Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Poil posted:

Why do people think that 20-30 is going to be anything but 30? Or did ET2 cost that, I can't remember?
ETS2 launched at $30, but it had a lot more content at launch than ATS will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Scandinavia is way better than Going East, in my opinion; there's a lot more variety in the environment.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

santanotreal posted:

Is it just me, or do the cities look amazing compared to ETS2?

They do. They're so much more detailed and varied and apparently the drivable area in each city is much larger than in ETS2. It looks like they're doing a great job of addressing my main complaint with ETS2, which is that you could drive most of the way across the continent and things would look pretty much the same the whole time. I'm so loving pumped.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Dezinus posted:

I'm guessing that was just treatment for the trailer, but drat I would love random CB transmissions so much.

"Come to the rest stop on SR-2 outside Pasadena in the next 55 minutes if u want an rear end kicking"

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Snaxx posted:

Didn't one of the old 18 Wheels of Steel have cruisers that pulled you over?

I think so. Rig 'n' Roll also has police cars that you can run off the road. It's not a very good game but it's worth playing; it's like a nightmare version of American Truck Simulator.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Is this guy still in ATS? I sure hope so, I don't know how I could truck as anyone else.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Kilonum posted:

how the hell do 0.4% of ATS Players already have the "Warming Up" Achievement (drive 10k miles during deliveries)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvbJJhAO1Ow

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Galaga Galaxian posted:

How did you even manage to do that?!

Very precisely, from the looks of it.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Harminoff posted:

I got this wheel and while it is great it is also super loud with this game.

You can turn down or disable engine FFB (the thing that makes it constantly rattle) if the noise bothers you.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

ShootaBoy posted:

Geez they got a lot pricier since last I checked. Are there any good/decent sub $100 wheels these days?

The only wheels available in that price range are piece-of-poo poo Thrustmaster units (they make good wheels, just not that cheaply). It is kind of insane how expensive they've gotten since I bought my Driving Force GT; I would say your best bet is to pick up a secondhand one of those. You'll pay around $200 but it's the best value for money out there right now, in my opinion. If you want something new, Thrustmaster has a T150 wheel for $200 that's pretty highly rated, but you'll have to pay an extra $150 for the H-shifter unless you're fine with using paddles.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Erwin posted:

Do you really think the most likely reality is that this is true about the entire US and that this game is 100% accurate about that fact?

Sounds about right based on where I live. If you're trying to get on the highway, gently caress you, I was here first. The best is when the entrance lane immediately turns into an exit lane so you have about five seconds to get up to the appropriate speed and find an opening to join the indifferent wall of highway traffic.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Robzilla posted:

Edit: OKAY thats weird... apparently this ONLY happens when I have my Steam Controller on.

This is a known bug, the Steam forums are full of people asking about it.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Robzilla posted:

I dunno how it is everywhere else, but in NYS you're supposed to get over to allow the flow of traffic from the onramp to be able to enter.

Keywords, SUPPOSED, TO.

But why only ATS and not any other gave I've tried. I guess I'm just lucky I guess. =/

I mean it's a known bug with American Truck Simulator.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

jerkstore77 posted:

Is pro mods out yet?

dude the game has been out for one day

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
This is still my favorite truck sim screenshot I've taken (ETS1)

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Athaboros posted:

Playing with an XB360 controller and enjoying it. Are there any controller button mapping layouts that you guys prefer?

Simple automatic transmission:

Left stick = steer
Right stick = look around
A = activate
B = wipers
Y = trailer attach/detach
X = start/stop engine
LB = previous route advisor page
RB = next route advisor page
LT = brake
RT = accelerate
Back = world map
Xbox = menu
Start = toggle route advisor
D-pad up = light modes
D-pad down = high beams
D-pad left = interior camera
D-pad right = chase camera
R3 = horn

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

But what about your turn signals? :colbert: I usually use LB/RB for those.

gently caress 'em.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah, that never happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Reginald_Denny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMP6bXnXdZM

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Galaga Galaxian posted:

No one cares. gently caress off with that poo poo.

That guy's original post sounded like some race-baiting poo poo, but that specific event is a real, documented thing that happened and I don't see why someone would claim it didn't.

The Ass Stooge fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 3, 2016

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I was not aware the Xbox button could be bound. Does it bring up that loving battery monitor still?

I dunno, I play on a Mac so I don't use the Microsoft drivers.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Poil posted:

Do you really need anything beyond accelerate and maybe steering?

horn

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Man, my empire was so profitable in ETS2 that I could just drive at full speed everywhere and not give a poo poo how many tickets I got. ATS has been something of a rude awakening, especially when I finish a job and realize that over half the profit went to pay the fines I incurred on the way there.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Someone else asked and went unanswered: Do I need to worry about weigh stations after buying my own truck or are they always optional immersion things? I haven't used one yet and I haven't gotten in trouble for it either, but I still don't own my own truck yet.

I've found that nasty Southern sludge metal is a great soundtrack for this game, and blowing past a weigh station at 90 MPH while it plays feels like a million bucks. I am hella immersed.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Hollenhammer posted:

Playing euro 2 and i've just unlocked the option to upgrade from 4x2 to 6x2.
Is this a good idea?
also: I can now buy a taller cab. Does this do anything?

The bigger cabs don't do anything except look cool, so obviously you should get one. Switching from a 4x2 to 6x2 widens your cab's turning radius but makes it more stable.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

xergm posted:

Why the SCS devs? Why not you? Your truck actually controls a radio-controlled facsimile out on the road.

You're actually hauling real cargo for profit!

Fender's Game

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Mr Scumbag posted:

^^^ How did you get it working on Windows? The only drivers I found were from a site that wanted to charge for them, so I passed on it, since gently caress paying for drivers.

Been having a blast with ATS, but the lack of content is already wearing on me. Thinking of going back to ETS2 since I never played it much and I now have all the DLCs. A question for those familiar with the games: Is there any significant differences/downgrades in going from ATS back to ETS2? I kind of want a bigger map and more trucks to choose from, but I'm wondering if there's any compromises in going back to ETS2.

E: Also, is there any huge list of radio stations I can import into ETS/ATS? I want a huge variety, but I don't want to have to pick and choose and manually add everything.

The only differences between the two that I've encountered are the police (ETS2 uses cameras instead of actual cop cars) and the feature that lets you choose easy or hard delivery in ATS.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

GreatGreen posted:

I'd kill for a radar detector mod.

Also are there any online lists with pics of all the trucks you can buy in ATS?

There are two trucks. Here they are:

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
Car washes in GTA are silly because the cars are so disposable. If you do take one through the car wash, there's a 90% chance you'll flip it a block away after you leave. It makes a lot more sense in ATS because your truck is indestructible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Other people watch videos of truck disasters. We watch videos of truck successes.