Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Ground floor / What loving game releases on a Wednesday!?

I'm so loving pumped for this poo poo!!! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Yeah, first time I heard some station give a mention to ETS2 players while I was playing the game I was taken aback.

Also: $20 feels ridiculously low for ATS and I hope they're not screwing themselves over. I'd easily give $30!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
What loving game releases on Wednesday?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Khablam posted:

32k people watching this ATS stream right now - http://www.twitch.tv/lirik

In the best possible world, multiply by $20 for $640,000. Still not a LOT of money (for serious, $20 is criminally underpriced) but hopefully enough to get licensing attention.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Recently turning left on red has been popular.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Empress Theonora posted:

I'm excited for American Truck Simulator, but a bit worried it just won't be the same without hearing a bunch of weird European radio stations. I liked trying to switch to a station in whatever language was spoken in the country I was driving through, which was cool.

They all played American pop anyway.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The advantage of living in a city that house Route 66 go through it is that if they decide to do both coasts earlier than doing states contiguously is that I may get featured anyway!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Could just fade-out teleport you to the next state you have.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

santanotreal posted:

What's the point of taking jobs off of world of trucks versus the in-game job market?

It just adds to your online progress and currently there isn't really one. After World of Trucks gets fleshed out with online companies and other features it'll be more worth it but as is it's a neat proof of concept.

e: Browsing the threads for gold like someone mentioned and found:

For people in other countries complaining about exchange rates posted:

Excuse SCS Software for not controlling the exchange rates, it's your own countries fault that your currency not worth poo poo. Don't blame SCS for that thx

:allears:

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Feb 2, 2016

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Rebel Blob posted:

Can't wait for South American Truck Simulator.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgRneVBkC_0

http://store.steampowered.com/app/263280/

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Is there a truck law about ten MPH lower than posted? I saw a sign for 65 but the limit on the GPS says 55.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Weird, my 970 works fine, constant 60 maxed settings.

Dream mods:

Weather changes based on region/state. Here in The Great Plains we have lots of amazing storms. Apparently it's less so in California.

Radios that can be area based. I like having to search for a new station after getting out of range because I'm a horrible sperg.

The GPS being able to read the metadata from the internet radio station and tell me what I'm listening to. Real radios do this now.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I was not aware the Xbox button could be bound. Does it bring up that loving battery monitor still?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Came to t-junction this evening behind a mustang and was waiting to turn left. THE TRAFFIC WAS NEVER ENDING! I eventually had to back up (hitting a car and incurring a hefty fine) before going around the mustang and slowly attempting to make traffic stop so I could go. It worked for the first lane and the second lane was clear so I started going. The third and fourth saw what was up and let me but JUST as I'm about to clear the oncoming lanes some busted old rear end convertible SLAMS into the trailer (of explosives) doing about 18% damage to it.

I can't wait for Arizona.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Someone else asked and went unanswered: Do I need to worry about weigh stations after buying my own truck or are they always optional immersion things? I haven't used one yet and I haven't gotten in trouble for it either, but I still don't own my own truck yet.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

jadebullet posted:

ATS has Steam Workshop support, correct?

Not yet but it's going to happen at some point.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Grey Fox posted:

Alex has been professing his love for ATS on twitter and has Jeff playing too, so it's pretty much a lock we're getting one.

As much as Beast's QLs tend to be poor, unfocused, rambling messes, I think that's exactly why they should handle this one.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Cowman posted:

There's something really weird going on with my game for first person. I noticed that 3rd person mode gives me 10fps over 1st person and I have no idea what's causing this.

The cabs are decently detailed. Is your rig poopy?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's the 970. A few people here with them have reported inexplicably HORRIBLE performance and a few people (myself included) have a buttery smooth experience with theirs.

I am NOT on the latest drivers.

I also have TrackIR so I only use the physical mirrors, not the PiP ones.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
My 970, maxed settings, 400% is doing JUST fine. I don't even see a dip in cities.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
The game is great but holy gently caress is it frustrating.

The speeding tickets are total bullshit.

I keep getting ticketed for other people hitting me.

I haven't had more than about 5k money before going BACK into the negative.

I had a delivery for 10k to a gas station RIGHT off the road with the longest possible fuel tanker. The start point and the delivery point were on opposite sides of the station and you can't pull through those stations with a loving trailer. So a few minutes of trying to dodge traffic later I'm back on the road and backing into the station, ONLY to have a loving cop car pull through the station and park right behind me. I dinged him twice real lightly because he refused to move and went negative again. Thankfully the job turned a profit but the early game in this is loving MISERABLE.

Still, enjoying myself overall barring these weird issues.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
That's what I meant by them. I never willingly go over the limit but the sudden changes are ridiculous, even knowing that the border / city limit signs are the indication.

