Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Reminding everyone that you can follow the company page on Steam, and if you buy ATS inside its release week, you can get a skin pack for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Last thread someone mentioned that your minions' trucks are now affecting their earnings.

Was this confirmed anywhere? I'm interested on what upgrades actually helps.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Poil posted:

Driving to Oregon sounds like a terrible idea. All that dysentery and lack of bridges.

This joke would be better if Ford built trucks.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Poil posted:

They don't? Did they use to or did I get things completely messed up?

Well, AFAIK they do build trucks, but not the kind of trucks that ATS is about.

Not sure there's a specific name for those trucks. There should be.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Thanks for the clarifications!

Erwin posted:

Ford did make them in the past:

Now Poll's joke works. :haw:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Not sure what you mean by basic, but a Logitech G60 is perfect.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

PostEd logo doesn't have an arrow. 0/10

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

You can change the units to more sensible ones in the Gameplay Settings.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Inertia? Make sure you shift down and accelerate after braking? :confused:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Largepotato posted:

Today in ATS I learned that in America it's illegal to overtake on a single lane desert road.

Yeah, what the gently caress is up with that? I thought double yellow lines signified something different, but I guess it's just pretty stupid then.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Euro Truck Simulator 2: No roads lead to Rome Eiffel tower.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Harmburger posted:

Get your Vegies here!

gently caress wallbert lots.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Where do you redeem the steampunk paintjobs?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Just a minor correction: It's Anisotropic, not Antiostropic. :spergin:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

1:1 is ludicrous, but I was hoping for a less compressed map this time around.

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Feb 5, 2016

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

It's just taking a nap. :3:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

shortspecialbus posted:

Nvidia Inspector Guide for SGSSAA and better Antialiasing than the in-game settings:

I just downloaded NVidia Inspector and ATS has a profile there. It's mostly blank, though.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Kilonum posted:

fun ATS fact: you can copy all the *.sii files in Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\Profiles\<profile> and paste them into Documents\American Truck Simulator\Profiles\<profile> and all your controls will be mapped to what you had them mapped to in ETS2

For anyone else doing this. Just don't copy the "profile.sii" file or else your game won't be able to load saves.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Cowman posted:

I don't know if the ATS profile has the settings but it's easier to just do the ETS2+ATS since it's got the stuff that makes it work and also assumedly can use it with ETS2 as well.

I couldn't add the ATS executable to the ETS2 profile because the Inspector complained that the ATS executable already had a profile of its own.

But yeah.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Poil posted:

You shouldn't have to rest before accepting a new job. The game will add sleepy time on top of whatever drive time it calculates for the distance regardless of whether you are fully rested or have half an hour before you collapse of exhaustion. Sounds like the modder(s) either doesn't know how to code that or decided that since they don't use the fatigue setting no one else does. It could of course also be some bug, does it work normally with the old parts of the map? :confused:

Ding ding ding

Though I can't say for sure for every map mod, but apparently for Promods and TSM that was pretty much it.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Nokiaman posted:

I literally never ever had late job with PM even with 2000km jobs. Where is this misinformation coming from :confused:

Last thread. :v:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I think I managed to find out what's pissing me off so much about ATS (aside from the insane compression): That loving 18-gear manual gearbox and it's necessary evil, range-splitter. I switched to Automatic and it's so much less annoying.

Of course, if the highway speed limits didn't change so often, I don't think I would mind.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

shortspecialbus posted:

The range splitter really isn't that bad once you grasp it. Button 1 for Even/Odd, Button 2 for High/Low. I mapped them to the lower left 2 buttons on my G27 (I previously had TrackIR pause/reset there, moved them elsewhere as I need them less often with my newer TrackIR profile) and they work pretty naturally there.

By lower left buttons do you mean the two leftmost buttons on the row just above the shifter?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

shortspecialbus posted:

No, I mean out of the 3 buttons on the left side of the G27 wheel, I use the bottom 2 for shift mode purposes. .

I use those for looking left and for looking forward.

I really have to map the gear buttons to the keyboard anyway, it's sitting right next to me.

Driving automatic is boring anyway.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Tippis posted:

It's turn signals and steering input, so you look into corners and turns. It works pretty well for just driving around, but if you're in an intersection without lights and have to look out for traffic, it will obviously not guess where you want to look. Since the game doesn't penalise you for confusing enemy vehicles with your turn signals or turning the wheel while standing still, you can still use those, but it's not the most elegant solution.

So, when you are in a slight curve the vision goes ever so slightly to the direction?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Here's a tour of a Peterbilt given by a cool trucker lady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfpSBONi6Oc

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Apparently that's the plan for World of Trucks, but the contracts suck right now.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I stuck a spare car mat under the pedals and it worked nicely. Also it almost feels more authentic. :v:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

In total

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Small preview/teaser for Arizona, just a few screenshots.

http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/03/arizona-teasing.html

The second comment is someone saying that it looks like crap. :psyduck:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

pwnyXpress posted:

well yeah, its arizona

but they told me the grand canyon was alright

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Even the The Onion couldn't make a more perfect last two sentences.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

This is pretty cool and all, and I will probably order one soon, but the shifter positions in the default medallions don't include the G27's reverse slot, and that throws the all positions out of whack. Nice of them to add a custom image option, though.

And correct me if I'm wrong but vanilla ETS2 only has a 12-speed gearbox, right?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

... And the very first comment is pretty much saying that the DLC isn't up to ProMods standard, and they should hire ProMods and :words:

Seriously, why do those people even bother with ETS and SCS at this point? Are they actually dissing SCS for everything they do or are they on a competition to see who is the biggest rear end in a top hat in their community?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:eyepop:

Holy crap I might get back into ATS

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Panch posted:

Does that shifter easily swap? Usually I put my wheel away for long periods and then play dirt rally and American truck for a long period on a weekend or something. I'd want to be able to swap back and forth pretty easily since I would be switching games fairly often.

They had a video on their kickstarter page that showed them changing it. It was just a screw on the side of the shaft IIRC and it looked pretty easy.

Edit: Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TDCNGpp0SM

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Jul 28, 2016

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

When I played with a controller (DS3), my setup was something like this:

L2: Brake
L1: Shift down
R2: Accelerate
R1: Shift up

Up: Retarder speed increase
Down: Retarder speed decrease
Left: Blinker left
Right: Blinker right

Select: Interact
Start: Engine on/off

Triangle: Cruise control
Square: Beacon
Circle: Horn
X: Light horn

R-Stick: Camera*
R3: Hazards
L-Stick: Turning*
L3: Wipers

*: Might be swapped by the other stick, can't remember now.

The idea was to get to cruising speed, activate cruise control and dodge enemies until I arrived where I couldn't really use cruise control. It was pretty boring and the reason that I bought a G27.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Made today, they're adding a quick camera zoom feature for looking at things that looks neat.
http://blog.scssoft.com/2016/08/cab-improvements.html

Also they are decoupling the steering wheel from the cabin's geometry, and that means that we may be able to hide the wheel!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Thanks for posting the stuff!

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Trustworthy posted:

So the timeline still would have been this slow on TX & NM, even without the rescale project in the mix?

But I want to drive coast to coast this decade. :smith:

The work on the new states started after the rescale has been announced, IIRC. They even mentioned that it wouldn't make any sense to release the DLC and then rework them to fit the scale.