Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

punishedkissinger posted:

I don't think people are doing 80 into their turns but I could be wrong.
Yes.
The trick is to use the highway as a race course. Come out wide before a corner and then slip across all 3 lanes to swoop into an apex. Enemy cars usually break hard enough to not hit the explosives you're carrying if you use your indicators at the last second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Do your indicators actually affect the traffic? I've just been using them so I don't learn bad habits for actual driving, seeing as attempting to learn to drive after years of GTA resulted in taking the family station wagon up on two wheels. In fairness, the GTA lessons also helped me put it back down again.

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.
They do but I'm not sure in exactly which situations. If you're trying to make a left turn with your signal on, oncoming cars give you the right of way.

40Inch
Aug 15, 2002

Other trucks seem to respond to them. They slam on their brakes if you signal next to them. Cars don't seem to give a gently caress, so I just gently nudge them until they go into accident freeze mode.

But I still signal!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, always honk the air horn and turn your brights on and off. It's therapeutic.

E: Also do that at any red light.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Or just drive with your brights and hazards on at all time.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Hazard lights and slowly zigzag across all three lanes and no one will get past you.

Lodin posted:

Also, always honk the air horn and turn your brights on and off. It's therapeutic.

E: Also do that at any red light.
I do that whenever I blast past police cars at the side of the road as close as I can.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Drive the 18 wheeler in code 3 at all times.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
No damage mod and pick random cars to just yeet off the road. About a 15% chance the car acts as a ramp and the physics engine sends me like 25 feet in the air.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Always use your turn signals when running a red light, so you stand a good chance of avoiding the fine.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

i cant imagine playing this game with the police enabled. if they would actually try and chase you i might consider it, but as os, im not paying a bunch of fines just for having fun.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

But how do you know you're being cool if you don't have the fine sound kicking in every 5 minutes?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I thought that was the whole goal of hiring and leveling up your drivers, you've reached endgame when you have enough automatic income to pay your fines and still make a profit.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
The point of hiring other drivers is to cover your fuel costs when you gently caress around with no cargo and go take all the twisty scenic routes at 95mph.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
The endgame of hiring truckers is obviously to get this guy.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Special transport mission when

https://twitter.com/KetanJ0/status/1346801409778470917

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Haifisch posted:

The point of hiring other drivers is to cover your fuel costs when you gently caress around with no cargo and go take all the twisty scenic routes at 95mph.

This guy truck sims.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Lodin posted:

The endgame of hiring truckers is obviously to get this guy.

I actually snap-hired M.T. Cougar when I didn't have a truck for him, because how could I not.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Poil posted:

Hazard lights and slowly zigzag across all three lanes and no one will get past you.

Hazards, left blinker on, straddling the second and third lane divider, welcome to your highway to easy driving.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
This thread's full of people who play ETS2 like it's Burnout, and I'm over here with my 'follow the speed limit' this and 'be polite to other drivers' that, like [The Lonely Man intensifies]

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I just keep starting new profiles & have to drive lovely trucks that take the entire route just to get up to the speed limit :sigh:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

FredMSloniker posted:

This thread's full of people who play ETS2 like it's Burnout, and I'm over here with my 'follow the speed limit' this and 'be polite to other drivers' that, like [The Lonely Man intensifies]

Nope it's not just you, I also enjoy mainly obeying the traffic laws. Also with all the truck and trailer stabiliy sliders at their lowest you really can't ridge racer the thing around corners. Like most moderate curves on ATS's highways have to be taken at or below the recomended limit. It's still fun feeling the truck almost tipping over and saving it tho

If I wanna go fast I'll play a racing game, ATS and ETS are my chill out and watch/listen to something in the background games. Most of my traffic violations come from not paying attention or actual tiredness.

I'm even thinking of putting the speed limiter back on in ATS because I've been enjoying doing the world of trucks stuff at 65 and not having to have the hammer down all the time in the states where you can go 80.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

imagine not doing 90mph down the median while carrying 38,000 lbs of petroleum

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
If I make a long haul and I'm not at least a day ahead of the initial estimated ETA when I arrive, the job was a failure.

Or maybe it's more accurate to say that every job I take is done as if it was the next Smokey and the Bandit movie.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jan 9, 2021

duz
Jul 11, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/q2SK3xK.mp4

Me when I take a special transport mission.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

AG3 posted:

If I make a long haul and I'm not at least a day ahead of the initial estimated ETA when I arrive, the job was a failure.

Or maybe it's more accurate to say that every job I take is done as if it was the next Smokey and the Bandit movie.
Every driving game is a racing game.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
Are there any mods to make fuel trucks explode? Could really enhance runs of the rushed and reckless variety.

BirdOfPlay
Feb 19, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

FredMSloniker posted:

I felt bad when I had to turn around through a divider, because I didn't know that roads could be closed.

Are there good radio stations for ATS? I thought the German ones would be fun Euro dance music, but it's all Pop40 stuff with a German song every hour or two.

Chief Savage Man posted:

Are there any mods to make fuel trucks explode? Could really enhance runs of the rushed and reckless variety.

The lack of explosions once I got my HAZMAT certs really bummed me out.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

BirdOfPlay posted:

The lack of explosions once I got my HAZMAT certs really bummed me out.

Same, and thread title?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

BirdOfPlay posted:

Are there good radio stations for ATS? I thought the German ones would be fun Euro dance music, but it's all Pop40 stuff with a German song every hour or two.

I'm using the Local Radio mod, and I was kind of stunned by how many radio stations in every country are just dedicated to the top English hits (Or 80s). The mod also functions for ATS, and really helps with immersion, especially when I cross out of a broadcast range, tune for another radio station, and run into a guardrail in my distraction. If you're specifically looking for German, I found https://www.schlagerparadies.de/ just before crossing the border into Belgium.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

You know I don't know how I *thought* those got transported around, but this wasn't it.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
The next dlc after Iberia is I think going to be more of Russia, maybe if they get far enough we can get to China like these dudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoxk6zD9l2o&t=95s

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
1.40 is adding more viewpoints to ATS.

https://blog.scssoft.com/2021/01/140-new-mexico-oregon-viewpoints.html

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Dareon posted:

I'm using the Local Radio mod, and I was kind of stunned by how many radio stations in every country are just dedicated to the top English hits (Or 80s). The mod also functions for ATS, and really helps with immersion, especially when I cross out of a broadcast range, tune for another radio station, and run into a guardrail in my distraction. If you're specifically looking for German, I found https://www.schlagerparadies.de/ just before crossing the border into Belgium.

Imagine not listening to Radio Tell 24/7.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

People listen to the radio and not to podcasts and youtube videos???

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

track day bro! posted:

The next dlc after Iberia is I think going to be more of Russia, maybe if they get far enough we can get to China like these dudes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoxk6zD9l2o&t=95s

I just want them to fill in the rest of the Balkans (and also make cities more detailed but I doubt that will ever happen).

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Achernar posted:

Imagine not listening to Radio Tell 24/7.

See, this guy gets it.

40Inch
Aug 15, 2002

I listen to BBC Radio 4 exclusively in Truck Sim for no good reason. I can't tell you how many times I've fallen asleep 'at the wheel' doing 145km/h.

Probably not related.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Before I found the mod, I was listening to Nation Radio Cardiff constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
SMH if you don't have a playlist of country songs specifically about trucking.