Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I bought it on Wii U VC. It's basically All Stars version which is the one I played as a kid, but it has like replay saving and a bunch of other stuff... Pretty awesome. Might do this one instead for the small Mario playthrough since it's the one I played as a kid more or less, since I was more of a SNES kid and the only games I remember playing on NES were SMB1 and a baseball game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Kind of? It is epic, OP. It is.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Wormskull posted:

I bought it on Wii U VC. It's basically All Stars version which is the one I played as a kid, but it has like replay saving and a bunch of other stuff... Pretty awesome. Might do this one instead for the small Mario playthrough since it's the one I played as a kid more or less, since I was more of a SNES kid and the only games I remember playing on NES were SMB1 and a baseball game.

All stars was the version I knew as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It also apparently has a bunch of extra levels that are good too.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I bought it just now to play the e reader courses.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This is making me want Dragon/Star Coins in Mario Maker even more. Please nintendo :pray:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
how does the sound/music compare to the NES one?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Mario shouts Just What I Needed! and Gotcha! all the time, as well as Oh No. Mama mia! when he dies.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Man, this version is the tits. They should release All Stars on eShop. Childhood feels on fleek.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wouldn't mind All Stars but I already have SMB1,2,3 and World on the eshop.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I got that Limited Edition Super Mario All Stars for Wii that came with the history art book and Koji Kondo album

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I got that Limited Edition Super Mario All Stars for Wii that came with the history art book and Koji Kondo album

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

It also apparently has a bunch of extra levels that are good too.

:aaa:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

There's 38 of 'em. 5 are remakes of Mario 1 levels and the other 33 are unique and have stuff from Mario 2, Mario World and Yoshi's Island in them.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Eagle posted:

There's 38 of 'em. 5 are remakes of Mario 1 levels and the other 33 are unique and have stuff from Mario 2, Mario World and Yoshi's Island in them.

Mein God

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

*im yanked out of my desk chairNd dragged through the office screaming as my wallet flies into the parking lot and drives home to my Wii U of its own volition*

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

*im yanked out of my desk chairNd dragged through the office screaming as my wallet flies into the parking lot and drives home to my Wii U of its own volition*

lmfao but same

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Evil Eagle posted:

Wintendo

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Super Win Bros. 3

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

Super Win Bros. 3

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

i have this game on cartridge but never played it. i thought the NES one and All-Stars would be enough Mario 3 for me, but looks like i was wrong. time to break out the ol lovely ds lite

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

that ivy guy posted:

i have this game on cartridge but never played it. i thought the NES one and All-Stars would be enough Mario 3 for me, but looks like i was wrong. time to break out the ol lovely ds lite

fyi the extra levels required e-reader card on the gba, they're all included in the wii u version though.

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?
You need the e-reader to get the extra levels on the cartridge version.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just realized Nintendo has been making amiibo things for decades

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I just realized Nintendo has been making amiibo things for decades

R.O.B. - the original Amiibo

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Evil Eagle posted:

fyi the extra levels required e-reader card on the gba, they're all included in the wii u version though.

gently caress!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i still have my cart and e-reader

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh I didn't know you could play the eReader stuff. That's some win...

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Evil Eagle posted:

i guess i should finish Return to Dream Land before i buy another shop virtual console game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is coming to Wii U VC tomorrow, hopefully other Square Enix games will come

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Also, Tactics Ogre is on sale on the vita and last I checked SMT:DS2 was on sale on 3DS. Good time to be a strategic role player

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I had never even heard of the e-reader other than as a way to get some event pokemon i think. Crazy that they added so much content to the game almost nobody ever got the chance to play.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Just what I needed!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Pablo Gigante posted:

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is coming to Wii U VC tomorrow, hopefully other Square Enix games will come

siiick

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Pablo Gigante posted:

this is one of the best GBA games hands-down

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Me on my way to downloading the epic FFTA tomorrow FTW :D :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Also, Tactics Ogre is on sale on the vita and last I checked SMT:DS2 was on sale on 3DS. Good time to be a strategic role player

• Locked thread