really makes me want to vote you.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Kashuno posted:

It is my hope that will solidly put an end to jokephase.

That said ##vote TMM

You got a reason there chief?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Kashuno posted:

"I want to vote you"

*doesn't vote*

That's because I'm actually trying to play mafia and wasn't trying to force the thread down the eternal Kash/TMM fight path.

I'm not the one who felt the need to quote rarity ~176 times in a single post. Yes, I went back and counted. That's completely overboard and you know it.

If you really want to start this, I can go ahead and ##vote Kash and urge the thread to do the same thing just to get this whole thing out of the way.

Is that better for you?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Kashuno posted:

I actually quoted her much more but there's a 5000 character limit.

I like how you vote me when called out on it though

Stop being stupid for one game. Please.

Because I'm sure if I had voted you with that first post you would have said something like 'Oh, you're going with the standard Kash vote'.

If you don't want me to vote, don't sit there and taunt me. It's simple.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Kashuno posted:

Meh dude I honestly wouldn't have cared if you actually did vote me in that first post because it's 1 vote and it's early. It's just weird to call out and not vote, I don't like it.

I called it out but didn't vote because I didn't want to get into this stupid loving fight on D1. It's simple.

But instead, you've gotta be the one that drags it out and does it.

Seriously, did not expect someone to call you out when you post a huge wall of one single quote?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Rarity posted:

OH MY GOD YOU GUYS STOP IT

I didn't even want to get into it in the first place. Why aren't you calling him out on it more?

He comes out, makes a poo poo post and then votes for the first person to call him out simply because I said it makes me want to vote, but I didn't vote.

I was trying to handle it tactfully and he wants to drag it into a fight.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Kashuno posted:

Nope I thought people would laugh!!!

Well you thought wrong because I found it stupid and annoying.

Funny would have been 10-20 of the quotes. A full 5000 characters is just over the top stupid imo.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Is the word bootylicious?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

My future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Be vewy, vewy quiet. I'm hunting scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

If you think I'm actually scum then you are probably being dumb.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Samfucius posted:

In fact I will ##vote tmm

There we go, that's the scum vote.

Every time scum try this on me and it doesn't work.

##vote Samfu

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Samfucius posted:

Ah yes the global game-spanning conspiracy involving disparate scum teams, truly the secret machinations behind our scheme have been revealed!

We're basically lizard people AND the illuminati.

Lol no I'm VT

As Kash has been known to say: a VT claim means nothing.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

So then explain why you think I'm scum?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Samfucius posted:

This is why

What does that even mean?

Kash made made a dumb post imo. I called him out and said it made me want to vote him. Then Kash comes back and drops a vote on me because I said it made me want to vote but I didn't vote. So he literally taunted me into voting for him.

I didn't really want to get into a big argument with Kash on D1, but I still wanted to express my feelings about his post.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Samfucius posted:

Voting people because they are mean or annoying is p. bad.

Which is why I didn't drop a vote in the first place.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Samfucius posted:

You didn't stick to your own convictions under zero pressure.

I voted because Kash is being scummy with his reasoning. He knows full well that expressing a desire to vote without actually voting isn't scummy. Everyone does it.

And it's even worse because ultimately he's saying I should have voted for him just because of a single stupid post.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Samfucius posted:

I mean, yeah, it isn't scummy when the person has multiple votes or deadline is looming but early game it's a pretty okay idea to just vote.

A single stupid post is also okay when there are like ten posts total. That's 10%!

Except that ultimately I was trying to avoid the standard Kash/TMM fight on D1. So it wasn't worth the vote at the time. But it is worth it when he turns around and calls me scum for something that isn't scummy.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Kashuno posted:

Is it usually d1? I always feel like it comes out d2 or maybe d3 if we're lucky.

Let's just agree that the fight is standard, but the day varies. I was specifically trying to avoid it on D1 in this game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Kashuno posted:

this is 100% wrong

I rarely say this to you, but

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Rarity posted:

You don't know how to let a game breathe so you end up overwhelming it with a constant stream of posts that becomes draining just to read and you;re constant paranoia that scum are always targeting you specifically is, to be frank, egotistical. You don't come off in the best light during games.

So what you're saying is you'd rather have me not defend myself?

You signed up to play this game with the full knowledge that I was in it. I was literally the first person to sign up. And now your going to complain that you don't like my style.

I know full well that everyone who votes me isn't scum, but calling them scum and challenging their thoughts is one of the ways I generate my reads.

So instead of complaining about how I play the game, why don't you offer some reads of your own.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

You guys do understand that the vast majority of my bombastic attitude during a game is just a dog and pony show, right?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Essentially, I feel like what you are saying is that you want to play a game that's all about arguing without actually arguing.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Also, I saw the same thing as you and all I had to do was refresh the thread.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Here, I have a challenge for everyone. Without voting for me, I'd like everyone to say if you think I'm town or scum with a reason. As long as you don't vote, I will not attack you for calling me scum.

Call this an amnesty until I get up for work in the morning. I may still engage with you but I will do my very best to avoid being aggressive or combative.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

imgay posted:

you my gf tmm?

Sorry buddy but it's not me.

I did see Kash staring dreamily at you earlier though.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

So with ~12 hours left to the deadline, does anyone actually want to play Mafia in this thread?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Why not? That's why you signed up!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Opopanax posted:

You don't know me

I know you're a Canadian beaver!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm here, let's play this game. I would voting spacing or imgay, with Kashuno as a distant third.

I would vote for imgay. He's been sort of softly scum claiming and just being weird. Since I can never really get a good read on him, I'd have no problem lynching him today.

I'm not really sold on spacing. I don't particularly like the weak vote and would like her to make some reads before making a call.

Kash is a tough call. I think he is probably town here, but it usually takes me a couple of days to be sure about him.

I don't think I'd vote either SiV or Kash except to avoid a no lynch.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

I'm still waiting for Rarity to come back and make some reads too.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

I'm so glad I signed up first to what is turning out to be lurker mafia.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Hmm. I think I'd rather vote Rarity right now. She comes in yesterday and makes a big stink about my play style but doesn't offer up any kind of reads. I have a problem with this because I feel that if she has enough time/energy to be bothered by my play then she should have easily been able to make some kind of call on my alignment.

I know she's been sick but she was able to post several times in a different game, but hasn't come back to this one even though the deadline is tonight.

##vote Rarity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

Bat 'em up!

Rarity posted:

I'm still sick, just hitting up Asii to talk about replacing out cause this isn't working :/

This was posted while I was writing my post on my phone. But it doesn't really change my feelings.

• Locked thread