Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
oh hell yea pimp

aww hell YEAAHH

AH oh man.... HELL YES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
no one asked for this

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lmao http://www.twice.com/news/retail/circuit-city-set-return-spring/60261

yes, the iconic circuit city brand

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

the last time i was in a circuit city was in 2007 to buy a ps3 when they had some deal where you got a second controller free

i remember their point of sale systems being ancient as gently caress with monochromatic screens and dot matrix printers for receipts

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i cant believe someone is setting up physical retail to sell junky electronic poo poo in this, the current year, 2016

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Online, Shmoel will leverage his 15 years of e-tail experience

that is literally the first time I have seen the phrase 'e-tail' since 1998

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

pram posted:

i cant believe someone is setting up physical retail to sell junky electronic poo poo in this, the current year, 2016

it's targeted directly at millennials! how could this fail!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

the jingle is still burned into my memory

don't underestimate the power of a fully armed and operational branding station

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

pram posted:

3d printers baby!! gonna 3d print some twee custom grasshopper keys for their macbooks. bro think about it we wont even need a supply chain

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm the Hands Free Button

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

the circuit city near me sat vacant for years and years. then an ultimate electronics moved in, which went out of business in less than a year

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Necc0 posted:

oh hell yea pimp

aww hell YEAAHH

AH oh man.... HELL YES

hell yeah those are some broken hot-linked pics

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

yes! the world needs more Bluetooth speakers and selfie sticks

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

akadajet posted:

hell yeah those are some broken hot-linked pics

works for me, better take your computer to the geek squad!

ok i'll be nice and describe the store pic: literally a radioshack with circuit city branding

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

mishaq posted:

the last time i was in a circuit city was in 2007 to buy a ps3 when they had some deal where you got a second controller free

i remember their point of sale systems being ancient as gently caress with monochromatic screens and dot matrix printers for receipts

i went there in 2007 to get a gps because i just moved to dc from tx and was pretty loving lost. got the cheapest garmin they had and it was on special. worked gr8

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

SO DEMANDING posted:

ok i'll be nice and describe the store pic: literally a radioshack with circuit city branding

it's far too well lit to be a radioshack. even when i was a kid and they weren't bleeding money, every radioshack somehow managed to have lighting that was worse than any other store. they probably used radioshack brand light bulbs or something. maybe they figured the demo strobe lights would compensate

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Tayter Swift posted:

it's targeted directly at millennials! how could this fail!

it worked great for radioshack, a brand known and loved by millennials in all burbclaves

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
my very first job was at a circuit city (rip)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
so does this mean

will be back at verizon stores

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
Babbages now back at T-Mo kiosks and Egghead Software back oddly in Kroger stores

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
trump is going to be president and circuit city is coming back. let's make america great again ;baby

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

I'm the AOL cdn

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
circuit city was good bc it was the only outlet that had macs in my area once upon a time. now tho? idk. not feeling it.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

SO DEMANDING posted:

works for me, better take your computer to the geek squad!

i've never seen a radioshack with wood floors

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

mishaq posted:

did you tell them that their POS was a POS

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Phoenixan posted:

did you tell them that their POS was a POS

i did not :smith:

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sniep posted:

Babbages now back at T-Mo kiosks and Egghead Software back oddly in Kroger stores

software etc. is back now as an optional addon when you check out at cinnabon.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

What defunct chain of bankrupt stores will be rebranded as CompUSA

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

the jingle is still burned into my memory

don't underestimate the power of a fully armed and operational branding station

gently caress you. i can hear it now.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sniep posted:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

SO DEMANDING posted:

the circuit city near me sat vacant for years and years. then an ultimate electronics moved in, which went out of business in less than a year
same. UE charged $60 for a $40 game, so I left. that was my experience

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
"The stores themselves will range from 2,000 to 4,000 square feet, and will feature product zones that present the assortment by category and brand. Targeted directly at millennials, the mix will include pre- and postpaid smartphones, as well as tablets, notebooks, wearables, networking equipment, gaming products, headphones, drones, 3D printers, health appliances, and DIY devices, all supplemented by a service desk, electronic price tags and touchscreen terminals that link customers with what is envisioned as a million-SKU selection online."

surely people will use these rather than their smartphone and amazon

right? :ohdear:

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
when in doubt assume money laundering or utter stupidity.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tayter Swift posted:

Online, Shmoel will leverage his 15 years of e-tail experience

that is literally the first time I have seen the phrase 'e-tail' since 1998

shmoel? more like schmuck

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BooLoo posted:

when in doubt assume money laundering or utter stupidity.

if it was money laundering they wouldn't shell out for a recognizable brand both because it would cost more and invite more attention. you want your money laundering outfits to be boring and unseen like nail salons, carpet stores, or pay day loan companies.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

mishaq posted:

sears ones still are like this lol

they just have IBM flat-screens instead of IBM CRTs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

buttcrackmenace posted:

Targeted directly at millennials,

this is when you can stop reading

• Locked thread