I got a few tickets for red lights from stopping WELL short of the white line, seeing the cross lights turn red, and starting to accelerate so I can cross quicker. I don't know if the ticketing line is further back than the stop line or if it sets it where you stop.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

shortspecialbus posted:

Feel free to modify/redistribute/whatever, I don't care about credit.

Then it's not a real mod you monster!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Does that work for services that use IHeartRadio?

The weird thing is that I HATE my local stations, but I want them in my virtual trucking game...

Turned on a framerate counter last night. My 970 with everything maxed and 400% gets 60 on the highways between cities and in cities about forty. It's perfectly fine and from what I gather the people with 970s having performance issues are waaaay below 40.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
"Any oddities in our glorious American traffic system is due to this game being made by Czech's!"

should really be in the OP.

e: Does make me wonder how regional things like our Midwest suicide lanes or New Jersey's rumored P-turns will be represented though...

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Awesome, thanks man!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
$20 for three states and two trucks too rich for your blood?

Steam's having a surprise sale and for $25 you can get 400+ cities, 37 different trucks, and twelve dozen cargos with the Euro Truck Simulator 2 Deluxe Bundle!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

xergm posted:

It, in fact, does. I wrote up a quick guide on how to do it.

http://imgur.com/a/Wbhjb

You can test the stream by copying the link into VLC or something. Sometimes there's some extra junk in the URL for your session, so you may have to strip some of that out.

If you don't already know how to set up stations, here's another guide:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=289399041

Edit:

What I mean by extra URL junk is this:

http://54.145.20.232/entercom-kqrcfmaac-64?session-id=870113784&type=.flv&source=v6player&user-id=9009e17a-dcdb-4e41-bea9-ae47153de300
This the link for a local rock station I by using the above process. Notice how long this link is?

Everything after the and including the question mark (?) can be removed.
http://54.145.20.232/entercom-kqrcfmaac-64

All of the other stuff is session info and such being sent to the server and it's possible it might not play well with the game. I would recommend experimenting and testing your link out in VLC or something before going through the trouble of editing live_streams.sii and loading up the game and finding out it doesn't work.

I can't guarantee this will work for all stations, but it worked for all the local ones I tried.

Having gotten home I have tried and cannot get either one of my local stations on this way. One doesn't give a valid URL like your Imgur album (it just keeps giving different .aac files every few seconds, no long single piece like in your album) and the other one does give me the piece and shows up in game but apparently the URL is wrong.

http://ice8.securenetsystems.net/KMYZ

URL by itself works perfectly fine.

http://www.iheart.com/live/97-5-kmod-1929/

The one I can't get a URL from at all.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 6, 2016

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Found this oddity and I'm sure it's not just this one instance:

So that's a 4-way light at an intersection with on/off-ramps. Meaning that the light featured is for the on-ramp for the highway, a direction from which no cars should EVER be coming from (as indicated by the "do not enter" signs). So chalk up another localization oddity for stop lights.

e: Also the game has an overabundance of one-way signs. I saw one in the center median of an avenue in some city pointing perpendicular to the street...

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

IAmTheRad posted:

LT and RT are considered an axis by most games, unless the developer has specifically added Xbox gamepad support. ETS2/ATS does not have specific support, so each trigger looks like an axis. The easiest way to tell if a program has support is to look at the way buttons are mapped. If the button map shows the actual button instead of just a number, then the program natively supports Xbox controllers.

Which sucks because I want to bind my right stick to functions rather than an axis.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

xergm posted:

I looked at it, and it did pull a playlist file down.

Here's the link I got from it. Seems to play in VLC. Haven't tested it in-game though.
http://c4.prod.playlists.ihrhls.com/1929/playlist.m3u8

Did not work. Seems like my local stations are not going to work with ATS.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

shortspecialbus posted:

I CAN END YOUR MISERY

A lot of my enjoyment of this thread has been this recurring nightmare of yours.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

It's just Dewgy.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

The Deadly Hume posted:

God I hope they keep putting stuff like this in in all the territory DLC.

I'm excited to see what they add to Oklahoma. We're boring, plain, and awful. What can they possibly add?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Thank GOD! I've been wanting one of those flat-nosed monstrosities since they started showing the promotional shots.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Just got back from a sixteen mile delivery for my job. Playing this game made me actually pay FAR more attention to trucks on the road and I even recognized the Peterbilt logo a few times.

Saw a three trailer UPS truck too. That'd be neat to somehow get in game.

Also saw a truck with a gently caress-off big Confederate flag panted on its grill which leads to:

If this game doesn't receive some sort of Southern Pride DLC it's a loving failure.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
While GTAV was wrong in thinking this was a feature worth adding maybe it is here. Driving into the sun with a dirty windshield is BAD. So maybe here it'd work as a mechanic.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If it wasn't a mission objective no one would do it, rightfully so.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You can always just use an external player. I had Spotify open at one point and the game didn't seem to resent it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Train tracks are an archaic leftover from years and years gone by. We continually run single engines on the so that we still get use out of them.