Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
What's the steam price gonna be of ATS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Thanks. That's more than a fair price I feel.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

widespread posted:

... crap, when's the next sale expected? $19 sounds pretty... steep? Like, I'm due a check Friday but... it ain't for much.

ETS tends to have sales fairly often, even outside of the big sales. I think during the winter sale Scandinavia got down to $8 or $9.

edit: According to IsThereAnyDeal.com, it's last sale was for $9 but when it was first released they offered a sale of $5.50.

Nottherealaborn fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jan 28, 2016

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Is it just me, or do the cities look amazing compared to ETS2?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

What loving game releases on Wednesday?

American Truck Simulator, if I'm not mistaken.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

ManicJason posted:

The new speeding mechanic seems infuriating. Cops have a magic bubble around them that instantly tickets you if you are speeding. The speed limits that instantly drop down 30 MPH are realistic, I suppose, but they make this very painful. It seems like speeding at all will be impossible in the early game.

Also watch out for railroad crossings!

Lol he's complaining about it breaking his engine but if there hadn't been an invisible wall, the train would have nailed his trailer.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
What's the point of taking jobs off of world of trucks versus the in-game job market?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Poil posted:

Two things:

1. Why do the traffic lights go directly from red to green with no red/yellow first so you're prepared? It just suddenly becomes green.

2. Why does so many cargo places have a guy standing at the entrance thrusting his hips towards me?

1. The US doesn't do the yellow light between red to green, only a yellow light to warn you that the light is turning from green to red. We are dumb like that.

2. Depending on your proximity to Reno/Vegas, he is either guiding you park the vehicle or is a tranny hooker.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Poil posted:

Just did a late night delivery and it started to rain. :3:

There sure are a lot of stops signs in the game. Are there that many in real life too?

Never at the same intersection as lights, but there are a decent number of stop sign intersections

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
I'm loving the new parking options and increased difficulty of some drop off points.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

nerox posted:

I need to file an insurance claim.

My truck is stuck, how do I get unstuck? :(

On your gps one of the selectable tabs allows you to ask to get towed.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Lmao they really gotta allow you to make like a U-turn up the road, or have a more obvious warning.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

xergm posted:

There should be an additional "persuasion" skill that has a chance of lowering your ticket or getting off with a warning.

Also hookers at certain truck stops

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Keep in mind that max long distance isn't yet useful in ATS since the longest drive possible is about 1000miles.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The game is great but holy gently caress is it frustrating.

The speeding tickets are total bullshit.

I keep getting ticketed for other people hitting me.

I haven't had more than about 5k money before going BACK into the negative.

I had a delivery for 10k to a gas station RIGHT off the road with the longest possible fuel tanker. The start point and the delivery point were on opposite sides of the station and you can't pull through those stations with a loving trailer. So a few minutes of trying to dodge traffic later I'm back on the road and backing into the station, ONLY to have a loving cop car pull through the station and park right behind me. I dinged him twice real lightly because he refused to move and went negative again. Thankfully the job turned a profit but the early game in this is loving MISERABLE.

Still, enjoying myself overall barring these weird issues.

5 hours into the game and I have yet to get a speeding ticket. Got one ticket for running through a red light and also crashed a couple times on the same turn because I underestimated how sharp it was. Those were all within one hour of gameplay. :shrug:

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Only time I've been fined for driving tired/would've missed the drop off time when I rested is when I forgot to rest before starting a new job.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
The time limit is like over 8 hours of driving without stopping. Seems reasonable to me.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Mr Scumbag posted:

Reasonable in an ethical sense, yes, reasonable in a practical sense, absolutely not. If it were to be realistic, I'd imagine it would hover around 12 hours give or take 2 hours, and that is from experience talking to former truckers I worked with. Some have said that at times they drove 16-17 hours and slept the time they weren't driving.

Truckers doing that is the reason trucking is so regulated. So it doesn't really matter what people can realistically handle at a maximum. Keep in mind my 8 hours was an estimate, and I'm pretty sure it's more than that. (I just looked it up and saw that it is around 11 hours.)

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

IAmTheRad posted:

There is now an ATS demo out on Steam. So if you're not sure if you would like it or not, and don't want to shell out the cash, you can grab the demo.

It's time limited and only has California. But your progress will work with the retail game!

This is from the discussion they posted in the community group announcing the demo.

So the demo has over half the game in it? lol

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

darkwolf220 posted:

One of my drivers does 1k, one only about 600, she's going to get her rear end fired. I wanted to do one more run tonight, but Karlskrona at 2am doesn't offer much work. Drove to a neighboring city and picked up a few tons of fluoride :science: , tomorrow I am off to the UK, pray for me :ohdear:

I traveled to the UK for the first time yesterday and quickly decided to go back to the mainland. Driving on the left side hosed with my mind too much.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Hahahahaha it looks like the gates security camera attempts to take a picture of its license for running through without paying.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

FredMSloniker posted:

There is. It's not as large as it is moving on the freeway, but even stopped in town is 3x time compression. I'm not sure if you get better at a rest stop on the freeway.

Why not just park in the middle of the freeway? Traffic will just honk and won't go fast enough to cause damage if they get mad enough to bump you.

Edit: also if you own two garages, you can fast travel back and forth and force time to keep advancing. The further away the two garages, the more time wasted each travel.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

Yeah the rescale is going to be the first thing completed and has to be done so before they can release the next dlc (which will be at the new scaling from the start). The set up they have now is that their new recruit map makers are working on the rescale while the existing guys are working on the next dlc maps. Eventually this means that they will have two map making teams going forward which will pick up the pace of updates next year.

Don't read the comments on the SCS blog about this by the way. There are people mad about the rescale and arguing tat more road isn't necessary - that instead they should be focusing on essential stuff like having to get out your truck to fill up your gas tank.

Oh man that would be so cool. And also you could get out and manually sign your contracts and go to the bank to sign loans. And manually cry at the desk a few months later when the bank takes your truck and you go bankrupt.

Why do people want to ruin games with stupid poo poo like that?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Tippis posted:

Yes, they're call off-ramps and they're even worse than enemy drivers as far as ruining your speed and your cargo.

Well there's your problem, the tires are on the wrong side of the truck.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

tater_salad posted:

well if it's American truck sim, you need to 5 mph over the speed limit, while passing a truck doing 2mph over the speed limit in a low speed pass that takes 2 miles.

Don't forget that as soon as you're almost past, you have to inexplicably slow down to match the other truck's speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
Did they add the ATS parking mechanics to ETS2?