Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
Only $20? That's pretty good, only like $50 Canadian!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
It's all about eggs.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
ATS just keeps sounding better and better. Cheap price, Steam Workshop support, somewhat compatible with ETS2. Amazing all around. I'm installing now, but I won't get to play until later on. I can't wait.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I'm having a hard time getting used to driving in MPH. Here in Canada 40 (kph) is school zone slow. 40mph is going fairly quick.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Wow I'm not good at parking. Do the ATS trucks not turn as sharp as the ETS2 trucks or what?

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I have a GTX 970 and everything is on max except the mirrors. I'm just about to try my DK2 with it. Probably have to turn things down.

I managed to park the way I wanted to in the tight garage thing with the excavator out front in cab view. I had to switch to bird eye view once to check where I was though. It's hard to judge how far back you are or can go.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Okay other than night time the DK2 makes parking about 1000x easier. Really helps the situational awareness. Seems to work on Med graphics settings 100%. Ultra only works in the garage and High works okay sometimes but stutters other times. I haven't gone into the advanced settings to figure out exactly what causes slowdowns.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I don't like night time with the rift. The black smear is out of control. A mod that makes it so night never gets all the way black would be nice.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I got my first truck today.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003

GreatGreen posted:

Thanks!

Not missing a leg, just that the hardwood floor I'm on gives the g27's pedal assembly some sliding problems and the clutch just makes things worse.

Assigning the clutch to a button on the steering wheel seems like it would fix that issue and generally just make using the pedals a lot less of a pain.

You could try a little carpet under it so it has something to bite into.

I had the opposite problem. I was going to try and use the clutch pedal for the trailer brake but the game only wants to use buttons for that.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
http://i.imgur.com/Zcmp5ku.webm

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I feel the mod makers should open up patreons or something. I'd have no problem throwing some of the major mod makers a few bucks from time to time. I bet they would make a lot more that way than they do now with their fraction of a cent ad sites.

TomR
Apr 1, 2003

duz posted:

Valve added the ability to pay for mods a little while back. Gamers freaked out like this was the death of Steam so I think Valve turned it off.

I think that's just how Russia is. I've found my Firefox extensions rehosted on random Russian sites.

That's not really the same though. I don't know if having a donate button is better than a bunch of ad links but I would suspect it is. Maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
Awesome.